It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Germany to require citizens to stockpile supplies in case of catastrophe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

A civil defense plan to be debated by the cabinet would require citizens to stockpile supplies in case of a catastrophe. The plan says people should prepare for an unlikely event that "could threaten our existence."

For the first time since the end of the Cold War, the German government plans to encourage its citizens to prepare for a catastrophe or armed attack by stockpiling food, water and other supplies, the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung" reported on Sunday.

Citing the government's "Concept for Civil Defense" paper to be discussed by the cabinet on Wednesday, the government will require people to stock 10 days worth of food and five days of worth of drinking water.

The civil defense strategy would require citizens to have a sufficient supply of food, water, energy, money and medicine to wait out a period until the state would be able to initiate a response to a catastrophe or attack.

A spokesperson from the interior ministry declined to comment on the contents of the paper until a Wednesday press conference.

Deutsche Welle

I don't know what to make of this, but when I came across it, it screamed "ATS!" I'm not sure whether this new civil defense plan is a reaction to the terror attacks in France, the escalation of Russia's war on Ukraine, or the increase in violent weather events of late. I'm sure someone here will think it is the latest hint at the return of Nibiru.
edit on 21-8-2016 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't you want 10 days of water and 10 days of food?

The Germans are slipping.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

It is interesting that the government would feel compelled to require it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I read about this on zerohedge earlier, It stated germany is set to advise its people to stock up enough food "to last 5 days"

Basically it is saying to do your weekly shop as normal

I suppose saying stock up enough for several months would put people in a panic, I wonder if germany knows something but isnt telling us?

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Isn't it ironic that such a stockpile of resources is considered grounds for inclusion on terrorist watch lists here in the US.
edit on 21-8-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Basically it is saying to do your weekly shop as normal

Actually, Europeans have a different approach to doing their marketing; traditionally they will buy fresh bread, vegetables, and meat daily, or as needed.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Isn't it ironic that such a stockpile of resources is considered grounds for inclusion on terrorist watch lists here in the US.

Ten days, no. Ten years... maybe.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That's the first thing I thought too. Even 10 days of water and 5 days food makes more sense than the other way around. Those extra 5 days of food aren't much good without water.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Your governent just want weak feeble sheeple.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It is interesting that the government would feel compelled to require it.

Odd indeed. Foreknowledge?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's the first thing I thought too. Even 10 days of water and 5 days food makes more sense than the other way around. Those extra 5 days of food aren't much good without water.

In most parts of Europe water supplys would be the first and most quickly think brought back on.

Though i wouldnt take my chances.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It all seems peculiar

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sounds like something they could advise people to do; but how would they ever make sure people were keeping it?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Being that Europe is under great threat by terrorism that's probably what this is all about. They want their citizens to be prepared in case there are no stores or truck deliveries for a period of time. Could also be coupled with weather disasters as well, as seen with the US during hurricane season.

We all have it so easy thanks to stores that rarely are we prepared for when they're closed.

From another source.

Germany to chart first civil defence plan since Cold War

The plan, which makes civilian backing of troops a priority while boosting the resilience of buildings and increasing capacity in the healthcare system, is due to be adopted by the government Wednesday, according to the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) daily.

Contacted by AFP, an interior ministry spokesman confirmed that the cabinet was due to adopt a civil defence strategy but declined details about the concept or comment on the newspaper report.

The strategy noted that "an attack on German territory requiring conventional defence is unlikely," but said the country should be "sufficiently prepared in case of an existence-threatening development in the future that cannot be ruled out," according to the 69-page strategy quoted by the FAZ ..

"The population will be encouraged to stockpile food for ten days," it said, adding that five days' worth of water -- at an estimated two litres per person per day -- should also be set aside.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Maybe it's being put out by the food lobby.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: In4ormant

Maybe it's being put out by the food lobby.

The water lobby better step up

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Catastrophe or Disaster? It would be if they declared Marshall Law or whatever they call it over there and put whole cities on lockdown for 5 or 10 days.

Now what could cause that kind of scenario, you think? It isn't because of the Russians attacking, either.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thank you for opening this thread!
I was just reading about that and i had to laugh a bit.

First of all, are they a) planning really a war against russia or b) are they trying to scare the hell out of us here?
I bet it`s b!

It´s not like this advices are new. But with the end of the first cold war it became qiet about this topic.
I had to laugh because now even the government gives advices for the people to become preppers. Had to think about that. Case of emergency, people are well prepped, the police or army only has to raid the houses, stockpiles everywhere. They don´t need to build their own storage facilites anymore, peoples houses are everywhere.

I am sorry, but if i see an enemy coming, then this enemy is the "elite", the banksters, are the rich and their puppets, the politicians with their tools army and police. Because i observed politics, economy, history, people for the last 25 years.

They tell us to hoard a medicine cabinet, warm blankets, coal, wood, candles, a flashlight, batteries, matches, charged rechargeable batteries, 40 liters of mineral water and cash money.
Sure, people in the cities live in small appartments, often without a cellar. Where should one hoard and burn coal and wood in his appartment? Nobody has an oven for that anymore.
And where is the rest one would need, that list is nothing!
I know there are some preppers and survival freaks on ATS, they know how such a list would look to take it serious.

Ok, there are many scenarious for a case of emergency, but what if the mobile network crashes, all the spyPhone zombies that outsourced their brains to their spying devices are lost. No more Facebook, Twitter, Pokemon and all that. No asking google how a candle is to light or how to open a can of ravioli without electric energy...

In addition of that advice "our" officials plan to do a exercise with the Bundeswehr(german army) and the police in november this year. Because of our history(Weimar Republic and Hitler-Germany) the german Bundeswehr on domestic ground is a very, very sensitive issue and the majority of the people doesn´t want to see that. The only ones who try to act against our constitutional law, since decades, are the hardliners, the falcons, the warmongerers, the big brothers, the police- and surveillance state proponents.

That leads me to the next point.
All that, those emergeny advices now, the Bundeswehr exercise, the demands of the surveillance fetishists( i made a thread about that last wekk or so, but since that it becomes more and more they demand, to steal the peoples liberty), like for example:
Attack on the peoples data protection, telecommunications data retention for e-mail and social media, more human ressources and power to the secret services, electronic tags for NOT convicted people, videosurveillance and biometric scans everywhere in the public space and the militarizing of the police...

I hope i am not the only one who sees whats coming, but if big brother is on a 100m run, he has only 20m left, here in the "free" western hemisphere. All that is not against terrorism, it´s preparing of the rich and their puppets for the revenge of the people.

This scaring with those advices is just another step to make the people feel we would need the Bundeswehr on domestic ground, to be "save" again. It´s not a coincidence that this comes together, the advices and the announcement of the exercise.

And "their", big brothers tool for all that is the, by the western self created and funded and never really fought, muslim terrorism.
This cheap excuse is used for everything that is against the peoples liberty and our constitutional law, since 9/11.

Be prepared, but the next enemy isn´t coming from the outside!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Seems odd to me that any govt would have to require what every
family man should already see as his first responsibility.

1.SECURE PROVISIONS (always and everytime)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Seems odd to me that any govt would have to require what every
family man should already see as his first responsibility.

1.SECURE PROVISIONS (always and everytime)

It´s funny, all those things they listed an average person keeps at home, normally. Not that much water, but this is not Las Vegas and the desert around it... xD
They just want to scare us, so that big brother makes the last 20m of his 100m run since 9/11 even faster than the 80m before.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join