It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOPs Trump dilemma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Aazadan

This one isn't a lawyer,higher species of mammal.

What's wrong with lawyers? Do you want to elect people to write the law, that don't know how the law works? To put this in military terms since that's your background, would you trust a platoon leader in a combat zone who had no field experience but instead got his rank from filing paperwork? It's a good thing to be familiar with what you're in charge of.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It happens alot when they get shot out from above you.
Most can do OK if they are trained.
We had and Infantry NCO become a last minute transfer to our platoon JUST before Desert Storm...in an armored Cav unit.
A friend almost shot him,if he failed under combat I would have, my platoon was going to get home,wives insisted.
Trump has a big mouth and says the right things, I want to see what he can pull off.
I am VERY aware of the threat to national security as well, THAT tempers my decision most of all
edit on 13-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

It happens alot when they get shot out from above you.
Most can do OK if they are trained.
We had and Infantry NCO become a last minute transfer to our platoon JUST before Desert Storm...in an armored Cav unit.
A friend almost shot him,if he failed under combat I would have, my platoon was going to get home,wives insisted.
Trump has a big mouth and says the right things, I want to see what he can pull off.
I am VERY aware of the threat to national security as well, THAT tempers my decision most of all

So you just admitted you would rather kill your leader than follow the orders of someone who doesn't know what's going on. Yet you want to follow Trump when he has clearly displayed he has no clue what's going on? In civilian life you don't get the option of executing leaders you dislike.

It sounds to me like you're just anti Hillary, not pro Trump.
edit on 13-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

OR by YOUR reckoning a homicidal maniac...Because you haven't fought ,some of what I say may be alien to you.
IF any leader was to start getting my guys killed for stupid infantry tactics then YES .
Wouldn't you?
Why have you made THAT connection?
THE OBVIOUS reasons?
Or do you think I'M just keeping you down?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No. If I were in the military, I would follow the chain of command, as taught to do. If my commander gets me killed or injured, then so be it. That was my job all along.

If you're unable to obey a bad, but lawful order, you don't deserve to wear the uniform.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Guess thats why we win wars and fights.
If that guy sent my people out to get killed and his mistakes were obvious to me, JAIL is just another sacrifice, to get my guys home.
Recon is NOT infantry it's a more difficult job, that poor schlub wasn't trained for it.
the Lt hand held him and kept us off of him ,As it turned out he was a crack head...an E7 crack head...I had NEVER seen another waste of skin like that on a post.

edit on 14-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: SudoNim

So he spends 100 million to say 'gotcha' when he could have, if your theory is correct, given a few million to Hillary and stayed home? You are a special kind of dumb Sudo.

The only people saying it is collapsing is people who do not like him. Watch for the first debate and there will be multiple poll shifts before October. That is when the 'October Surprise' comes in.

They are all falling for it too...hanging themselves so that when the big deal hits about Hillary and Trump is clean there will be collapse.

For nothing...

If you think Trump has lost money during this campaign then you are deluded.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I think you are talking about fragging.
I remember that well from the VietNam war era. It still is considered homicide.

Fortunately, Americans can change our leaders by voting. And we have the right to petition our govt, 1st Amend.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I can't even say it would have happened,Maybe he was good in a fight ,we'll never know.
Being prepared to do something does not precipitate its execution.
edit on 14-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

One of the stories my Dad told us kids about WW2 was when he and his fellow snipers had to go forward into a German town, led by his lieutenant. Once German fire opened up on them and had them cornered in a building, my Dad would bitterly say how the Lt cried and cowered on the ground and told them that he would make sure all his men had silver medals if they came out alive. Well, as the Lt cried and cowered on the ground, my Dad and his fellow snipers managed to fight their way out. The Army was able to take the town. What did the Lt tell his superiors about their success? It was all because of his good leadership! BS! The Lt got the silver medal, not his troops. My Dad knew the truth and felt bad for the guys who really deserved it.

Oh, cav, I don't doubt your IQ at all! You understand things. You said it so well on pg one

...they have been leaving us behind for sometime we are just having a little SHOW DOWN here

No one is to blame but the RP themselves. They have let you and a goodly number of Americans down for decades, using your vote to do what they want to enrich themselves.

The problem I see is that what they are doing could very well not just take them down in flames but destroy some of the very reasonableness and foundations we need as Americans to govern ourselves.

Changes do need to be made, as individuals and together. But we don't need a sniveling Lt to lead us into harm's way, then make promises he won't/can't deliver.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

They have penetrated our government ,already.
I am TRYING to be fair in my choices but when they walked out their opinion ,I AM a potential TERRORIST on the basis I went to a war, I said it was on.
Been combating PC ever since,using the "subtle sledge" approach.
I'm not clear yet on moderate Islam from hostile Islam. We'll see when the refugees they let in start demanding things ,and the answer will be "no". We will still serve pork in all public places ,save those requested by the signs on the door,THEN we will choose where we wish to go and let capitalism choose,no one gets to sue anyone ,but THEY CAN start their OWN businesses.
If you attack someone YOU will get attacked back ...maybe WORSE than than you intended your victim. Hostiles will figure that out as more and more people get ready to pop.

I am Calm in comparison to many.
We are attacking as OUR form of protest here.
Only In MY case my conviction is quite strong to break up this octopoid madness with chaos and go from there.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

a reply to: SudoNim

So he spends 100 million to say 'gotcha' when he could have, if your theory is correct, given a few million to Hillary and stayed home? You are a special kind of dumb Sudo.

The only people saying it is collapsing is people who do not like him. Watch for the first debate and there will be multiple poll shifts before October. That is when the 'October Surprise' comes in.

They are all falling for it too...hanging themselves so that when the big deal hits about Hillary and Trump is clean there will be collapse.

For nothing...

If you think Trump has lost money during this campaign then you are deluded.

HAHA... He has so many fooled into thinking that he funded himself.

He only spent 350k of his own money on his campaign. The rest was a corporate loan to his campaign which he recovered most of from other people's donations and he has spent a huge portion of those monies at his own resorts and subsidiaries to house, feed, cloth, transport himself and staff. The rest of the loan which may not be aid back will be written off as a business loss for corporate taxes.

All and all he is set to have made millions from his farce of a campaign.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I noticed MSM going all in on Trump's "decline" late last week. Given the scandals of hillary, it just felt like they were creating a tempest in a teacup to control public perception.

My thoughts: polls are moving into a very outdated realm. The statistical relevance of polling in a world where landlines are all but dead, and no call lists remove vast swaths of people who would likely be more sympathetic to Trump, im just not sure i can buy the dataset.

This election Uncle Sam has come up to the People with his fist balled, asking "head or gut?"

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am on a no call list but I was still polled a few times.

On top of that I get called on a weekly basis from the Trump campaign asking for thousand dollar donations and have repeatedly waited till the end of the recording to press 9 and be removed from the list.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Do not call lists do not include polling or political calls.
"The National Do Not Call Registry does not limit calls by political organizations, charities, or telephone surveyors."

And major polls include cell phones. People Pew Research do 65% to 75% of their calls to cell phones. They even have an entire demographic break down for cell phone only users. The only problem is it costs more. And the Turmp campaign and the GOP both do their own internal polling which is they do not release to the media and it is those numbers that have Trump upset and the GOP getting ready to cut him lose as the did Bob Dole.
edit on 14-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

I should ad that small pollster that do not call cells tend to under sample the 35 and under crowd so they skew more conservative.
edit on 14-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
the republican party, and its members face a bigger problem post election.
the overwhelming support for trump whose only policies are to ban a religion and build a wall, must be the party line.
republican policies of a pro life, pro gun and god fearing society have always played well in certain red states, no doubt the new agenda will carry on too.
however demonising a religion and alienating hispanics will not play well in swing states.
how could trump supporters vote for a republican in the future not running these policies?
simple answer they can't, no wonder klansmen like duke are gleeful, the rhetoric of far right types longing for a racially pure amurica will be the way forward.
this isnt 1933 germany where the SA forced your vote, people freely elected trump and ultimately the new direction of the republican party.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Do not call lists do not include polling or political calls.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

And just what religion is Trump wanting to ban? LDS?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The GOPs Trump dilemma

I can add 2+2, but sometimes I only have the first 2. Something I heard on the radio gave me the other 2. There is a dirty little secret that the GOP has tried to hide ever since 1980: they are the party for white national supremacists. Maybe they were waiting for David Duke to finally re-register as a Republican in 1989 to make sure they had 100% backing, but now, with Trump, it is increasingly obvious.

Many whites crossed party lines to vote for Ronald Reagan, to add their votes to the GOP Pat Buchanan wing, because they did not like "the minorities" getting things, things they felt were theirs, entitled to. The big tent of the GOP featured one circus ring where white nationalists felt right at home. Of course, this idea was disguised as "traditional values", "Western values".

What I heard on the radio was that Trump, even if he loses, could very well see himself as the leader of a white nationalist movement in America and worldwide. The GOP has no control over Trump's messaging, and he has been exposing their dirty laundry.

White Nationalist Video Blogger Ramzpaul: “GOP Is Becoming The De Facto White Party. Nothing Wrong With That.”

White Nationalists Love Trump’s Convention: “GOP Is Becoming The De Facto White Party” Melania Trump Speech Controversy Blamed On “Filthy Kike Media”

Unfortunately, Trump's message is heard not just by America but worldwide. And who should know best about his white nationalist and "Fascist Characteristics" message than Germany? From Der Spiegel

America's Agitator: Donald Trump Is the World's Most Dangerous Man

For a long time, neither Republican Party officials nor the media recognized the true dimensions of the movement that Trump was forming. They continued to poke fun at him, even as he was creating a revolutionary mood on the right margin of society.

This article was from Feb of this year. The GOP's dirty secret is not so secret anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: stinkelbaum

And just what religion is Trump wanting to ban? LDS?

The Mormons having been the victims of religious repression in the past in fact being demonized then attacked and driven out of Missouri by force after they were denied the right to vote. They see Trumps treatment of Muslims in the same light. It is the same reason Trump has so little support in the Jewish community. They have seen this all before.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join