It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting Hillary''s Potentially Patholgical Accent Use

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: elouina

It might be much simpler than that. 4 years after we moved from Florida, we went back there on vacation. The first time I talked to my cousins, they howled with laughter at my new "country accent". I was shocked and in denial because everyone in my new state sounded so different from me (my new friends typically thought I sounded "too proper" or thought I was from "the islands"). I certainly wasn't trying to pick up a country accent (even though I still say "ain't", "y'all", and drop the "g" in words that end in "ing"- Meh).

And when I was out of the country & relearning Spanish, I found myself purposely trying to match their pronunciations and use their phrases when "small talking". I didn't realize I was also picking up their dialects and accents until I tried speaking Spanish to some people from California. We half-argued about the pronunciations of vowel sounds for probably 30min lol. It turned out that it was from a difference in dialects.

To this day, I prefer to say "Co-LOM-bee-ah" instead of "Cuh-LUM-bee-uh" like people do out here. Wait, that's not quite true. I think I say "Co-LOM-bee-ah" when talking about the country and "Cuh-LUM-bee-uh" when talking about an American city. That's weird.
edit on 10-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I was responding to Reldra's reply of "just another barrel scraping thread"... which is exactly how she's described every Clinton thread lately..

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
A good video which is a lighthearted look at Hillary's varied accents through the years.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

To me it's like she is trying to speak a foreign language. Out of respect to other diplomats, a good diplomat will at least make an attempt to speak in the others language she tries to put them a ease by speaking in their lingo, their music of inflection. She is just very very bad at it. I couldn't do it, what she tries to do. Act sincere with a broad cross section of the voters. How can she, day in and day out over and over and over, pretending to be oh so happy to be with these folks before she has to go and be with those folks and pretend with them the same way as the ones she was with yesterday and will be with tomorrow. I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

Trump on the other hand doesn't have to pretend at all with his glee club. He is not out looking to turn people into friends first like she does. He immediately finds their enemies and attacks them and boom, they are sold.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Joey Barton springs to mind...English football player playing In France speaking to the press in English with a french accent.
Funny look it up.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ahhh...was wondering if I had accidentally wandered into the wrong thread for a second. There are so many of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The technical term is "code switching." Most Southerners of whatever race do it to some degree, as do people from other parts of the country. It's not particularly unusual.

My own accent wanders depending on the company and the context.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: elouina

She's lived all over and has picked up bits here and there.
I grew up and lived in NY until I was thirty.
I moved to Virginia in 91.
The people here say they can't place me or say Yankee I think.
In NY my family says I have a southern accent.

My dad traveled for work. He came home from London with an accent after being there two months. Then it would fade away and when he went back it would happen again. My brother picked up a southern accent when he was in the navy. He was stationed in Pensacola.
If you've never traveled you might not know it but you pick up words and sayings and accents when ever you spend time in an environment where those things are different from your native area.

It just happens.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No we don't. We say all y'all.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Actually they say yous. Yous guys should go inside its gonna rain.
Yous are all crazy. Here it's pronounced yuz. Yuz are all crazy.
Hey that's N.Y.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
When will Paul Ryan hold a hearing on Hillary's use of accents?

I think they have Trey Gowdy and Tom DeLay working on it already.
While they pull together an impeachment plan too.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Perhaps we need to examine Hillary more closely. I have never really done this. When examining a person for possible dementia, or other issues, there is a slew of diagnostic criteria utilized.

Now I am not seeing lack of arm swing, so we can likely rule out Parkinson's although not entirely. Which then points to a more likely diagnosis of dementia.

Take my post in another topic as an example.

originally posted by: elouina

She is not 90 years old. And those heels are low sturdy ones. But still if you look at the top unaided picture even, she has a forward leaning stance which is indicative of a organic brain issue. Many causes here such as Parkinson's and dementia. This causes instability, strain, and fatigue of muscles which can lead to falls and also thoroughly explains why she is being held up in the later picture.

I would like to see some recent videos of her gait at a normal pace.

Do pictures show Clinton concussion causing Vertigo at rally?

edit on 11-8-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This is only proof of how easily influenced you are.. and how unaware of your own actions you are. Nothing else.

It has certainly never happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lame ass Hillary.. with her fake blonde hair and her fake breasts and her fake lies.. typical communist Muslim sympathiser.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join