It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

96 Percent Of Hillary’s Charitable Donations In 2015 Went To Clinton Foundation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

With the 4% the charity paid out with income like that I wonder where the rest went? Ohh yeah off shore or something like that, fancy tax shelter is all that foundation is.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A cool tax trick used by the Clintons for their 2015 taxes.

They released their tax return for 2015 and claimed $1,042,000 in charity deductions.

Wholesome and heartwarming right?

Well it looks like all of it went to the Clinton Foundation "charity" !!!

The article says 96%, and that is true because $1 million went directly to their own charity.

The other $42,000 went to a charity named Desert Classic Charities.

And the story shows that Desert Classic Charities itself donated $700,000 to the Clinton Foundation in 2015 !!!!

Talk about money funneling eh.

96 Percent Of Hillary’s Charitable Donations In 2015 Went To Clinton Foundation

Hillary Clinton and her husband Bill deducted $1,042,000 in charitable contributions last year — $1 million of which went to their own family non-profit, the Clinton Foundation.

Of that, they gave just over a million to charity. But the contributions can hardly be seen as altruistic, since the money flowed back to an entity they control.

The other $42,000 contribution was to Desert Classic Charities. That group hosts an annual PGA golf event. Doug Band, a Clinton Foundation adviser and Bill Clinton’s longtime assistant, was on the board of directors of that organization through 2014, according to its IRS filings.

Desert Classic Charities effectively returned that donation back into the Clinton orbit. Its 2015 tax filing shows that it contributed $700,000 to the Clinton Foundation for work on obesity programs. The group handed out $1.6 million in grants that whole year.

..and, what, didn't only 10% of THAT go to an actual charity...with 90% of that going BACK into the Clinton's coffers?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So I was curious and pulled up the Clinton Family Foundation's 990's on Guidestar.org, and honestly I don't see anything real shady going on, at least according to their filed tax documents. It looks like they are really the only major contributors, and it lists all the recipients of the foundation's charitable disbursements.

I'm no tax expert, and I'm certainly no fan of the Clinton's, but I really see no reason to be concerned that most of their charitable contributions went to their own foundation. Of course they could be lying on their taxes, but that almost never happens.

See for yourself. Creating an account on guidestar is free, and then you can download the last 3 years of any charitable organization's 990.

www.guidestar.org...
edit on 12-8-2016 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

Do you really think they woukd be up front and honest about their scheming?

They have a whole team of the best accountants and lawyers to launder their slush fund.

That is why at least three FBI offices have demanded a full investigation into the corrupt Clinton Foundation.

That os why Obama and Lynch are refusing to follow the FBI request for investigation - so the truth can remain hidden.
edit on 12-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
how many truly believe here this type of corruption is only with the Clintons? how many charity orgs funnel money, how many on the left or right politicians have money funneling practices. possibly 90% of the top seats on both sides.

but $hill somehow manages to get the press to under report shady deals like these... or she puts a hit on them.

but the $hill camp knew her tax returns would be under a microscope. right? so trust me, they already have their stories carefully prepared for any inquisition by the press (except cnn, they would never query Hill...)
edit on 12-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So...out of over $1M in charitable donations...about $1.47 ended up going to starving orphans in Haiti.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Sure I get that. But what surprised me is that the Clinton's are the ONLY ones listed as contributors. That makes it pretty damn easy to track where funds, whether legitimate or illegitimate, are coming from and going to. It's pretty hard to hide secret funds coming in to an organization with just one, single, legitimate donor.

I did notice, however, that the largest disbursement from their fund was to the William J. Clinton Foundation, in the amount of 1.865 million. That seems, uh, interesting...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

With the 4% the charity paid out with income like that I wonder where the rest went? Ohh yeah off shore or something like that, fancy tax shelter is all that foundation is.

Funny you mention "offshore"....

Exposing The Clinton Global Financial Network

Revelations in the Panama Papers that key Clinton financial partners had numerous offshore entities is the latest investigation to expose the secretive Clinton Global Financial Network.

That network, which includes controversial financiers and foreign entities, has operated with the infusion of funds from offshore accounts and entities around the world. And there are more revelations to come.

As the Panama Papers reveal, major Clinton financial partners, including Canadian mining magnate Frank Giustra and the Chagoury family of Nigeria, made use of the controversial Panamian law firm Mossack Fonseca to move assets around the world. Giustra is one of the largest contributors to the Clinton Foundation, donating more than $25 million. The Chagoury’s of Nigeria have committed $1 billion to the Clinton Global Initiative

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

the earthquake was like 5 years ago. I don't think that would show up on 2015 returns.
unless I'm confused about what you mean by that

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Except that Trump hasn't been in politics till now! Being from NY I can tell you all sorts of interesting things keep happening with politician founded non-profits. Nothing illegal till it get investigated I guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

Except that Trump hasn't been in politics till now! Being from NY I can tell you all sorts of interesting things keep happening with politician founded non-profits. Nothing illegal till it get investigated I guess.

I'm unsure of your point.

It doesn't matter what one does for a living. Donating money to your own charity is not against the law.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
people seem to be focusing on the legality here, the vast majority of the proceeds from the clinton foundation does not go to actual 'charity' (under 15% does). The vast majority goes to salaries (themselves) travel and administration (again, themselves). Which essentially the clinton fund in itself is a nice little tax trick to avoid them. essentially they pay themselves from their profits this year through their own charity to get the tax advantage of that much donation this year. It's circular and a really strange thing for someone to do that is not obsessed with money, but then again we are talking about people who charge more for a thirty minute speech than the people in the audience make in a year (usually many years).

So, in recap. YES it is legal. No, it is not ethical.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hey folks - just to be clear, there are TWO different Clinton Foundations we're talking about here. The Clinton Family Foundation is different from the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton Family Foundation has only a few million per year in contributions, and only one donor, the Clintons. The Clinton Foundation is a totally different organization and has hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions. I was confused by this until I found both organizations on guidestar.org, perhaps some of you were too.

Feel free to dig through the 990's for both as you please...

Clinton Family Foundation tax docs
Clinton Foundation tax docs

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Not really desperate, can you say Haiti? Sure, knew ya could lol. It's a new show called Mrs. Clinton's Neighbourhood, where all the children can find out about money laundering, arms deals, extortion and blackmail, offing your problems and how to become a world renowned psychopath while walking on the dead and dying bodies of your victims.

In today's lesson, we might learn about how to use a goverment position for personal gain as well as tax sheltering our I'll begotten monies and bribes in our tax haven, called a foundation. Next week, we'll look at Fonsenca and ibc's ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/12.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

It is true that the CF does not give out much of it's funds to charity. The CF is an operational foundation. That means they carry out much of the work themselves all across the globe. The expenses for salaries, travel and operational costs also include the costs incurred while carrying out their efforts. Those costs and salaries are not just for CF administration.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

She must have given herself a nice deduction.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

You may be enlightened by reading Clinton Cash. It really is worth the cost of the book.
Actually 4% is 3% more than I would have thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: hangedman13

I'm unsure of your point.

It doesn't matter what one does for a living. Donating money to your own charity is not against the law.

Does the law not stipulate "At arms length" because as far as every other country, donating to your own charity is donating to yourself and subject to taxation. That bat faced spawn of Satan, Chelsea, allegedly running the piggy bank, er I mean charity, is not at arms length.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/12.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I don't believe that is a stipulation for Us charities. Only Canada and the UK, I believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Ah very true messir. But, an actual charitable organization (not just one in name) typically spend 75-90% on CHARITY and the rest on administration (which is why most rely on volunteers), not the other way around as is the case for the Clintons.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join