It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the fear of grays?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Before I was born my family had an experience with the grays, I don't know if one of them was abducted or not, but I think it's very possible. see "Face In The Window"

Aside from being creepy, I always had the feeling that they were not here to cause us any harm. Well, now that I've really started researching more into it I kind of wish I never would have. Some of the abduction stories are truly horrifying. At one time I thought that if a UFO landed nearby, I wouldn't be afraid and I would actually greet them and try to communicate. Seriously. I sure as hell don't feel like that anymore. Now I'd be more likely to wrap chickenwire and tinfoil around my head and load my gun. LOL

I have lost all interest in ever meeting an alien.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here's one take...I've seen the theory out there that Grays are human descendants from the future who went so overboard with their sci-tech that they lost some very important capacity that we have, maybe empathy or tenderness or natural reproduction. As far as I recall, all the suggestions were love or sex related things, really fundamental qualities of humanity. Anyhow, the idea is maybe we (many) of us fear them because we can sense or note that lack in them.

What brings me to this site is that I just read an article about how Ray Kurzweil and some other futurists believe that humans are likely to be more non-biological than biological by 2030, passing a technological singularity, and that they're concerned that it be done right (though they seem far more pleased about the idea than I am). That triggered the thought, "Oh, no, this sounds like that story about the Grays - I hope to God they don't turn us into Grays with that gung ho technology-can-fix everything mindset." Just a head's-up: I wouldn't be among the first to get any new neural-implant-wired-to-a-space-age-biosuit. We are what we are for a reason, and we ought to think twice before giving that up.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't fear them... not one bit, not for a second.

I do however Hate them, and this really is from the gut, I just know they are no good, it's on another level, and it feels right to hate them for me. Natural.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join