It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Trusting Your Memory - When Memory Becomes Knowledge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: TommyD1966
a reply to: Pearj

So you remember there always being 8 continents? I'd bet you remember there being 7.

There are only 6!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, in my timeline there . . .

Oh, crap, now I'm doing this silly thing

Lol

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaeart
In these Mandela threads, why its always some other country which supposedly went through a change of location? I don't see any New Zealanders saying "Wtf, our country wasn't here before!". Everybody please check out your OWN country in the map. If any of you claim it wasn't there before, I'll give Mandela Effect benefit of the doubt. Mine is still sitting at the exact same spot of the Earth

baja california...

This is not a certain memory of mine just something that loooks WAY off.

THe part of california that goes down beside mexico and turns into mexico.. That peninsula.. Much longer now.. That's based on seems way longer now, not I know this now.. So in all honesty it could be looking at maps drawn in a way better for plane navigation and flat maps that alter what is truly there compared to a globe..

So I can take that one or leave it.. It seems a similar effect to realizing how big Alaska is.. So no biggie.

But I am missing a land mass to the west of australia towards africa.. Not sure what happened to that and I'm not talking about Madagascar.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Yeah - but actual fans that have shown how faithful they are to the original trilogy have said it was "Luke".

Yeah, maybe in your other timeline not here in this one.

You might want check this, because there are numerous blogs and threads on reddit that have fans that link to their own web pages of clubs they are in that show how dedicated they are and they all dispute the 'Luke, I am your father line'.

I believe it was also linked to on a thread here on ATS about the Star wars lines a few months back, How upset some real fans are that anyone can claim to be a hardcore fan yet dont know or have incorrectly remembered one of the most famous lines out of the movies

The conversation has moved passed faulty memory.

Not to to real die hard fans, they claim its people that are either not as die hard fans as they claim and that its simply remembered wrong due to numerous things that has been explained why many think it "Luke, I am your father".

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

There's a near equal amount of people saying it was "Luke, I am your father"..

You may want to check it.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
O don't know I was being kidnapped and it was dark in the trunk.

link   
See problem is human memory is constantly reevaluated with your current knowledge. Meaning something that happened or you believed years ago most defiantly can change as other facts you wer unaware of at the time can alter your memory.

In other words memory is not a record g device it is constantly in Flux as new information is added.
edit on 8/24/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

link   
I noticed this at ATS be this ME stuff started.

People would use the term "turrent" for "turret". Maybe because of familiarity and use of the computer term "torrent"?

From different posts here...

Walking over to the turrent I got a surprise. Up to this time I was under the illusion that these turrents were manned

The tank is rendered usless. Its turrent is literally blown off.

Instead he hit the sloped armor on the turret. With the launchers angle (shooting upwards at the turrent)

you hit the front gues whats inside the front of the tank crew you hit the turrent guess whats inside the turrent. you hit the back you get the motor...

One even uses both words in the same post. The spelling for the word getting stored in memory incorrectly or recalled confused because of the two different words with similar sounds.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And false memory is easy to do...

faculty.washington.edu...

www.northwestern.edu...

www.uky.edu...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: InhaleExhale

There's a near equal amount of people saying it was "Luke, I am your father"..

You may want to check it.

So what?

Its explainable why some or many as you claim think so.

So I assume you have 'checked it out' to make such a statement?

OK, help me out then

Where do I go to check this stat?

Should I just start door knocking and asking how many people residing in the home have watched The Empire Strikes Back and proceed with asking them what Vader says to Luke when Luke was talking about how he was told that that Vader killed his father?

I just as easily could claim that its a 1000:1 ratio of people remembering "No" over "Luke".

Anyone can chase up and find examples of why some think it "Luke".

All you have is you and other remember its "Luke" yet its not about faulty memory.

Like I said, look up Star Wars Social clubs, you will see what die-hard fans think the line is or should I say know what the line is.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And those people have it wrong...

In fact here are a couple more they got wrong...

scifi.about.com...

Sorry misquotes not mandela effect.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Sorry, Mandela Effect; not misquotes.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

baja california...

This is not a certain memory of mine just something that loooks WAY off.

THe part of california that goes down beside mexico and turns into mexico.. That peninsula.. Much longer now.. That's based on seems way longer now, not I know this now.. So in all honesty it could be looking at maps drawn in a way better for plane navigation and flat maps that alter what is truly there compared to a globe..

So I can take that one or leave it.. It seems a similar effect to realizing how big Alaska is.. So no biggie.

But I am missing a land mass to the west of australia towards africa.. Not sure what happened to that and I'm not talking about Madagascar.

You Noticed Baja too huh.... yea its about 200 miles longer than it was and was about above Peru or just off the coast of SA before.
Alaska is now only 50 miles from Russia and has 2 large sound's on the coast where before the coast was slihgtly bulged and about 375 miles from Russia.

Let me ask you did you ever notice the smaller bay off of Hudson Bay in Canada called James Bay ?

James Bay just showed up A few months ago for me ,, after studding Google Earth Maps I read another guy said the same thing. I was not there for me I flew though and over Canada at the beginning of this year an was looking at the on board flight map and I checked it out on Google Earth when I got home for fun just amazed of how foar flight has come.

James Bay was not there hard to miss.

edit on 27-8-2016 by ZenHorse because: Quote did not highlight the way i wanted it too

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

a reply to: ZenHorse

One of you should make a thread.

I can confirm Alaska was not that close to Russia.

NK did not border Russia. Look at how high Japan is now.. lol

There are to many changes to list.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join