It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Considering the circumstances, you're absolutely right...

If Louisiana natives know one thing it this... If you turn your back on us when we need you, we won't bother with you when you need us. Sure, we're forgiving and this isn't true when someone is genuinely in need of help because we ARE a giving people. I say this as not only a native but a 100% natural born Cajun from the deepest parts of Cajun country.

Visting Louisiana would be a distraction

Hillary says that she would be a distraction and that's not what we need. Sure, those people don't need a distraction from all the pain and suffering from loosing everything. They don't need to be distracted from the thoughts of loosing their homes. They don't need to be distracted from the thoughts of not knowing where they're going to go. They don't need to be distracted from not knowing if they're going to be able to eat after all of this is done. They don't need to be distracted from knowing that everything they've worked their hard life for is gone and washed away.

Naw... Not at all.

The people in Louisiana are strong. They support one another. They can always fall back into friendly arms. What would help is a little moral. A little pick me up. A little assurance that everything is going to be alright. Do you simply walk away form someone who has hardships? Do you ignore them? "Oh I'm sorry you're dealing with all of your troubles but you don't need me here to distract you. Just wallow in your pain all by your lonesome".

What an ass!

I hate, hate HATE to endorse any politician, especially in a situation that stems from the loss of people, some family, some friends and all other Louisiana natives I don't know at all who are affected by this... but

Trump seems to be the only one who cares and who showed up today in Baton Rouge to help distribute supplies. He tossed money in the plate to help the people of Louisiana. When Obama didn't show up from his vacation, Trump did. Sure, the Democrat Governor said that it was more of a problem for police to escourt the prez around than keep the people safe, which I imagine was only trying to vouch for his own side. I don't buy it. These people need a leader. They need support. They need moral. They don't need silence or "Rather not be there to distract you from your problems". So the people there are going to rally behind someone who actually cared enough to go and SEE them. To SEE the damage. To SEE the problems they're facing, just like Bush did at ground zero.

Was this a political move on Trump's part? Who cares. All the people there see is, He Showed Up! He at least pretended to care. He gave money to help. He offloaded supplies. I don't know how long he stayed for but even if it was for 5 &^%&*^% minutes, he showed up.

Now those people are Trump's people! Not Hillary. Not Obama. Trump's!

Man... I'm so mad about this. I'm seeing mushroom clouds over this BS of affairs. These are my people and they're being treated like lowly animals. Who's helping them? The Cajun Navy. Regular old people who are grabbing their boats and skipping work and doing this for their fellow man. What pisses me off even more is that lame arsed pansy governor is acting like HE (equates Louisiana with himself) doesn't need Trump.

The Times-Picayune Greater New Orleans

The officials are the highest-ranking Republicans in the state. Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, says he won't be involved in Trump's visit.

The governor spokesman says Trump was welcome but not for a "photo-op."

Trump is expected to get a look at some of the neighborhoods devastated by flooding.

The trip represents yet another departure for the GOP candidate, whose campaign so far has consisted largely of mass rallies and television phone-ins. It comes a day after he made a rare expression of remorse for making comments that "may have caused personal pain."

I'm quite sure Trump will get all of the photo-ops he ever wanted.

Oh but... That same governor is all about Trump's money...

"We welcome him to LA, but not for a photo-op," said his spokesman Richard Carbo in a statement. "Instead we hope he'll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm. "

Sizable, huh?

Apparently there are people in Louisiana who believe in Trump..

Flood Victims Cheer Trump in Louisiana: “We Knew You’d Be Here!” (VIDEO)

Seems like a standup guy to me. I wasn't going to vote at all this year but reading this... I just might.

Trump and Pence were also seen helping unpack a truck with supplies. The two have visited homes and a church damaged by the flooding. Trump told one man who had a damaged home, “you’re going to rebuild. It’s going to be so beautiful.”

Good job Trump. Louisiana is proud to have you.
edit on 19-8-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Look for Hillary and her pillows to make an appearance soon.

She has been mimicking everything the Donald does lately.

Otherwise, I am sure her words of comfort from 1500 miles away will distract you from maybe asking for a little help from the CLINTON FOUNDATION.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
While we are at it, let's look at Obama's failure in this regard too.

I'll look for Hillary's position on Bush's flyover next. I'm sure it's out there.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

They don't need to be distracted from knowing that everything they've worked their hard life for is gone and washed away.

And or covered in BP oil. Big mess down there, yah.

Hillary says that she would be a distraction and that's not what we need.

She really said that. Figures...

'We' don't need to be distracted from the endless war on terror.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I got a nickel says if there is a flyover, she won't be on the plane.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And here it is:

“And if you’re stuck on a rooftop or stranded in the Superdome during a hurricane, you’re invisible to this president even when you’re on CNN,”

Link.

This stuff almost writes itself.

Audio link is in the article above.
edit on 19-8-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I love the "yah" you threw in there. You'd fit right in!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Obama golfing...Hillary resting up...Trump is There!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yah, huh. Trump is down there putting on a show, at least.

Hillary won't even do a Bush style flyby. Maybe she'll send a double.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, huh. Trump is down there putting on a show, at least.

Hillary won't even do a Bush style flyby. Maybe she'll send a double.

Hillary did a Tweetby.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Seems like with all the $$$s in the Clinton Foundation, they could find a few million to toss to their neighbors in LA.
If I were running her campaign she'd be there handing out checks from the Foundation personally. Wonder what happened to "Never let a crisis go to waste"? Perhaps they don't see this as a crisis? Just a bunch of swamp bunnies being temporarily displaced?
One of our local churches sent a semi-trailer full of supplies your way yesterday.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Seems like with all the $$$s in the Clinton Foundation, they could find a few million to toss to their neighbors in LA.
If I were running her campaign she'd be there handing out checks from the Foundation personally. Wonder what happened to "Never let a crisis go to waste"? Perhaps they don't see this as a crisis? Just a bunch of swamp bunnies being temporarily displaced?
One of our local churches sent a semi-trailer full of supplies your way yesterday.

What do you expect from her? Louisiana didn't buy one of her or Bill's incredible $500K speaking engagements.
NEXT TIME they'll know better.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You guys really think trump cares about people in Louisiana, that's priceless.

But i know Hillary kills people for breakfast. And Obama eats dogs.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yet more proof that Hillary's words are BS and her actions say it all. Can't be bothered with the problems of the peasants she TALKS so much about caring for.

Say what you want but I believe Trump actually cares.

Hope you and yours are safe StalionDuck!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

You missed the whole point of my post. Actually read what I said about that specifically!

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nice deflection from the fact neither of those useless bags of sh*t showed up. They really DO care about the people in LA though right? One sends a tweet and the other is golfing, good show from "your" people there. In the future at least try not to go full asshat.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Yet more proof that Hillary's words are BS and her actions say it all. Can't be bothered with the problems of the peasants she TALKS so much about caring for.

Say what you want but I believe Trump actually cares.

Hope you and yours are safe StalionDuck!

Thank you dearly! I'm on high ground and safe. Though, many of my family have suffered 6" and more water in their homes. I have friends that can't even get to their homes right now. It's really horrible and sad. They're safe and sound but I see the pain on their faces and it's irritating when I read the news and see BS like that cutting deep.

Thanks again for the warm thoughts. Keep those people in your thoughts, though. They're the ones who need the best wishes.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I go with, what are the cops doing now. If they are looking for missing people, taking them off that, so they can protect a politician who is going to walk around and say, "sorry for your loss" when they are thinking, "wow, did this area get F'ed up" If the people are more cleaning up and the cops can be spared, then a politician is a good thing

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Nice deflection from the fact neither of those useless bags of sh*t showed up. They really DO care about the people in LA though right? One sends a tweet and the other is golfing, good show from "your" people there. In the future at least try not to go full asshat.

What deflection, trump couldent care less just like the other 2, oh and no i wont stop posting what i want, free speech and all.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have no idea who has donated to The floods in Louisiana. It is very true that it has already been called a 'photo op' for Trump, so that is story #1 added to the news cycle. If Clinton and Obama went, that would be story #2 and #3 saying 'photo op' and distracting.

The Blaze

“The president is welcome to visit whenever he wants to visit,” (La Gov. John Bel) Edwards said, adding that he encouraged the president to wait to visit the state in order to avoid the additional strain on law enforcement a presidential visit could cause.

politico

"Donald Trump hasn’t called the governor to inform him of his visit," a spokesman for Edwards' office said in a statement Thursday evening. "We welcome him to LA but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of the storm."

Edwards, a Democrat, also said Thursday night that he would prefer that President Barack Obama wait at least a week to visit.

edit on 19-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join