It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the fear of grays?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I would like to hear from everyone on why they think so many people have an irrational fear of the grays.

Is it a natural fear? Are they just downright creepy? Or is it something more?

We have all heard the theory on screen memories being planted, but why do y'all think that would be the case? Is it to keep abductees from getting uppity while being "examined?" How about as a control factor for an impending invasion? Maybe they can tell who the rebellious ones will be, and want to make us so afraid as to neutralize us.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," Maybe he knew too much, maybe that was a warning us. Says so in the bible as well, that we should not have fear. Warnings?

I know one thing, I am so afraid of the little bastards that I feel like I would have a heart attack if I saw one. Even keeps me from sleeping some nights. Is that the point, that I am supposed to be scared, or is it just a natural reaction?

Just trying to make sense of it all.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
I would like to hear from everyone on why they think so many people have an irrational fear of the grays.

Yes I think it is natural fear. It's a fear of being out of control, knowing that resistance is futile, not knowing what's going on, what the hell are they going to do to you, what inhumane things are those big headed spooks capeable of.

We have all heard the theory on screen memories being planted, but why do y'all think that would be the case? Is it to keep abductees from getting uppity while being "examined?" How about as a control factor for an impending invasion? Maybe they can tell who the rebellious ones will be, and want to make us so afraid as to neutralize us.

No way.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," Maybe he knew too much, maybe that was a warning us. Says so in the bible as well, that we should not have fear. Warnings?

Meaning that the one who understands himself and his enemy has no fear.
Understanding of this depends on how well you know yourself and I guess few more things.

I know one thing, I am so afraid of the little bastards that I feel like I would have a heart attack if I saw one. Even keeps me from sleeping some nights. Is that the point, that I am supposed to be scared, or is it just a natural reaction?

In most cases if not all, abductees are returned. It may be the good place to start drawing some conclusions. I guess you could start meditating, learn buddhism etc... that will give you some control, you'll get what I mean.

Just trying to make sense of it all.

here here,

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I would be scared out of my mind for something to come in the middle of the night when i least expect it and drag me out of my bed and then take me somewhere I don't know and do medical experiments on me and whatnot.

Wouldn't You?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
A few facts about fear:

• Fear is adrenalin.
• Fear is normal when facing the unknown.
• Fear is never in the present but always about the future (I dare anyone to find any fear that's about the present).
• When fear takes over, reason goes out the window.
• Action is fear's greatest fear.

When looking at our planet from above, watching us letting the hungry stay hungry (who amongst us has done all that we could?), wars, polution, I imagine they must be terrified of us as a species. I imagine they must wake up at night with nightmares on what will happen when we go into space with our weapons, our wars, our disregard for human life and suffering...

I don't know how they can stand it in their stomac to even touch us when they examine us, they must be wondering what the hxxx has gone wrong with our DNA....

Sincerely

Cade

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If you follow the basic messages in the bible there is no reason to have fear for the 'grays' id est kindness, forgivness and basically just living an ethical and moral life.

Karma.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A possible explanation is that their chemistry is different than ours. Some aliens might even look like us, but as they were developed on another planet with a different athmosphere and so on their body's chemistry that produce smell and feelings would be different than ours.

So the fear might be the result of our noses tells the brain that this person smells wrong compared to what we are used to.

If this is the case, then they will most likely react the same way; with fear. But they of course know about it and are prepared and can thus choose to ignore it, while those who are abducted are not prepared and thus the fear have free reign.
What did Terry Goodkind write in his books? "Passion Rules Reason"! And that goes not only for passion, but for all feelings! All feelings overrule reason and logic. At least until you become aware of the feelings and then let reason take over.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
People fear the "unknown". What is a grey? No one really knows for sure. There are so many different myths and theories about them, which only add to the allure. Thus, we tend to fear them due to thier mystery.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Cav, I have the exact same thing happen to me at night, I often spend nights wide awake with a weapon near me (my baseball bat or my air rifle)...

I never understood WHY I fear the Grey, They are not the scarriest looking aliens out there...

I can only conclude the fear roots much deeper...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I can only conclude the fear roots much deeper...

It's already been touched on, it's about control. Some people need it, some people fear it. Control first the fear, then control your life.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If you really think about it their is nothing to fear about Greys. Sure they have supperior technology and enjoy sticking us with probes but who says their always abuducting us for that reason? I'm pretty sure they have tooken people up to space just to see what kind of reaction we have or to know the human mind

Get my drift? If not its okay I am totaly lost aswell.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
you cant really say exactly why everyone fears greys because there are mixed feelings towards the greys.The majority of people who fear them is because of one simple fact,their alien.Anything thats alien or unusual looking would usually scare most of us.We never would of imagined that real alien beings would look like this.

im afraid of them just simply because of their eyes and bodies.Theres something that strikes me to be scared.Ironically the majority of greys are child and way smaller than us.Others are afraid because of their advances in technology.I mean would you really trust an unknown alien race with a much more advance technology then us?

But some people aren`t sacred,infact they love the greys to the point that some of them will worship them,im sure afew of you know some UFO religions.Thats all i know of.Others have mixed feelings.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Grays scare me because the repitlians are "allies" of some sort with them. They both want to use humans to some end, and I know from what I've learned being an amatuer anthropologist that myths only come when 1, an amazing event, person, or "ancient" has really happened. 2, An unforgettable image; think "The Prince and The Pauper" by Mark twain (a recent american example of a myth) here, is embedded in the culuture by an image of "escapism" or as a moral story like my example above.
So therefor it's more than likely their as real as BSB is real as their Fan Fiction(which is actually very Good, but a little chezzy).

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Take me...If friendly all the better,if fiendly,I personally would die just for one chance to be their guinea pig,no matter how intimidating their appearance was,it would be an honor to endure whatever excruciating vivisection,acid-transfusion,pain amplifier,pinhead treatment or other-worldly agony they devised on my soul,just for the invitation & experience.Whenever I see falling stars nearby,I always race into the woods hoping to meet them.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

People almost always tend to fear what they don't know or understand.

Now speaking for myself, if I ever saw an alien gray or whatever I would probably be scared at first. It's a natural reaction I would think.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Some fear is instinct. People, like all the other animals on this earth, have instinct. They know when something is bad... or good, or untrustworthy etc. Its just natural, it is picked up by the vibes that the other creature gives off. Therefore i think that fear of the greys could possibly be instinctive. I remember even when i was a kid, and i would see a picture of one, i wouldnt be scared, like if i thought i had seen a "monster." I was just uneasy, it gave me chills. Which tells me it isnt an imaginative fear, like closet monsters. lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vajrayana
Take me...If friendly all the better,if fiendly,I personally would die just for one chance to be their guinea pig,no matter how intimidating their appearance was,it would be an honor to endure whatever excruciating vivisection,acid-transfusion,pain amplifier,pinhead treatment or other-worldly agony they devised on my soul,just for the invitation & experience.Whenever I see falling stars nearby,I always race into the woods hoping to meet them.

People some of ya should be a little bit more sceptical about certain things. And for your wish Vajrayana, you know what they say, be ware of what you wish!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo
People some of ya should be a little bit more sceptical about certain things. And for your wish Vajrayana, you know what they say, be ware of what you wish!

Yes,whether they come in peace or I go in pieces...I think about this often after watching Fire In The Sky & many nights longing for one of those twinkling lights above to come hovering down...I see it like checking the organ donor box on a drivers license...& could not think of a better way to go.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Its the eyes... Those creepy, scary, big eyes... *BrrrRR*

And they are always pictured black... That makes it even more mysterious and spooky..

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It is human nature to fear the unknown. When people give conflicting stories and nothing is factual, it just adds to the allure and mystery of it and we naturally fear for the worst. It's an illusion of sorts. It helps us survive. It's like the woods in The Village. When I was little, I was scared #less of this one kid, because I was told he was a blackbelt in Karate. I had seen the Karate kid, and Three Ninjas Kick Back, so it was mysterious to me, it was very real in my mind. I avoided the kid like the plague, because I was sure he would kill me. So finally one day, he starts up on me, now Im really nervous, I thought I would seriously die. So what do I do? I throw a basketball at his face and he falls down crying and runs away with a bloody nose. It wasnt so mysterious anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Its the eyes... Those creepy, scary, big eyes... *BrrrRR*

And they are always pictured black... That makes it even more mysterious and spooky..

yes, what you are saying is very funny and also has a lot of truth in it.

Here's a total different comment on your post: and people wonder why they don't "show themselves".

They are waiting patiently until we are ready.

If the government knew them to be truely hostile why would they dare to go into space with the shuttle? Why wouldn't it "disappear" each time it's in orbit?

Sincerely

Cade

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join