It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all nerds and geeks! I need your brains!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
What if its,
3Dspace, time and "consciousness"?
5 dimensions.
Consciousness in this case = not-materialised information. Spooky action at a distance is basically proof, information exists outside of time, just the "container" exists in space and if we observe it also in time. But not the information, if you imagine that as bit "0/1".
Bit is the essence of all information, as proven by every computing device we have.

Also, what if observing is two "bit-waves" crossing that's why it pushes the image, the container of the information in one place? Like creating the dot on a maximum.

Sorry this is short, but I just thought of it and before I start barking up the wrong tree, I wanted to ask you what you think.
Probably it is old news to some of you, then please also give me a book recommendation, or whatever you have.

edit on 10-8-2016 by Peeple because: Had conscience meant consciousness

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

consciousness is a product of the brain, it does not exist outside it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

That's why I wrote "conscience in this case = not-materialised information".
You stopped reading at line 2, didn't you?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X

consciousness is a product of the brain, it does not exist outside it.

That's only a theory, which you have presented as fact.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

TextThat's only a theory, which you have presented as fact.

OK name me one conscious thing that does not have a brain?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Correlation is not causation.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

But what is "conscience"? An information "converter", like java, hardware (brain) receives the information and the conscience is the software.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Because the two exist in unison does not prove causation, only correlation.

Also, because consciousness is subjective I cannot even prove you have a consciousness.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Well this "theory" has all the evidence and a lack of belief. It's opposite has that backwards.

I'm betting on the former.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Conscience is entirely different from consciousness. I know I just woke up a few minutes ago, but really?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: and14263

Well this "theory" has all the evidence and a lack of belief. It's opposite has that backwards.

I'm betting on the former.

I agree. I am in favour of the Integrated Information Theory - however none are proven, none are fact.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

English isn't my first language sorry.

And of course it's a metaphor. Like that, not is that. Besides it is true, what do you do? You permanently interpret information, that's what your consciousness does. And at the same time that's all it is. How would you perceive anything that doesn't send information? That's impossible.
Please don't fry me just because I used the more philosophical term. Take my definition as filter, not-materialised information.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeepleBit is the essence of all information, as proven by every computing device we have.

I would not say that a bit is the essence of all information. You could, of course, say that a bit is the core building block of computer data. Information was here long before we even invented bits, long before we had computers (again). I reallyo don't know what the essential building block of 'information' would be: information is an experience for a human. It is - unlike a bit - not easily defined in technical terms. It's when we 'learn something new'. It is indeed time related, our entire existence is time-related, without time we would not exist. Conscience is also a vague concept: it's the act directed processing of data into information and information into other information. The dreamer is merely transforming information into new information, perhaps triggered by data from his environement: the sheets that itch, the blanket that makes him feel warm.

Without time - no existence. Without a being to observe reality there is nothing.

We are here because we need to observe our surroundings, hence creating them.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

No, bit is a synonym, for the status of the information. There, not there, middle/neutral.
Like a bit-wave, the material world is a web of the highest points, where the information has the most there not-there density of information.

And before you pick on density in relation with not-material waves, that's also not literal.
Peeks.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Hey no worries, I'm far from a grammar Nazi and got all the leeway for someone using a second language. I don't agree that consciousness is non-material, but am also not entirely certain. I've found zero evidence to support the claim that consciousness exists outside of the material world. Found a lot of bad reasoning really wishing it were so, but nothing solid.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Thanks for the leeway

But it would explain how two particles can match their status after they got entangled.

I mean what if that's all our "reality" is? Entangled particles. Manifesting itself in the atomic bonds at a lower "density level". As walls, trees etc at a higher level. Maybe even as spacetime at the highest "excitement level" maybe that fits better to what I am trying to express?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

(insert political joke)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

But what is "conscience"? An information "converter", like java, hardware (brain) receives the information and the conscience is the software.

If we use a computer as an example... I would think that the operating system, that code that makes sense of everything would be the consciousness. The Bios would be the brain. Something has to understand all the 1's and 0's. But then, what is the HD. Errrr.. This is breaking my head already! lol

so the software/games you're running would be memories or ideas... imagination?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yeah the information that was excited enough to find a way to exist in the material all-in five dimension reality.
Came to live from flowing along aimlessly without mass without entanglements.

Wait I think I misunderstood your point?

Stuff is real, but a representation of the process in the background, like growing crystals.

What you perceive is the image most useful to you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join