It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all nerds and geeks! I need your brains!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

We don`t know jack or anything about consciousness. Or about the brain, or about the universe.

So lets all just peel a banana. If we manage to do even that. (the right way)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There are way too many hairs to split on this one.

Great read so far.

For all we know the multiple dimensions are just layered programing, We're all just a tiny part of a much greater and extremely complicated grander mechanism.

'Tiny Blue Marble'

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's Time-space, they are directly related. Also - The 5th Dimension is supposed to be the multiverse? Perhaps...

I believe what you're referring to is known as the 'noospehere' - Interconnected conscienceness, the stronger and smarter the consceinceness the easier it becomes part of the noosphere, data is shared instantly and belongs to all that are a part of the noospehere.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

"In theosophy and anthroposophy, the Akashic records are a compendium of thoughts, events, and emotions believed by theosophists to be encoded in a non-physical plane of existence known as the astral plane"

Quick Google quote
edit on 10-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Consciousness in this case = not-materialised information. Spooky action at a distance is basically proof, information exists outside of time, just the "container" exists in space and if we observe it also in time.

Not sure what materialized information is but I believe spooky action at a distance might be proof that we are a simulation.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X

TextThat's only a theory, which you have presented as fact.

OK name me one conscious thing that does not have a brain?

In theory, a Boltzmann Brain.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A book, a tree, a planet, an atom, everything with mass.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What is not materialized information?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

All things without a mass. Thoughts, for example. Massless particles. Gravity and the forces.

Imagine light, if it travels it has a mass, if it stands still, in theory it falls back to a state of existence as pure possibility. Or information.
To us it looks like it is having speed, s×t, but for the photon it only travels space, not time. I mean it is interacting and elusive at the same time.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Consciousness would be the wi-fi like broadcast to ALL* Created, from THE who CREATED ALL* basically guiding the Created...
The Soul / Spirit / Internal ENERGY would be the Hardware.
The "manifested" bodies and brains included would be the Software.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Wouldn't the Soul/ Spirit / Internal ENERGY by the Software and the "manifested" bodies and brains included being the hardware?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

There are many words for it, I just like the ring of 'noospehere"

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

actually our reality is 6 dimensions. the time domain also has 3 spatial dimensions because dark matter which is baryonic resides there. you may want to chk out the thread in my signature for some insight into the 6 dimensions i am talking about

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Dang it! I thought this was going to be a zombie thread!

Peeple, this might be better in philosophy because you are (already have) gotten the "science says" and "prove this" (even though we are in skunkworks) replies.

The quantum theory (QT) is strange when you start looking at it. QT is smooth sailing until you hit "identity" because like the cat, it is dead and alive at the same time. Your direct observation affects how the wave collapses and how that works with the macro world of beings and beingness is anybody's guess at this point.

Also in QT, you have a set of rules for electrons and such particles the Fermi-Dirac statistics while for the things with mass (bosons) you use Bose-Einstein statistics. The BE stats is how fusion will come about while FD stats is where spooky action at a distance resides. So you have that division to deal with and how that works with your OP is what you may have to deal with (which terms belongs where).

You found the heaviest rock in the yard and decided to pick it up, huh?

As far as QT reading goes, try any or all of the following:

In Search of Schrodinger’s Cat by John Gribbin (math heavy but also explains a lot of QT)
The Quantum Moment by Crease and Goldhaber (not much math and deals how QT affects society)
Physics for Rock Stars by McKinley (I own but have not started and it has good reviews)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

Wouldn't the Soul/ Spirit / Internal ENERGY by the Software and the "manifested" bodies and brains included being the hardware?

No, actually the Soul/ Spirit / Internal ENERGY would be the hardware that the manifested software bodies including information understanding application or brains interacts with. And the soul changes software as it Ascends, all why picking up wi-fi or consciousness from the CREATOR...

edit on 8/10/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you. It was the title which made you buy the last book, right? Haha

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Problem is there is no creator. It's just clumbs of attracting information, organising itself as nature does.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

everything is energy--and we can affect our consciousness by affecting our energy/the energy around us.

I think you're thinking too-complicated. Think simple, first. Look up radiant aether.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Quantum physics bro, IMHO reality is a cage our consciousness dwells in, or maybe like a spaceship we fly around hyperspace, using our conscious to merge with the existing "lanes of reality" we forget other worlds we see or exist in, our mass mind creates the reality we all accept, we can in theory create a whole new reality if we all as one tried..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join