It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Hypocrite Will Smith Calls for a Cleanse of Trump and His Supporters

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Because if we don't agree with Will Smith's racists comments we are automatically a Trump supporter.

He didn't make any racist comment

can no one read? Did everyone swallow the first shallow article that was contrived on the subject? Seems so I guess everyone just wants some anger.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: RobotBomb
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Because if we don't agree with Will Smith's racists comments we are automatically a Trump supporter.

He didn't make any racist comment

can no one read? Did everyone swallow the first shallow article that was contrived on the subject? Seems so I guess everyone just wants some anger.

It was a genocidal comment.

Meaning he wants Trump supporters dead and out of the way because there never will be utopia with them around.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Then what did he mean, exactly? Intellectual cleansing?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I don't know why these hollywood people think that their opinion means more than the opinion of others?

Like it or not, a celebrity opinion does matter more than Joe Shmoes. Celebrities are given hero status in America, and people will listen to and follow the example of a hero.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Will Smith. The guy who sold his soul for fame and fortune, even sacrificing up his own son to his perverted masters.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Will Smith. The guy who sold his soul for fame and fortune, even sacrificing up his own son to his perverted masters.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Just how did smith do that. Can you tell us cause that would be an interesting tale

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The pervert masters bit I think is a reference to his son now being a model for womans skirt clothing line. Now his son wears a skirt and professionally models it with Transgender models. Not just in photo shoots but also outside. His son also says strange things like he can control time with his mind by willing it.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"Cleanse itself of Trump supporters"? That sounds familiar.. . "Germany must cleanse itself of the Jewish vermin"... That's right now I remember where I heard it...And the left calls Trump a Nazi? Sounds like psychological projection to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Who? The prince of Belair?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

All this talk about how horrible Trump people are, but this is the first person I've heard call for rounding up and enacting a final solution.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's hard to have a good opinion of Trump. No surprises coming from Will because many of us feel the same way. Trump is the biggest fool to ever run for president. It has never been easier for the opposition--just ignore Trump.
edit on 8/12/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hey, OP, it's not a 'huge national media outrage' because, as an American citizen, Will Smith, or anyone, (including morons running for President who imply much more radically that his opposition should be shot), has what's called, Freedom Of Speech. Just because you don't like what Will Smith is saying doesn't mean that what he's saying is a crime, or an 'outrage'. If that was the case, Trump would have been jailed long ago for his racist stupidity. Trump, like a lot of people on ATS, ought to be very thankful there's no laws against ignorance, or they'd all be serving life sentences. Personally, I wouldn't mind if every one of the embarrassing, loud-mouthed, flat-out wrong about almost everything Trump supporters all got up and just went the hell away. No none here will miss that obnoxious minority group of voters.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Here's the thing though:

If someone connected to Trump in even the slightest way said this, it would be made into a national outrage and not called a "free speech" issue. Will Smith gets away with it for three reasons:

1.) It promotes the anti-Trump narrative

2.) He's the "right" ethnicity, so he can't be racist

3.) He has supported and paid into the pockets of all the right players in DC - the ends justify the means

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I find it absolutely laughable although very pathetic when people criticise others quite legally using the first amendment in your country when you don't like what they say. It's not like he left it very ambiguous about whether someone should be shot now, is it?

I take it you are not from the US, given your use of the phrase "your country", so I can forgive what appears to be your less than perfect grasp on the First Amendment. Part "A" Criticizes Party "B", then Party "B" criticizes Party "A" right back. everybody happy, First Amendment exercise all the way around. No one has said he has no right to speak, they just speak right back instead, thereby recognizing that right, and exercising it on their own behalf. Win-win.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yet this thread was created for the sole purpose of bashing him for exercising his own right to free speech and expression, despite him having the same freedom to do so as Trump or anyone else in this country. Hmmm...

Hmm indeed! No one criticizing him for exercising his right, but rather criticizing his opinion. Big difference. No one, but no one, gets to hide behind the First Amendment and avoid criticism right back. It's there to protect the right to speak, not to protect a supposed right not to be answered by a dissenting opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

I find it absolutely laughable although very pathetic when people criticise others quite legally using the first amendment in your country when you don't like what they say. It's not like he left it very ambiguous about whether someone should be shot now, is it?

I take it you are not from the US, given your use of the phrase "your country", so I can forgive what appears to be your less than perfect grasp on the First Amendment. Part "A" Criticizes Party "B", then Party "B" criticizes Party "A" right back. everybody happy, First Amendment exercise all the way around. No one has said he has no right to speak, they just speak right back instead, thereby recognizing that right, and exercising it on their own behalf. Win-win.

Your first amendment is very easy to follow but it seems hard for many Americans to understand, hence the outrage in this thread that someone actually had the temerity to exercise it in a manner they don't like.

Plenty on here appear to be questioning his right to speak - hence my post in the first place, but which you appear to be eager to ignore.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana
"Cleanse itself of Trump supporters"? That sounds familiar.. . "Germany must cleanse itself of the Jewish vermin"... That's right now I remember where I heard it...And the left calls Trump a Nazi? Sounds like psychological projection to me.

Cleanse the USA of hate and rejection for any race/religion in this case muslims. What he said was very clear, people are really weird on here.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

Your first amendment is very easy to follow but it seems hard for many Americans to understand, hence the outrage in this thread that someone actually had the temerity to exercise it in a manner they don't like.

Plenty on here appear to be questioning his right to speak - hence my post in the first place, but which you appear to be eager to ignore.

It really is very easy to follow, isn't it? That's why it's so mystifying for folks to make the claim that it is Smith's Second Amendment rights under assault rather than his comments being disagreed with. It's really very simple - he has a perfect right to speak out against what he disagrees with, just as his opposition has that same right. It's disingenuous to attempt to shut down the opposition voices by shrieking that the Second Amendment is under assault when it is not. There are only two possible reasons that could happen as far as I can see 1) the Second Amendment is imperfectly understood by the claimant and they think it protects something it does not, or 2) an attempt at misdirection, possibly to try and put the speakers on the defense thereby obscuring their actual message. I think that second possibility is an altogether more sinister potential.

You do understand that the Second Amendment prohibits the government from silencing a political speaker, right?

I didn't notice anyone questioning his right to speak, much less the government, but then I'm not one of those frail souls who needs to run to a "safe space" to hide from reality when it has the temerity to impinge on my senses, so I probably have a different perspective than some of the more fragile segments of our society.

edit on 2016/8/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
I don't need a 'safe space', I just find it laughable how many people say he shouldn't have said what he did, will no longer watch his films because of what he said but are the first people to say that anyone who disagrees with them or their right to speak don't know what the first amendment means. Would you like me to draw pictures for you to help with your comprehension of that?

I notice I'm not the only person on this thread to have disagreed with you - maybe you are just following your own sad little path of denial.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join