It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Voting Doesn't Work, What Other Methods of Changing the System Would You Propose?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Shut it down. Have the truckers park their rigs in DC. Have farmers park their tractors in DC. Get the bikers together and have them ride to DC. Get everyone we can together and have them march on DC. Everybody claim 100 dependents on your paycheck so Uncle Sam gets no funds. Everybody take vacation at the same time for a week.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Apply fire liberally throughout the infected area.

Honestly, you'd never get anything that would work to be done, as has been stated already - life is too comfortable, even when it's not.
edit on 8/21/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You have that now.

One thing by itself is not going to get rid of special interest nor completely wipe it away. However combined , it can minimize external special interest influences unlike today where it's all special interest.

We also have the technology today where we don't need advertising or MSM to lead the narrative in our elections, debates, and issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I suppose on some issues a range of options could be proposed with a Borda vote count system employed instead of the current yes/no system we have today.

For those who are unfamiliar, a Borda count invites participants to rank all the options presented with their favorite getting the highest number through to their least favorite getting the lowest. Then the vote is tallied by adding the results. The winner is the result with the highest tally, not necessarily the one with the most highest number votes.

It is designed to select the least objectionable result, not necessarily the most popular.

I wouldn't necessarily use it for everything, but I would use it for some of the ballot initiatives you see on your local tickets that are about tax or bond initiatives and the like, things where realistically there could be a range of options and compromises on an issue and general consensus would be the best route.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: asen_y2k

I suggest, complete non cooperation like Gandhi. The elites cannot live without us working, paying taxes etc. If Gandhi could change the policies of the back then mighty British Enpire, proves its possible.

Ok. You first.

See the problem?

Are you willing to go to jail? Never see your family again? Vilified as a social pariah?

It doesn't even have to be that bad. Most people would go apes# if their phone stopped working.

No one will do that. Their slavery is far too comfortable.

True, I would not do that, i agree, its just a vision. And even if I do that, I would be thinking, would the others follow my example, or would I be left alone to dry.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You have that now.

One thing by itself is not going to get rid of special interest nor completely wipe it away. However combined , it can minimize external special interest influences unlike today where it's all special interest.

We also have the technology today where we don't need advertising or MSM to lead the narrative in our elections, debates, and issues.

Oh, but now you are proposing getting the press out of the election?

How do you do that? You can't without rewriting the first Amendment and freedom of the press.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You're working under the assumption that most of those who advocate for disarmament of the American people want freedom.

Those that advocate for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment are those that are working for a dictatorship. They don't want freedom. They are actively working towards and for a bigger more controlling government.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No, the so called press can still do what they want. the difference is that the people don't have to solely rely on the press to lead the narrative and decide who and what is important for the general public.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Well to be fair to Bernie he wasn't for disarmament either. He had this odd guns are for hunting so only hunting guns should be legal thing going. Which leaves us a little bit better than having a knife. But still not what I think the second amendment is about.

Still there are some pretty beast hunting rifles out there, I wouldn't call us defenseless even if Bernie had his way on that issue.
bernie is also pro handgun self defense. he is anti assault weapons military type guns etc.also 100%background checks on ALL gun purchaces

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I had an idea a few years back that I think might work. You would need to coordinate several million people and it would take a few years, but I think it would make a difference.

Target the largest bank and divest. If you have an account with them, close it. If you have one of their credit cards, cut it up. If you have a mortgage with them, switch it over to a smaller local bank. If you have investments or stock associated with that bank, sell. If you have the option of refusing checks drawn on that bank, do it. Try to draw others in and get them to do the same.

Once that bank goes down, target the next largest bank and repeat.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I had an idea a few years back that I think might work. You would need to coordinate several million people and it would take a few years, but I think it would make a difference.

Target the largest bank and divest. If you have an account with them, close it. If you have one of their credit cards, cut it up. If you have a mortgage with them, switch it over to a smaller local bank. If you have investments or stock associated with that bank, sell. If you have the option of refusing checks drawn on that bank, do it. Try to draw others in and get them to do the same.

Once that bank goes down, target the next largest bank and repeat.

Ever had a mortgage?

Mine was moved seven times in the first year. You don't really get to choose who your master is.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Back on topic...

Mass protests and riots are the only other option- and we all know that would only lead to more power from the goobers to fight the now disarmed people.

The people fighting for disarmament, from what I've seen, aren't interested in freedom. They just don't care for it- they *want* to live in an apartment building, where they call the landlord every time they have some minor problem. They *want* to do some # job so they can watch movies and go out to eat a few times a month, then go on unemployment for a while when they get tired of working.
This is their chosen lifestyle, and they want to make sure it isn't going anywhere. Willing slaves- and they seem to know that it's wrong, but don't care. They can sense it's falling apart, and have chosen their side.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
1. Have people register to a party. Largest 100 parties get a seat. Top parties get a couple more votes.

2. In the house have some of the seats chosen by sheer randomness. As in a citizen is drawn out of a lottery. Have these random citizens run against each other in an election to eliminate most bad eggs.

3. Have government officials sign military style oaths. By being a servant to the people they lose various rights especially those of privacy.

4. Have the presidential race be a mandated three way race. Vote for the candidate you do not want to president. Least votes is the winner.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
1. Eliminate political parties EVERY Congressmen and Senator is an independent.
2. Take all the money out of the system. No lobbyists, no corporate donors, no unions donations, no "Big Donors" (ie; Soros and Koch Bros.) no special interest group money (ACLU, NRA etc.) Small individual donations period. Set a cap on how much a campaign can raise.
3. Elections last two months.
4. Term limited to two terms.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
refuse to participate in the corrupt system,contribute nothing to it, this seems to be pretty effective:

The Cloward-Piven Strategy
First proposed in 1966 and named after Columbia University sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven, the Cloward-Piven Strategy seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ban all currencies and monetary systems that support the wicked.
Their system of exchange is their only love. And that love is the
root of all evil. We don't need them, their money or their system.
When everything is free, we will know true freedom.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join