It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump issues Statement on Clinton Foundation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Donald Trump - twitter

OK, so here is the latest Trump food for the mass media and general population to dissect & consume. Personally, I think he is bang on with his assessment of the Clinton Foundation - in just the last few weeks alone the interwebznet.mad has been flooded with videos, articles and commentary about the Foundation and even the FBI probing possible shenanigans from within it's corrupt halls.

Anyway, just wanted to get this out there for my friends here at ATS.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Must be shut down? The problem with that is its not just Hillary. She's just a front for all the behind the scenes machinery. The politicians that make legislation to approve the loans the banks make to big industry that builds the arms the military uses to enforce the state departments foreign policy for endless war.

The wheels of that juggernaut being greased by the peoples income tax.

What part of that should be shut down, again?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What will honestly happen if Hillary is elected POTUS? Will we have a majority of citizens in this country who despise our Pres. and are outspoken against her?

Will we have ever had such disdain for our President in office?

Will there be rioting and outcry against her, resulting in National Guard troops being called or Martial Law?

I'm afraid none of the corruption charges will bar Hillary from becoming President and we will have to find out for ourselves...

Time will Tell

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Money is the product of illegal activity and should be seized.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

As another poster has pointed out a few times in a couple of other thread:

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The corruption angle on the Clinton Foundation looks like it is the same thing they (Clintons) did with the Arkansas Development Finance Authority when Bill was Governor. That entity essentially was a money laundering front and a way to receive large amounts of cash for the political empire.

Bill was the AG of Arkansas before he became Governor. When you have people turn up dead with 5 gunshot wounds to the head and the death is ruled a suicide it makes one take notice.

The Clintons have been playing fast and loose with the rules for as long as they've been in politics. The Clinton Foundation is just the latest iteration of their shifty shenanigans.

Unless something stops them, they will keep on keeping on.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, outside of right-wing propaganda, do any of you know what the Clinton Foundation actually does?

If you're interested (I'm betting you're not) here's a primer: FactCheck - Where does Clinton Foundation Money Go?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
mass media

I swear I read "MESS media", which I thought was pretty good.

I don't actually know a lot about the Clinton Foundation (probably about as much as Trump does), but I am glad a light is being shone on it and hope something comes of it. I doubt it will, though.

Our elections in this country are pretty fouled with money. It's going to take a massive overhaul of the system to make elections meaningful again. But no one in power is going to allow that, because they benefit from the screwed up system. They created this monster!

originally posted by: FamCore

What will honestly happen if Hillary is elected POTUS? Will we have a majority of citizens in this country who despise our Pres. and are outspoken against her?

Not a majority, but yes. That's going to happen regardless who is elected. The country is deeply divided. Half of us are going to be VERY unhappy. And the other half is going to be downright miserable!

Will there be rioting and outcry against her, resulting in National Guard troops being called or Martial Law?

There will be rioting and outcry against whomever is elected, but I doubt the National Guard or Martial law will activate. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Just out of curiosity, outside of right-wing propaganda, do any of you know what the Clinton Foundation actually does?

If you're interested (I'm betting you're not) here's a primer: FactCheck - Where does Clinton Foundation Money Go?

Thanks, Gryph! I'll educate myself. Hopefully, Don reads this, too, so he can be more aware of what he's speaking about. I doubt he will, though.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What part of that should be shut down, again?

We have all recently witnessed establishment Republicans clamoring over each other to throw support behind Hills in lieu of Trump.

This tells me all I need to know.

The corruption, deception and fraud of the Clinton Foundation is symbiotic of the entire US political system and I have no doubt that if fully made transparent it would lay bare individuals, entities and sovereign governments from all walks of life and all political persuasions, reps, dems, greens, communists, fascists, mental case dictators, anyone with cash and a lack of ethics and morals, etc etc - and I bet right smack-bang in the middle will be the elite corporate and bankster bloodlines controlling the UN's agenda for global governance that have contributed to the misery and death of hundreds of thousands of people.

Haitians come to mind - just google "do Haitians like Hillary and Bill Clinton" and grab popcorn.

So yeah, what part should be shut down? All of it, every last corrupt iota of it.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I read ...

One independent philanthropy watchdog did an analysis of Clinton Foundation funding and concluded that about 89 percent of its funding went to charity.

How do they come to that figure when we know travel expenses and salaries would account for more than 11%?

Compensation: $2.2 million
Travel: $13 million
Other wages and Salaries: $47 million

To bolster its case, CARLY for America noted that the Clinton Foundation spent 12 percent of its revenue on travel and conferences and 20 percent of its revenue on salaries. That’s true. But the Form 990 specifically breaks out those travel, conference and salary expenses that are used for “program service expenses” versus those that are used for management or fundraising purposes.

Basically they just label stuff "program expense" and your source calls that charitable spending.
edit on 22-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If it's coming from Trump, I automatically don't believe it. I don't care if he is telling me that the Hulk is green. He's lying in my book.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why not direct that question to those that can answer it either the folks at FactCheck or the "independent philanthropy watchdog"?

Unless, of course, your only intention is to blow more smoke.

Did you happen to notice ANYTHING in the article about the worldwide efforts the Clinton Foundation (and associated initiatives) make in global health? In the fight against HIV/AIDS or Malaria?

You know, the point of my comment?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So yeah, what part should be shut down? All of it, every last corrupt iota of it.

Okay, don't forget the peoples de facto support make the whole thing possible...

edit on 22-8-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks, Gryph! I'll educate myself. Hopefully, Don reads this, too, so he can be more aware of what he's speaking about. I doubt he will, though.

I just read it, quoted it, and explained why his source is pulling the politician trick of lies through truth.

They admit the money goes to stuff like salary and travel .. but claim since it's labeled as program spending it counts as charitable spending.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I thought the point was to show how it's charitable still because she used the proper label for travel, conferences, and salary expenses.

Basically the knock is that she is using the charity as a front by labeling stuff as charitable when it's not, and your response is to quote a source that shows how it's almost all charitable because she labels it that way.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I just read it, quoted it, and explained why his source is pulling the Dem trick of lies through truth.

They admit the money goes to stuff like salary and travel .. but claim since it's labeled as program spending it counts as charitable spending.

You read the first paragraph and started posting nonsense.

FactCheck is not a "Dem source" nor is Charity Watch, Charity Navigator or any of the other "watchdogs" noted in the article.

Facts and evidence are not "leftist" despite what FoxNews tells you.

Either post something factual or move on.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yes, speaking for myself, I'm fully aware of their mission statement and other stated goals.

The FBI is doing an investigation in to possible corruption within the Clinton Foundation so irrespective of what facts are apparent, an FBI probe into corruption is transpiring which calls into question any legitimacy the Foundation lays claim on. Once the FBI investigation is completed and the findings made public, we can again revisit 'where does CF money go?'

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I thought the point was to show how it's charitable still because she used the proper label for travel, conferences, and salary expenses.

Basically the knock is that she is using the charity as a front by labeling stuff as charitable when it's not, and your response is to quote a source that shows how it's almost all charitable because she labels it that way.

I submit you didn't think anything ... you read the first paragraph and made a ill-informed effort to discredit the facts presented.

What do you think of the Clinton Foundations international efforts in public health?

Or are you just here to continue the dull-witted right-wing BS?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No I read the whole thing and then looked at the tax filings. I changed my post to political trick, because both sides do it .. and speaking as an independent who hates both sides I find factcheck very much a dem source.

I just posted actual expenses, travel, salary, and showed how it destroys your source's credibility. I guess it's not a fact though since it doesn't agree with what you want to be true.

You can fly around the world, attending conferences, paying out salary .. just label it charitable spending and it is.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Yes, speaking for myself, I'm fully aware of their mission statement and other stated goals.

The FBI is doing an investigation in to possible corruption within the Clinton Foundation so irrespective of what facts are apparent, an FBI probe into corruption is transpiring which calls into question any legitimacy the Foundation lays claim on. Once the FBI investigation is completed and the findings made public, we can again revisit 'where does CF money go?'

Not just STATED goals ... what the Foundation does and has done.

"The FBI is doing an investigation" ? Yeah, Republcians have done 20.

They keep finding that nothing wrong has been done. For about 27 years.

You made blatant accusations that the Clinton Foundation is corrupt, etc. and yet, you have no evidence ... only an "investigation"?

Seems that you are the one buying into media hype here, no offense intended.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join