It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Germany to require citizens to stockpile supplies in case of catastrophe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The water lobby are slipping big time !

Das iz bad !

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I was wondering too if something is up which the German government knows. I wonder if this has been in the works for months or even years or something recent made them draw it up? Any government wants their population to be as quiet as possible and this will certainly not assure people, although I'm happy with it and hope my government will institute mandatory prepping and survival when things break down.

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ColaTesla

Basically it is saying to do your weekly shop as normal

Actually, Europeans have a different approach to doing their marketing; traditionally they will buy fresh bread, vegetables, and meat daily, or as needed.

I don't think that's true, sure there are people who buy fresh food daily but that is only so for extremely traditional households (male works, female does the shopping/cleaning/cooking) and more households have two people both working. The more east you go the more traditional it gets. The other group would be the rich who have people to get them fresh food daily.

In the Netherlands an online grocery started a couple of months ago where people can order though an app and have the groceries brought by electric cars, which I'm sure will become autonomous in the near future. Most people buy for a week or more.
edit on 21-8-2016 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: DJW001

Seems odd to me that any govt would have to require what every
family man should already see as his first responsibility.

1.SECURE PROVISIONS (always and everytime)

IIRC most Euro's don't have freezers like we do and their refrigerators are ridiculously small. In the cities anyways. While you all are caterwauling about political BS, altho it's as RandyVS said, just common sense more than anything. Common sense for us in the US cause we've had more weather related disasters than Europe has so we "practice" this routinely.

For them in Germany it's going to be a new concept.
Actually for most of urban Europe.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I know. It's sad, really. When I was living in France in the 1970s, there were still "market days," not unlike farmers' markets here in the US. Increasingly, even the French are shopping in "Hypernarchés."

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

For them in Germany it's going to be a new concept. Actually for most of urban Europe.

That's a great insight.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Being that Europe is under great threat by terrorism that's probably what this is all about. They want their citizens to be prepared in case there are no stores or truck deliveries for a period of time. Could also be coupled with weather disasters as well, as seen with the US during hurricane season.

We all have it so easy thanks to stores that rarely are we prepared for when they're closed.

I am sorry, maybe i am ill or something like that, but as an european i don´t feel that great threat by terrorism. And almost nobody of the average people here in germany is afraid to become victim of a terror attack. The mass media reports since months of the peoples fear from terrorism.

But then go out to the real world, the reality, ask people, and guess what, they are afraid of becoming low wage slaves(if they aren´t yet) or unemployed, they are afraid of poverty in old age, although they worked their whole life and paid taxes and all that. They are afraid of becoming homeless because of growing rents. Many people are afraid of a growing police- and surveillance state. Of the next banksetrs crash and the consequences for the average, not rich people, but they are not feared from terrorism.

Everytime the mass media reports that "our" fear has grown a bit again, i have to ask myself:
Is that the so called and famous "german angst" they talk the whole time about?
I guess they hope that fear eats brains!

Seems to work for the "betteroff´s" that vote Merkel and CDU/CSU. And most for the Angstbürger/Wutbürger in the east of germany, that would vote, as welfare recipients, for a nazi party that would cut social welfare when they ever would come into power. Such people seem to love oppression, love to be watched and listened 24/7, would feel safer with german soldiers on the streets... Like in Hitler Germany. But that´s a little and stupid minority of the people here.
edit on 21 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I know. It's sad, really. When I was living in France in the 1970s, there were still "market days," not unlike farmers' markets here in the US. Increasingly, even the French are shopping in "Hypernarchés."

Yes, we have some big shopping malls too, but not only them, like in other countries. People like to go to little stores or like you mentioned, to markets at the market day. There is one market place 200m from my home, the next one is 1km, every quarter of cologne has it´s own market places where you can buy food from almost only local farmers. We have farmers driving around with their trucks, the people know the days and time when they come, and you can buy food fresh from the farm there.

The quality of the food in supermarkets is....meh! I rather pay some cents more, but the difference between fresh food an that "The Wing or the Thigh" food from supermarkets is enormous. Frozen meat and such stuff is a no go.

edit on 21 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am surprised the emergency food isn't also required to be halal only. Any canned ham or pork products will be considered "racist" and a sign that you are unwilling to share with muslism if the need arises.

The government wil probably provide emergency food for the welfare refugees that will certainly be required to be halal though.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why in the World, would people think that Russia would want to invade Europe?

Russia has more land and resources, more attractive women, more of nearly everything except good cars.
Europe is Russia's no1 source of foreign income, and no1 customer for its resources like Natural Gas and oil.
Why would it want to loose that?

Arguably, Russian citizens have just as much, if not more to a degree, freedom than most of the rest of Europe.

They dont have the stupid "Immigrant" problem of Europe, tho they have their own stupid radicals.

Their leader, regardless of opinion from the West, seems to be strong and uniting for the country......a country with a history of revolutions and bloodshed.

I dont see any issue with Russia.

More to the point, there seems to be MUCH unrest in Germany re the immigrant problem, by the natives. There seems to be support for political parties, other than the ruling Lefties, with their crazy ideas....ie Merkel.

I think they may fear a backlash from immigrants, WHEN the government changes to one the Native peoples think will be more for THEIR country, than the EU or Non Euro Heritage Foreigners.

Could be they may implement a "Go Home" by force policy on the immigrants, and want the natives to be "prepared".

But I personally dont believe a fear of Russia is warranted.

More likely a fear of Turkey and the ME wackos.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Why in the World, would people think that Russia would want to invade Europe?

Because they recently invaded Ukraine to secure their strategic interests in Crimea, and have a similar motivation to invade Poland to secure their assets in Koenigsburg/Kaliningorod. If they move on Poland, NATO has no choice but to respond. (Or do you think Russia should give Kaliningorod back to Germany?)
edit on 21-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Drinking water would be a problem.

If we say 2 litres a day, that's 10 litres for 5 days. Per person.

Where would you store that?

And what happens when it goes off?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Well, considering the current Middle Eastern climate and ISIS attacks in Europe it would be in your best interest to be prepared.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think it's more about the high level of risk that a dirty bomb or bombs may well be detonated over a European city of high populace, that may well incapacitate the Government and / or public services for an unknown amount of time.

5-10 days is better than nothing but if your under the direct line of attack, so to speak, it's about a useful as hiding under the stairs, as old public information films once suggested.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
maybe an emp attack is imminent .

2p.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

You couldn't store 10, 20, 30 litres of water?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

In our world, this is just something to do. Its just smart.

I keep a months worth of MREs under my bed for my family.

Water, we drink it faster than I can stock it, Will buy or build a filter /get a large plastic home depot water drum once we are in our new place. That goes in a closet.

We survive.

Everyone should do this, or similar. Todays world is less survivable with every year and step of "progress".

Also, grab your gun and bring in the cat.

edit on 8 21 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Fair enough, it's not that much, but it does go off mighty quick if it's not drunk straightaway. Without treating it in some way.

I actually stored some water back in 2003 after the Iraq invasion. Government advice.

Had to chuck most of it because it had gone bad before I could blink.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I suppose the easiest thing would be to purchase 4L or 10L jugs of water that are sealed. These will keep for a very long time.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Well, I think this is a noble idea. It would reduce chaos in the streets if something ever did happen, for sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
maybe an emp attack is imminent .

2p.

There hasn't been an all-out war between two world leaders since World War II. If there is another one, I bet someone uses EMPs because they are more ethical than nukes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join