It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Onboard hazmat. It was probably more about keeping clear of busy traffic areas than avoiding the city itself.
edit on 11/20/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Not to boast or anything but to get one up on the professional photographers, RIATs social media pages (fbook twitter Instagram) ran a mini competition for followers to post their pics of an A400 taken at their shows. Out of the free social media sites they chose three winners ... and I won! I've posted it before but here it is again

Sorry I live a lonely life

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
"Sensitive cargo/shipment" is usually a weapon system/vehicle. It's handled similarly to classified shipments or Hazmat because it carries similar risk to public safety and needs heightened security. It can contain hazmat itself, but isn't necessarily. If you ship an armoured car, it's sensitive, but isn't considered hazmat. If you ship missile rounds, it's both.

Also, great pic! And congrats

edit on 23-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Because the cockneys can’t be trusted. Even the Mancs are preferable.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

This is what happens when you park your plane in the wrong neighborhood.

edit on 11/23/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
"Sensitive cargo/shipment" is usually a weapon system/vehicle. It's handled similarly to classified shipments or Hazmat because it carries similar risk to public safety and needs heightened security. It can contain hazmat itself, but isn't necessarily. If you ship an armoured car, it's sensitive, but isn't considered hazmat. If you ship missile rounds, it's both.

Also, great pic! And congrats

Any sort of weapon or military vehicle I would of thought would be flown in a military transport. Seems odd that a 747 would be used. It just makes me wonder what would be carried that could be that hazardous that it would avoid London airspace. I wouldn't of thought it would make that much of a detour just to avoid air traffic.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

Because the cockneys can’t be trusted. Even the Mancs are preferable.

You know you're in trouble if you start preferring Mancs, then again I live on the edge of London and avoid that place at all costs

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

They use commercial cargo for most military cargo. They used An-24s to move helicopters and vehicles to and from Afghanistan for years. It frees up military airlift for more vital missions. The 747 that crashed at Bagram was transporting MRAPs.
edit on 11/23/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Could be a vehicle. Could be unassembled components for a vehicle or radar or armour kits traveling to another contractor, etc Lots and lots of stuff flies commercial cargo. There aren't enough military transports to go around.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Concorde G-BBDG at Brooklands in Surrey.This is a development aircraft that came after prototype and pre-production but before production started.

G-VTOL,one of only two civilian registered Harriers ever made,and the only one of those two left.

edit on 24-11-2018 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not the best of photos as they were taken from my iPhone but was sat in my car at my work waiting to start work and these bad boys flew over. A little bit of me wished the gunners accidently hit the trigger and sent a few 30mm shells into my work. Not really an usual sight near me but it's always cool to see them fly over

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I had 4 fly over my house the other day and then returned about an hour later

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

I had 4 fly over my house the other day and then returned about an hour later

Yeah we get them enough here in south Essex, enough to not be surprised at seeing them any more. I'm led to believe they fly down from the Ipswich area. I'm not sure where they go after they fly over me I was going to look on ADSB exchange to see where they went but I had to start work. They sound good too second best to a chinook though. I swear they were lower than the pic shows
edit on 30-11-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Outlaws are airborne. WSINT-18B JFEX.

edit on 12/8/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

www.israeldefense.co.il...

Anyone know this missile? Popeye variant?

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Been away for a while, holidays and a new job in all, but had some time to swing by Boeing field in hopes of catching SOFIA that was supposed to make a Seattle visit this week. Unfortunately SOFIA's scheduling got changed that cancelled the Seattle visit but did get some close up shots of the P-8's and KC's that are lined up there and some good close shots of the KC's butt.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Man, I can't believe you shot their butt like that.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Nice pics mate good to see you back always enjoy your Boeing pics you manage to get. Do security ever come out and question you at all and ask to see what photos you've taken?
edit on 5-1-2019 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Thanks. 😀

Security has never hassled me here. The jets are lined up within 100 yards of the flight museum so they are used to a lot of people snapping pics.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Man, I can't believe you shot their butt like that.

Good shots though!

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join