It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting Hillary''s Potentially Patholgical Accent Use

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In light of recent events wth Hillary Clinton's odd behaviors, I think we need to revisit her unusual accent issues. As many of you recall, Hillary has a tendancy of switchng her accent up a bit. Most of us shook our fists and screamed, "pandering of all the nerve".

BUT, after all these recent events, I am beginning to wonder if there is a physiological reason for these accents. The main one being dysprosody which has a long list of causes. Now remember, all of these can start at any age. In fact one physiological weakness can make you prone to many other old age related isssues, such as dementia, at an earlier age than usual.

Early onset Altzheimers and dementia have been known to start as early as the thirties or forties. At those ages the signs are minimal, but there. This could be why Hillary keeps falling so much and getting brain clots to begin with.

Here are some of a long list of causes of Dysprosody:

1. Dementia
  2. Schizophrenia
  3. Altzheimer's
  4. Parkinsons
  5. Brain Injury
  6. Stroke

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I missed the larger memo you're calling upon. Perhaps more videos to help drive the point?

I know for fun over the years, its fun to mix up different accents, slang words and even different languages in the same sentence; the more the different phrases/whatever 'dont belong' together the more fun it becomes. Like when out doing shopping and stuff. Really throws people for a loop. I only wish I've had more time in my life to study more languages and such, and put more thought into practicing my little 'joke' here as its been fun whenever I've bothered to play at it.
edit on 10-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: elouina

I have lived in several places in this country. All that have distinct acents. If I visit, it can take me less than 2 days to fall back into the local accent. I have also been in about 15 Shakesperian plays and on occasion, a Brittish accent slips out. I don't do it purposefully, but some words I continue to use a Brittish pronunciation, just due to incredible amounts of hours in rehearsals.

Yet, another BARREL SCRAPING thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The correct term for Hillary's use of accents when the occasion arises, is not a medical term, but a sort of criminal term or at least, one not complimentary. The term is "pandering." Very typical of the way the woman operates, her method of operation.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I agree it doesn't take long to pick up accents we do not do it consciously it just happens.
She may be acting a bit but just to appear more likable to the people she is talking to...I don't think it is some medical condition...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

And is that a very deep, seemingly bottomless barrel for Ms. Clinton.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I agree it doesn't take long to pick up accents we do not do it consciously it just happens.
She may be acting a bit but just to appear more likable to the people she is talking to...I don't think it is some medical condition...

You're right. She was in Arkansas for so long, if she visits the South, it may be a MIXTURE of natural and connecting with the audience. Definitely not a medical problem.
edit on 10-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

And is that a very deep, seemingly bottomless barrel for Ms. Clinton.

As long as people here srape horrible websites, we will see this type of thing. It has inreased recently.

The video in the OP shows her with a Southern accent, she LIVED there for a long time. You really never lose it.

Especialy if surrounded by people with that accent, it comes back.

You should look up articles by linguists to see how fast it comes back.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I dont do it consciously (being an odd case of being from the north & south 'simultaneously'). Consciously I kind of have my own accent, although many traces of it from spending more youth years in the north. Don't pick up southern accent at all, although I do enjoy playing with many of their slang words.

One of my favorite to explore when around people that habitually use the word "Ya'll" is to beg the question: "If you all = ya'll , then wouldn't they all = tha'll, and we all = wa'll?" (which of course nobdy actually says the last 2). I find all these years they are usually a good sport abut it, unless they suck and I usually wouldn't mind if I rub them wrong (like back in my Construction laborer days) then in those instances I got double the enjoyment (this is when I came up with it actually LOL).

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this is getting nauseating.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The video in the OP shows her with a Southern accent, she LIVED there for a long time. You really never lose it.

Yeah. If anything the Big Story in the video is how she acted like being white is some kind of derogatory thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I find many people in the online game I play use y'all even if they are from EUROPE. I think they picked it up from US players. They don;t use it in a nefarious way, though it is on purpose. I would imagine.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

LOL! Okay, this is officially the most desperate thread I've seen yet!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah. If anything the Big Story in the video is how she acted like being white is some kind of derogatory thing.

No, she was making a joke about women coloring their hair. She is already whiter than white.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

LOL! Okay, this is officially the most desperate thread I've seen yet!

You are right.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

OMG, it is not even that Noticeable, give me a break. Stupid thread, perhaps I should make one about Trumps hair!

She lived, where? The SOUTH!
edit on 10-8-2016 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I have this quality also. I love accents. I can easily slip into the jargon and coloration of certain localities just by being with people from those areas, deep south, or Brooklyn Liverpool or Calcutta. Though I'm 70 now it is not a sickness or lack of anything as I have been able to do this since I was a teenager. I think Clinton is just acculturating, not as a trick but rather just as a natural ability to conform with those in proximity.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When will Paul Ryan hold a hearing on Hillary's use of accents?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It IS more convenient, especially than the northerner version of "you guys" (even if its a carload of girls; girls even do it, is how I remember it).

Although I suppose now it's PC sacrilege

Perhaps ya'll will inherit the earth now, who would of guessed the dirty southerner expression to?

So when I say ya'll I'll do with with a staunch newscasters northerner voice, when i get to that word, kind of like when Dave Chappelle imitates being white, when I'm around my southerner friends. Then there's variations such as "ya'll guys" (fun around people who are aware of the prevalence of both expressions in each respective area).

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The sad part here, is this could actually be the truth. We all, including myself passed this off. Meanwhile I knew in the back of my head that this could be a medical disorder. Always knew this... And considering recent events, I do believe this is a valid issue to bring up right now.

Hillary has a long history of changing accents and not just recetly. I traveled all over the world, and mine stayed the same. There is something off kilter about this woman that they are hiding.

Sorry to offend, but I had to speak my mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join