It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Plan for Fighting Crime - Tougher Cops

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Then you're no different than they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Good. Also add to that plan parental involvement. If a parent fails, it becomes a cops problem. Fix you sh!t at home and we'll have less crime and we wont have to talk about this.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Well well, looks like Trump is just making stuff up now.

Police Respond to Donald Trump's Claim That Chicago's Violence Can Be Stopped In A Week

The Chicago Police Department on Tuesday denied Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's claim that he met with a "top" Chicago officer and argued the city's violence would not be solved with "tough police tactics."

"We've discredited this claim months ago," CPD spokesperson Frank Giancamilli said in a statement. "No one in the senior command at CPD has ever met with Donald Trump or a member of his campaign."

Trump said in an interview Monday that he believed Chicago's violence could be stopped using "tough police tactics," telling Fox News' Bill O'Reilly that he met a "top" Chicago officer who reportedly said he could "stop much of this horror show that’s going on" within a single week.

Trump added that he knows officers in Chicago who would put an end to violent crime "if they were given the authority to do it," a claim that Giancamilli refuted.

Trump told O'Reilly he didn’t ask the officer for specifics on the plan because he isn’t the mayor of Chicago, but added that police would be "much tougher than they are right now."

"I’m sure he’s got a strategy," Trump added. "I didn’t ask him his strategy."

Trump also claimed that he submitted the officer’s name for some sort of job.

"I sent his name in and I said, 'you probably should hire this guy because you have nothing to lose,'" Trump said. "Look at what’s going on in Chicago, it’s horrible. This guy felt totally confident that he could stop it in a very short period of time."

That's Trump for ya. You can tell when he's lying because of how non specific he is on details when he does it. Here he's talking to some Tough Cop with no name and no details of a plan.

And his supporters eat it up. The same people who rail against "unnamed sources" anytime a news agency reports anything negative from within Trumps campaign.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You don't even explain yourself so there isn't even any way to answer your reply.

Great tactic when getting your ideas across.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

You're witnessing the true power of "Cult of Personality". I think it may be the biggest danger of choosing celebrities as candidates, because their fans will follow the celebs regardless of their policy positions. I wish people would focus on specific goals & policy positions instead, and then choose the candidates that are most likely to implement them.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

You don't even explain yourself so there isn't even any way to answer your reply.

Great tactic when getting your ideas across.

I explained myself very well in my first post to you. But all you replied with was:

Yep, so what? The people that I point my finger at are responsible for both!

You literally agreed with my post that you sounded like ISIS recruiters. LOL So what else is there for me to explain?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No, that was just me saying: SO WHAT? The people that I point my finger at are responsible for both situations! And they are.. Saying I sound like an ISIS recruiter is just an accusation by you, nothing else.

Yeah and you were wrong then too. I sound like an ISIS recruiter? No, that's not even close to true. I speak of defending against and responding to aggression, ISIS is nothing like that, they kill innocents in a religious war. Don't be so easily confused next time.

Though I wouldn't expect someone with a Nation of Islam pendant as his avatar to be objective about a situation involving police like this. How do I know you're not some ghetto criminal making excuses just like those BLM folks? Or like those NOI rappers with their violent songs and escapades. I think you're too near this situation to be objective about it, we should probably ask some white guy or Asian about it, not some guy named Shabazz calling himself a god and calling whites albino cannibals. Let's not listen to too much from the black power movement?

But that's just me..

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah.. because the Hillary angle is that she wouldn't change a god damn thing either. So what are you saying with Trump? How does it matter?

Discussion of the topic? Yes, this is discussion of the overall situation with regards to policing: don't be obtuse.

There is no Hillary angle.

The fact is that the Chicago police say Trump never talked to any of their high ranking officers in the first place and basically he made up the whole story anyway.

You'd know this if you even bothered to read any of the thread. But you didn't and would rather talk some BS about Gays or Muslims or Hillary.

Get with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm I only needed to read the title to agree, thanks for bringing that up, it a great idea !

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I only needed to read the title to agree, thanks for bringing that up, it a great idea !

Yeah. You in favor of Tougher Cops???

Nice name BTW.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh, and just for the record... if the Chicago cops were any more aggressive, they would be facing charges at the Hague.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Have you actually looked at ISIS recruitment videos or propaganda? Unlike most people here, I actually like to research my opponents so I can understand their positions and see why people accept them. I look into groups like the EDL, KKK, neo-NAzi groups, and ISIS-like Wahhabi groups to see what they preach and why people still accept them. Obviously I won't link any of their crap here, but you should probably do a little research before making statements like that.

For example, have you ever heard of "Boko Haram"? Their name literally means "book forbidden", but it refers to "westernized teaching is forbidden". Well, Boko Haram considers itself "ISIS West" and its entire angle is about pushing out Westernization from Nigeria and the surrounding countries. They use Western "collateral damage" attacks as proof that the West is uncivilized and unworthy of peaceful resistance. And just like the main ISIS, they say that they must be so "extreme" that their enemies (aka us) will be too afraid to strike back. So they do random attacks in "Westernized" areas and against people suspected of being "Westernized" in their attempts to stop people from accepting Westernization.

Your post sounded just like their recruitment pitches. So I pointed that out to you and you replied with a "Yep, so what?". Do a little research and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Then again, I'm probably fooling myself by suggesting you do research on this. You just claimed my pendant is a Nation of Islam pendant, even though the crescent moon & star has been used as a symbol for Islam long before the Nation of Islam was created. If you didn't care enough to look into that before making your false claim, I highly doubt you'll look into why people in the West join groups like ISIS, much less their recruitment pitches & why your other post sounded like one of those recruitment pitches.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You make one of the arguments I always find stupid. If someone is willing to commit a terrorist attack they lack personal morals. They aren't radicalized if thr person didn't all ready believe what groups like Isis say there would be no recruitment. You all ready have to be indoctrinated to their ideology for it to be effective. In other words they were all ready inclined to be terrorists. All recruiting does is get them to act on there beliefs. People do not decide to kill other people unless they were all ready ok with it people never do something against there beliefs.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: lortl

and so it begins the brownshirts or ss.,
he can make an army just of his stormfront supporters

Yep, as if the police state we have is not bad enough with military toys and shoot first, ask questions later mentality
Gestapo tactics here we come, kiss more of your freedoms , justice and due process goodbye

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Doesn't Trump seem like the perfect product for
presidential candidacy from movielands gotham city?
Not that I give a rats ass who they already selected.
(Clinton)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
how is stopping criminals being a fascist?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Yeah.. because the Hillary angle is that she wouldn't change a god damn thing either. So what are you saying with Trump? How does it matter?

Discussion of the topic? Yes, this is discussion of the overall situation with regards to policing: don't be obtuse.

The fact is that the Chicago police say Trump never talked to any of their high ranking officers in the first place and basically he made up the whole story anyway.

You'd know this if you even bothered to read any of the thread. But you didn't and would rather talk some BS about Gays or Muslims or Hillary.

Get with it.

not exactly true.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

Get with it.

not exactly true.

www.nydailynews.com...

He lied about talking to a "top cop," and when the top cops refuted the story, he told another lie to cover it up. That's what Trump does all the time.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

That depends on who you consider to be criminals and what measures you take to stop them. Trump has made it clear that he considers Mexicans, Muslims, blacks, and other "non-whites" to be criminals. He has also expressed his approval of torture, and admiration for Saddam Hussein.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join