It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
By the way Stallionduck, keep your chin up and keep helping each like I know you are. Closest I've been to in your situation was a severe Ice Storm, in New York. We all helped each other on my street, even the shut ins. But ultimately it was nothing compared to what you've got going right now.

Somehow I keep missing all the disasters. Everyone has been through Hurricanes and stuff just after I moved from wherever they are. It's like major national disasters avoid me and wait til I'm gone.

I remember being in the middle of a lot of those hurricanes when I was younger but over the last years I've been pretty lucky. For Katrina and Rita, I lived right in the middle between the two so when they came in, they went to either side of me. I've been fortunate. Though the city I was in at the time did flood, it just didn't flood at my doorstep. Oddly enough, I always enjoyed the whole hurricane party thing, just didn't like the aftermath that everyone around had to go through. I love me a good thunderstorm! I just don't like being without electricity

Thanks for the kind words. Currently I'm at work and away from the floods and not much I can do here, at least until I get back home. I just know my home is safe and I'm thankful for that. I just feel bad for those less fortunate.

Though, I'll say again, I'm good. Direct all of your focus on those guys. I can only be a cheerleader for my people and what I'm getting sent every day through facebook and text messages about what's going on back there. I would share the pictures but this IS ATS and I kinda like to keep any spotlights from myself and my family. I don't think they'd like that kind of attention. Sides, I don't like grandstanding and in a way I kinda feel like I would be perceived at such should I include photos of them, my home, my family or my friends.

I do agree with you... Ice can be just as catastrophic as water any day. You guys are built for it like we're built for floods (unless it's like this) and when it comes at you full force, it doesn't matter how much you prepare, it's going to hurt regardless.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yeah, some. It's still an action based on an agenda.

a reply to: DBCowboy
So worried about winners. Oh, well.

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
Wasted post cause I pitch in whenever I can.

Still calling a spade a spade. Was Trump there after Katrina? But now he cares and it's for real?

edit on 20-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

He brought in a FULL 18 wheeler full of supplies (that's more than you probably are imagining or realize) as well as brought national attention to the area. Forcing Obama and Hillary to reluctantly take note. In doing so others who may not have been aware of the severity of the situation are now helping. He also by being there with them, showed that at least someone of import gave a damn about them personally which is great for morale.

here's how the governor felt about politicians coming down...
reverbpress.com...

about half-way down is a direct quote from the governor
of course this is in his own words, so you won't listen to him, because he is not a right-winger.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I believe in the power of positive reinforcement. Nothing bad can come from showing politicians that doing good things get our support.

A whole crap load of bad can come from showing that doing good things is punished and treated with scorn.

I don't care if he did it for selfish reasons. I'd rather promote enlightened self interest over the other kind any day of the week.

I don't care if he goes around the world helping people purely to have a big head and ego and people screaming his praises. We can only hope he learns from this how helping people gets him more than not helping people.

I say reinforce the good and discourage the bad. This was good nothing is gained by putting it down. Let's focus on the actually bad # politicians do that actually hurt people and concentrate on that.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

He probably doesn't care how you take it. If he gets into office he is going to do what he has planned and is allowed to get away with.

Politicians are not pets whose behavior can be molded with your positive or negative reinforcements.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Once again I put the people actually there and suffering's opinions above his. I've made that plain and clear. It has nothing to do with right or left. I let the people speak.

I've voted left all my life. I'm not right wing.

The people on the ground, living it is where the truth of the matter actually is. Politicians have their own motivations separate from the people, even Trump. So I don't care what the Governor says. I don't know who's pocket he's in. I care what the people say.

I'm not a politician, I'm one of the people, so it's the other people who're there I give my attention to and listen to.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

If more and more people call out the good that politicians do as good, while punishing the bad that they do. It may take a long time to show an effect but there is one.

It forces them to alter their strategies to success.

Imagine if instead of comparing politicians by how much bad they do, we started comparing them by who did the most good? They'd have to start competing for positive attention instead.

Positive reinforcement works.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So where is the thread about the Cajun Navy, who are probably doing tons more good than any politician?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Not when all it takes is a truck load of goods and a couple minutes for a photo-op then it's back to business as usual.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Good question, I didn't even know about them til you just spoke up. Please create such a thread and educate me and others who know nothing of them, so that we can pass the message.

I'm guessing the reason I don't know about them is our media is in a sick state of being where the worst of our world is pushed while the positive is not.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Funny, it was mentioned in this post in this very thread but I guess you were too busy defending Trump to notice.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm not talking about just Trump just now. I'm talking about any time any politician does something good, like Trump, right now. I'm talking bigger picture here.

IF we start electing politicians by comparing their good deeds rather than their bad ones, they'll be forced to compete by doing more good than each other to succeed.

Over time this competition will grow, and as a result doing the right choice to succeed will become habit. Habits are hard to drop. So eventually the politicians elected will start having a habit of doing the proper action, making improper less common.

Not to mention that by making this standard, well reputations build up over a life time, that's a lot of good deeds they'd need to accumulate to win.

Main point there's nothing good to be gained from setting the precedent that good actions deserve to be punished.

Would it be better that no one did anything good? No, so stop whining about why it was done, and set the proper precedent.

We want good things.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Not in very much detail, I had no idea what was being refereed to. Is not like I look up every odd thing that gets a passing reference I ever read. Do you?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I try to take a good look at threads I'm posting in.

Nobody is whining why it was done. People are pointing out that it is an empty gesture. Nothing wrong with pointing out the truth. This isn't punishment. No need for this kind of drama.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No it is punishment. It's telling politicians their good actions are not appreciated. If they aren't there's no reason for them to do them.

Remember these are self centered, selfish people. They don't do things for nothing. Not a one of them. Even if it's a thank you and a nod.

So keeping that in mind, when they do things that actually help people why would you not want to give them what they want from it? A little appreciation goes a long way. It's positive reinforcement. Don't give them anything and they stop doing it.

Once again, we want good things. So promote the good things.

I swear sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No it is punishment.

Yeah, Trump must be howling in pain right now.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ok we're done. If we go much further I'm going to end getting in trouble. I'm running out of patience.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Ok we're done. If we go much further I'm going to end getting in trouble. I'm running out of patience.

OK, if you decide to come back, Trump will still not have been hurt by any words posted in this thread so, there is no point in coming back trying to argue how posting them is punishment.

Sorry if I believe the whole positive/negative reinforcement tactic is a bit simple to be used on old d̶o̶g̶s̶ politicians.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You have tunnel vision, most do, it's why we're where we are today. Even I have it on some things. It's a common trait. I'll leave it at that. As there's no arguing you to be able to think past the involvement of the name TRUMP on this issue and see it's about more than him.

The reason I'm losing patience is because we're just talking past each other. There's no real communication here because you're too focused on Trump.
edit on 8/20/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Snarl

That's funny. Here's your guy:

Trump: 'I always felt that I was in the military'

According to an upcoming biography and interview excerpts shared with The New York Times, Trump said that his five years at the New York Military Academy provided him with "more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military."

“My number was so incredible and it was a very high draft number. Anyway so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,” Trump told the author in another excerpt.

I'm sure there's probably some story of his somewhere about a time when he was stuck in an elevator and it was just like John McCain being a POW from '67-'73. Of course I'm sure he would have promptly got out of that elevator, because you know, he's a winner.

Hillary tried to get the USMC to make her an honorary Marine in the early 90's. They told her straight up no. They don't do that stuff. No such thing as a fake Marine. This was in the Marine Corps Times. I remember it well because I was in the USMC when it happened. She tried to cheapen the title of Marine for her own personal gain.

She said she tried to join the marines but they told her she was too old.

Hillary Clinton’s claim that she tried to join the Marines

“He looks at me and goes, ‘Um, how old are you. And I said, ‘Well I am 26, I will be 27.’ And he goes, ‘Well, that is kind of old for us.’ And then he says to me, and this is what gets me, ‘Maybe the dogs will take you,’ meaning the Army.” –Former secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton, speaking at a breakfast, Manchester, N.H., Nov. 10, 2015 One Clinton story that has often been greeted with skepticism is her claim, first made in 1994, that she once tried to join the Marines in 1975. On the campaign trail, she brought up the story again. (Go to the 1:35 mark.) Can this story be confirmed?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Clinton has told the story in public only on several occasions, the first in 1994 when she was first lady. But as The Daily Caller documented last week, the tale doesn’t add up. And fact-checker Kessler — who the Clinton campaign often touts when he dings Republicans — seems to agree. “But the circumstances are in question,” Kessler writes. “She pitches it as a matter of public service, but her friends suggest it was something different. So at this point Clinton’s story is worthy of Two Pinocchios, subject to change if more information becomes available.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Maybe that's why she fantasizes about being shot at.

Hillary has a pretty big opinion of herself is she thinks everyone is gonna drop what they are doing to come adore her.

Trump did a good thing by going to LA.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join