It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else do this? (Odd obsession)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Been meaning to post this for a while. It's something I do a lot but wondered if perhaps I'm just a little odd!

So, whenever I write something, draw something - basically create something - which includes posting on ATS - I have this weird obsession over rereading or looking at what I've done, and for want of a better word, be 'proud' of it.

That's a crappy way of putting how it makes me feel, but you get the jist. It's kind of like taking pride in your work, whatever that is, but enjoying it? Argh this is so hard to explain!

For example, I sometimes have to write technical documentation as I'm a coder. Boring, to the point, bland documentation. Sometimes with screenshots. And yet, once it's done, I can't help but read it over and in the back of my head there's that feeling, "I did that!". It's like I'm 10 or something.

I do this A LOT. So much so, I'll post this, wait for the screen to reload, then reread it thinking, "I did that!" and grin to myself inside. Hmm, perhaps that'll get me stuck in some kind of loop. Better not (but I will).

Anyway I digress - does anyone else do this, even though I've not explained it that well?! Just curious

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

Yep - I read my own post and thought, "I did that!". Argh.
edit on 22-8-2016 by youcanttellthepeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I read your post and guess what?

I am proud of you too!

And then I was proud of me for reading it...

Then I read it again... And was proud of you again! And then realized how proud I was of myself for reading it twice!!

~meathead
edit on 22-8-2016 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Haha!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have to admit sometimes i do look back on my posts.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I re-read my posts several times over, but it's not because of pride, haha. It's more of a, "Oh crap! Did I articulate that properly? Do I look like an idiot? Did I make a spelling mistake? No? Whew."

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
When i read back some of my posts they feel wierd like i did not write them wierd huh?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
When i read back some of my posts they feel wierd like i did not write them wierd huh?
Your wierd looks weird

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

For example, I sometimes have to write technical documentation as I'm a coder. Boring, to the point, bland documentation. Sometimes with screenshots. And yet, once it's done, I can't help but read it over and in the back of my head there's that feeling, "I did that!".

Nothing wrong wth that. Checking over and admiring your work one last time before you present to others so they can do their job.

Doesn't sound too prideful to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I do it, too.

And I think the more you love something, the more you pay attention to the finer details, and the more it shows in your work/creations.

High five OP!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Obsessive proof-reading helped me get a lot of A's in school.

Had a lot of teachers say I should be an editor.

Edit: To add that after I posted, I most indeededly reread this post to make sure it was flawless.

edit on 22-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I do this all the time. I've done this with my best threads on this site.

And I'm glad I did, because alot of times it helped me spot a mistake or a typo which would have gone otherwise unnoticed by me. Saved my threads from major boo-boos quite a few times actually.

new topics

top topics

join