It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Voting Doesn't Work, What Other Methods of Changing the System Would You Propose?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is directed primarily at the Sanders crowd, who just witnessed firsthand the total and complete corruption that exists at every level of the "democratic process". I ask them in particular because many of them are also staunch advocates of public disarmament ("gun control" as it is called by those who would deceive you as to what their true goal really is).

If the political process doesn't work, and you don't have the means to affect change through force, how exactly would you reform the system? Or replace it? Or change it at all? These are not rhetorical questions.

Voting is not an effective means of change. The process is corrupt from top to bottom, left to right. You just witnessed it with your own eyes, and if you achieved your goal (many of you, but not all) of disarmament, leaving guns in the hands only of the agents oath-bound to sustain that corrupt system...

...how would you change it? Remember, no amount of peaceful activism will work, because your future has already been sold to the highest bidder. The democratic process is totally impotent.

And you can't do it by force, because you'd be bringing knives (with blades no longer than 3 inches [or whatever] in Cali) to a gun fight. So what would you do?

In my experience, the primary argument used by disarmament advocates is something to effect of, "We live in a democracy, therefore we don't need to use violence to affect change. We can do it at the ballot box."

Well... that's simply not true. It doesn't work, and you just witnessed it.

So what are your solutions?
edit on 8/21/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The current solution is to pretend Government corruption isn't as bad as it is aswell as excusing it whenever possible.

Don't see how this will work for them in the long run but I'm sure it will be fine....

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingNomadd

The current solution is to pretend Government corruption isn't as bad as it is aswell as excusing it whenever possible.

After spending the last six months (or so) screaming at the tops of their lungs how they were being cheated and disenfranchised by a crooked system.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I was a Bernie Supporter, but the gun aspect of his platform wasn't part of it that I agreed with so can't answer you. I happen to agree with the second amendment specifically for that reason.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't think there is one.

The world is too far gone as I see it - a pessimistic view sure but whatever. We all act like victims of abuse in one way or the other - the only people who don't show these symptoms are politicians and bankers. We all walk around angry and confused; bumping into each other and fumbling around.

The people who 'own' the system have a very rigid agenda, a game plan, set out many MANY years ago, they have a focus and a goal. The elite have their aspiration and they've been working nonstop for decades to achieve it.
We, the people, have nothing. We can't even sit in a sports stadium without brutalizing each other.
We can't have different color skin and talk as equals sometimes.
We can't stop fighting wars for people who push our emotional buttons for profit.
We can't stop taking mind bending drugs because part of the system the elite built was so diabolically evil that we've all kind of shut down. We need the drugs and distractions to stop us from reminding ourselves that we're slaves - and we always have been. Some might be very well paid slaves, but we're still slaves.
You can never get out from under it, and the 'system' will destroy the planet before we do.

Sorry to be pessimistic but where is the hope? This is a world-wide phenomena. They have different methods, but seem to be working the same agenda.

So what would I do to change it? Go into space and never come back. Because Earth wont change, and before it does, it's going to look like a mushroom cloud.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Never underestimate the power of time, even in small doses. To many people kept busy, to many people thinking it is important to be kept busy by mundane things. Thats the best way to steal a world from its inhabitants, just make sure they are looking the other way, Con Artist 101 - Distract the target.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I was a Bernie Supporter, but the gun aspect of his platform wasn't part of it that I agreed with so can't answer you. I happen to agree with the second amendment specifically for that reason.

Well, I applaud you for that. As I alluded to, I know not every Sanders supporter is in favor of disarmament.

But to those who are...

...what do you propose?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If everyone refused to work the government would have no choice but to submit to the people's wishes. Worked for ghandi riding India of the british

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

I like that idea, but what do we do once automation is complete?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Well to be fair to Bernie he wasn't for disarmament either. He had this odd guns are for hunting so only hunting guns should be legal thing going. Which leaves us a little bit better than having a knife. But still not what I think the second amendment is about.

Still there are some pretty beast hunting rifles out there, I wouldn't call us defenseless even if Bernie had his way on that issue.

link   

originally posted by: glend

If everyone refused to work the government would have no choice but to submit to the people's wishes. Worked for ghandi riding India of the british

A general strike?

What good would that do if the state has a total monopoly on force, and there is no political resistance because the entire process has been infiltrated, co-opted, and rendered useless?

They simply put a gun to your head and give you an ultimatum: work or die.

link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We get reduced down to fit the new economy.

Humans are machines to these people. Machine you have to feed and house. Not a 'productive' model.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We get reduced down to fit the new economy.

Humans are machines to these people. Machine you have to feed and house. Not a 'productive' model.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Well there is another way to change government built in to the constitution. Many don't realize the constitution allows for a constitutional comvention. This is where the states get together and actually make and change laws after they vote. Any law they propose that receives two thirds vote becomes law.

This was a way of keeping the states in control of the federal government. If things get to bad may have to dust that off and have the states take back control.
edit on 8/21/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Well to be fair to Bernie he wasn't for disarmament either. He had this odd guns are for hunting so only hunting guns should be legal thing going. Which leaves us a little bit better than having a knife. But still not what I think the second amendment is about.

Still there are some pretty beast hunting rifles out there, I wouldn't call us defenseless even if Bernie had his way on that issue.

Incremental disarmament is still disarmament.

You know full well what the end goal is.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I suggest, complete non cooperation like Gandhi. The elites cannot live without us working, paying taxes etc. If Gandhi could change the policies of the back then mighty British Enpire, proves its possible.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Well there is another way to change government built in to the constitution. Many don't realize the constitution allows for a constitutional comvention. This is where the states get together and actually make and change laws after they vote. Any law they propose that receives two thirds vote becomes law.

This was a way of keeping the states in control of the federal government. If things get to bad may have to dust that off and have the states take back control.

That whole process is completely meaningless when the entire system, through and through, is 100% corrupt. Political governance at the state level is no exception, and in some cases is even dirtier and more crooked.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Yeah well that's why the PTB have different rights taken away by both parties. That way no matter which party wins they make progress.

So we're screwed left or right. The only difference is which form that right loss takes.

That said they've already pushed through most of the stuff they wanted to on the right thanks to everyone being distracted defending their guns. So thanks for that.

Which is why they keep pushing the left so much now, and are killing off the republican party to replace it with the Libertarians so they can change up some of those rights they are destroying.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

I suggest, complete non cooperation like Gandhi. The elites cannot live without us working, paying taxes etc. If Gandhi could change the policies of the back then mighty British Enpire, proves its possible.

Ok. You first.

See the problem?

Are you willing to go to jail? Never see your family again? Vilified as a social pariah?

It doesn't even have to be that bad. Most people would go apes# if their phone stopped working.

No one will do that. Their slavery is far too comfortable.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: dragonridr

That whole process is completely meaningless when the entire system, through and through, is 100% corrupt. Political governance at the state level is no exception, and in some cases is even dirtier and more crooked.

No each state votes to send representatives just to ilimimate just what you fear. Read the constitution the framers were pretty smart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join