It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOPs Trump dilemma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

the rhetoric of far right types longing for a racially pure amurica will be the way forward. this isnt 1933 germany where the SA forced your vote, people freely elected trump and ultimately the new direction of the republican party.

You got it. Trump has become their voice. Their Führer (leader). Which is why, even if he loses, he makes it harder for America to deal with its White Nationalists, now that he has legitimized them.

And this gives Trump and family a group to work with nationally and internationally in perhaps a new venture.

how could trump supporters vote for a republican in the future not running these policies?
simple answer they can't

Yes, the GOP dilemma. It will affect every GOP election down ballot. Trump sprayed the GOP with his stench, just like a skunk sprays its victims. Of course, the GOP is the one that took in these polecats. Rather than descent them, they thought they could use them to attack their opponents, but they instead got the full spray.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
lol Trump is asking the GOP to violate a state law. Pennsylvania

Now Donald Trump may be violating the consent decree against the GOP by asking his supporters to become a “Trump Election Observer” to “Stop Crooked Hillary From Rigging This Election.”

Trump unveiled the page on his website the same day he campaigned in Pennsylvania, where he claimed, “The only way we can lose, in my opinion—and I really mean this, Pennsylvania—is if cheating goes on…. And we have to call up law enforcement. And we have to have the sheriffs and the police chiefs and everybody watching…. The only way they can beat it in my opinion—and I mean this 100 percent—if in certain sections of the state they cheat, OK? So I hope you people can sort of not just vote on the 8th, go around and look and watch other polling places and make sure that it’s 100 percent fine, because without voter identification—which is shocking, shocking that you don’t have it.”

Let’s leave aside the fact there’s no widespread voter fraud in Pennsylvania or elsewhere and that Trump is losing Pennsylvania by nine points in the Real Clear Politics average. His election observer program mirrors the type of voter intimidation the courts have blocked the RNC from doing. And his call for law-enforcement officers to monitor the polls expressly violates Pennsylvania law. “No police officer in commission, whether in uniform or in citizen’s clothes, shall be within one hundred feet of a polling place during the conduct of any primary or election, unless in the exercise of his privilege of voting, or for the purpose of serving warrants, or unless called upon to preserve the peace,” according to Pennsylvania Title 25, Section 3047. “In no event may any police officer unlawfully use or practice any intimidation, threats, force or violence nor, in any manner, unduly influence or overawe any elector or prevent him from voting or restrain his freedom of choice.”

source

Yep, the GOP's Der Fuhrer speaks.

The background on this goes back to 1981

In 1981, during a New Jersey gubernatorial election, the Republican National Committee launched a “Ballot Security Task Force” that sent sample ballots to voters in predominantly African-American and Hispanic precincts. When 45,000 letters were returned as undeliverable, the RNC tried to remove the voters from the rolls and hired off-duty cops to patrol polling sites in black and Hispanic neighborhoods of Newark and Trenton. Police carried firearms at polling places and wore armbands reading “National Ballot Security Task Force,” while the RNC posted large signs saying, this area is being patrolled by the national ballot security task force. it is a crime to falsify a ballot or to violate election laws.

After the election, the Democratic National Committee won a court settlement ordering the RNC to “refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities.”

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Based on what the GOP party has been saying it seems they have already embraced the reality that Trump will lose the election. They are just trying to figure out ways to not be dragged down by him.

It looks more and more like Trump has been a plant all along to destroy the GOP from the inside.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Based on what the GOP party has been saying it seems they have already embraced the reality that Trump will lose the election. They are just trying to figure out ways to not be dragged down by him.

They're in an awkward situation.

It looks more and more like Trump has been a plant all along to destroy the GOP from the inside.

I don't think so. Their seeds of discord started with the Tea Party, which has been moving the GOP to a more conservative stance... and with some independents who are taking it in an even more conservative direction than the Tea Party.

Game Theory (no kidding) predicts this kind of thing. You can actually expect to see this get even more extreme since (as someone has pointed out) the KKK has been legitimized by their acceptance of Trump and by his stating things that they believe in (a synchronicity. Even I would find it hard to believe that he's a Klansman.) The centrists are left out in the cold, wondering what happened.

Trump's win was legit (IMHO) but the rather predictable result of turning to more conservative policies than the Reagan years. Eventually it will collapse and become centrist again (or reform as centrist) but that will be driven by even more extreme political candidates.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The GOP dilemma is most people are not buying the right wing B.S., and the proof has been in their failed presidential elections. People like me who saw how badly they sh#t the bed during the Bush years, from 9/11, to torture, and false wars, and tanked economy, to their ridiculously dumbed down right-wing media...

It doesn't sound nice, but being home of the racists, bigots, intolerance, and anti-science makes them the stupid party. When you put all your stock in ignorance, you become the party of stupid. That's their bed.

Now, I know there are some characters here who disagree... but this is hard core truth I speak. I tell it like it is.

And Trump is their nominee.... lol... They tripled down on stupid. They couldn't be more out of touch with the entire world.
edit on 15-8-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Indeed. White Nationalism in America has many groups. The KKK are just one group. There are Christian Identity groups. Interestingly, the biggest WN group nowadays is the Council of Conservative Citizens.

I agree that Trump is most likely not a Klansman, but he speaks the language that WN like to hear, along with acting out the part of the "angry white man". ...lol remember when Lindsey Graham jokingly said of the GOP a few years ago, "We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

My family is originally from Michigan. Growing up in CA the 1950-60s, I heard them mention a Father Coughlin, a Catholic priest, who had a radio program.
Up in Michigan, Where American Fascism Lived Once Before Father Coughlin, Donald Trump, and the dangerous narcotic we call the American Dream.

He started to refer to FDR as a dictator, and began to pepper his remarks with anti-Semitic slurs about Jewish conspirators and Jewish bankers. He re-published the notorious forgery, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Eventually, he became one of the country's most prominent apologists for Adolph Hitler. He founded something called the Christian Front, an ostensibly anti-Communist activist group that began harassing Jewish shopkeepers in New York and around the country. This, as even Coughlin admitted, was out and out fascism. Then Hitler made league with Stalin, and the war came, and Coughlin, kicked off the radio by this time and disciplined by the Church, faded from public view. He died in obscurity in 1979 and is buried not far from the castle he built with the cross that will never be burned.

There may be overmuch caution in this particularly cautionary tale. As bad as it was, the Great Recession was not the Great Depression. But what Donald Trump has tapped into has lain barely dormant for the eighty years since Father Charles Coughlin took to the airwaves. It is always right below the surface of our politics when we discuss wealth and class because we very rarely discuss it honestly. The narcotic fantasy of The American Dream always gets in the way. If we cannot reach what we perceive as that dream, the fault cannot be ours or our country's. It has to be the fault of the others who are in the way. That is the last sermon Father Coughlin preached from this busy corner of 12 Mile and Woodward. That is the one that rides the radio airwaves still, in a thousand different voices.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join