It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Campaign Now Outspending Trump on Ads -- $52 Million to 0

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I find it fascinating how much money and effort are being put into destroying the possibility of a Trump presidency.. His run has turned the establishment on it's heels as can be witnessed by scores of DC lifers "fat off the blood sweat & tears of the taxpayer", on both sides of the aisle, it would have been nice if Sanders had been as successful in defying the DNC machine but fell short unfairly as evidenced in the DNC Leaks.

NBC News

Nearly $100 million has been spent on general-election TV advertisements in the presidential race since the primary season ended, but Donald Trump's campaign still hasn't spent a single cent on one of them.

This lack of advertising is all more striking given Trump's deficit in the polls -- as well as the recent influx of campaign contributions he's reportedly raked in.

Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign has now spent $52 million on ads, and pro-Clinton outside groups have chipped in an additional $39 million, according to ad-spending data from Advertising Analytics. (That's the new name of the company NBC News partners with on this data.)

So far this concerted effort is having a small effect on the poll numbers, I heard on the TV that Clinton has pulled out by 10 points, but you have to think that all those involved are still scratching their collective establishment minds, wondering how Trump is even that close....

It will be very interesting to see how this season unfolds, and how many more desperate moves will be made by those folks whose entire life is tied to the teat of DC..

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I'm no expert, but it has seemed to me that he's keeping his powder dry, building name recognition, etc.

Like Ali's Rope-a-dope, he'll let Hillary keep swinging till she's low on cash. Then Pow! Right in the kisser. Presidential, highly professional ads to give the fence-sitters and nose-holders "permission" to get out and vote for him. And all the while, "independent" advertising blasting Hillary on her last several sordid decades.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's certainly not zero.

CNN

Trump, on the other hand, hasn't bought any television advertising since early May, when he spent a small amount for ads in Indiana and Nebraska.One of the super PACs supporting his candidacy joined the ring on Monday, announcing a $700,000 buy contrasting the two candidates' handling of national security threats. Another group recently spent $1.7 million on an ad critical of Clinton. That buy was on national cable and didn't focus on the key states that typically decide the November election

Trump seems to have questioned whether TV ads worked anymore. This may have put him at a disadvantage.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I believe the cnn refers to the GOP primary...

that is over, this article is reporting on the Presidential election...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

You can bet that they will spend when they feel the time is right..

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

I believe the cnn refers to the GOP primary...

that is over, this article is reporting on the Presidential election...

Youy are right, in regard to TV ads. For internet, Trump has spent more. Also, he has not raised anywhere close to what Clinton has raised and as of July 21, he has not much cash on hand from campaign fundraising and Superpacs.

FEC Filings Clinton and Trump

In June, Trump forgave the $47.5 million in loans he made to his campaign during the primaries. Altogether, he’s put $50 million of his own money into the race.

edit on 9-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

The RNC spent 162 million on Trump. the DNC spent 118 million on Clinton.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

She who gets the most Wall Street $$$ wins?

I thought we were sick of the insiders buying our elections?

Seems after 12 years on this site, hand in hand with both sides of the aisle railing about the influence of the few over the many, it's just set aside in this case cause... Trump?

It honestly baffles me... we almost had 2 outsiders, and should have had the choice between Bernie & Donald...

Too bad Bernie's chance was stolen from him, the GOP establishment is probably reviewing the DNC playbook since their outsider ousting game wasn't quite good enough to remove him from the race...

I want all the lifers GONE.... we have a great opportunity to start this year...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

She who gets the most Wall Street $$$ wins?

I didn;t see that in the graphic. By profession and company are stated. Trump actually got more of a % from CEOs. Clinton got the most from first lawyers and 2nd Homemakers.

We did have a great opportunity, but in regard to trump being a 'great opportunity', I disagree.

I don't find Clinton to be a 'great opportunity' either. But Trump is a deathwish.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

She spends countless millions on advertising painting Trump as the worst human since Hitler, but still, still Hillary refuses to give a non scripted press conference..... She talks transparency, but I've seen very little... All I see is BS propaganda coming out of her camp... I hope people see through her crap

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Trump is a business man, who is also a master of public media. If you look at Hillary Clintons Facebook page and compare it to Trumps you will find that he has over 10,232,500 Likes compared to Hillary Clinton’s 5,462, 530 (as of this writing). Furthermore, he seems to be packing in the people at his speeches by the thousands, when Hillary can barely scape up a few hundred. Why should he spend money?

Not sure where those poll numbers are coming from, perhaps the manufacture of them are one of the things being financed out of that $100 million that the Democrats are so desperately spending.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Maybe Trump is not retaliating with spending that kind of money because he doesn't have the donors. People praise the heck out of him, but nobody wants to put their money where their mouth is.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Trump raised 80 million last month in his first real month as a candidate and 50 million in June. They are doing fine. The MSM is just telling us all it is imploding and there is no way he can win. blah . blah blah....they have said this since last June.

He is waiting. The media keeps saying that he is being trapped but if you look it is not him. The stories are sensationalized and then in 2 days gone. It is all for early polling to look Hillary look good to raise more money. Her issue is that Bernie had half the DNC support and she needs it back.

Trump - 97% Donations and 3% from PAC's
HIllary - 715 Donations and 29% from PAC's

Who is bought and paid for? trump is also trying to get rid of breaks for Hedge Fund brokers. Raise taxes on the wealthy. That is why they are pressing so hard against Trump.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow

I'm no expert, but it has seemed to me that he's keeping his powder dry, building name recognition, etc.

Like Ali's Rope-a-dope, he'll let Hillary keep swinging till she's low on cash. Then Pow! Right in the kisser. Presidential, highly professional ads to give the fence-sitters and nose-holders "permission" to get out and vote for him. And all the while, "independent" advertising blasting Hillary on her last several sordid decades.

I don't think Clinton needs to worry about running out of advertising money. She can count on at least 12 hrs. a day of free advertising on CNN.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hillary's ads and campaign are not working. crowd turnout at her events is abysmal.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There were 171 people in attendance this week at a Rally in St Pete Florida. This is one of the most liberal places in the state and she could only bring in 171 people? Then they photoshopped it to look like more. Same thing in Kissimmee this week. She was in the social hall they have where Trump will be in the Stadium.

Ground game wins elections. Not TV ads. A good ground game. Say what you will about Trump but he is out there 24/7 everyday which some says hurts him but it is exposure.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a minimum of 10 points spread isn't exactly a small effect .

This election is over already.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yeah sure. They're doing it to make Hillary look good. Every time he opens his mouth or steps up to a podium he does that.

Makes Clinton look good that is.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StarsInDust

Oh that's important. Likes on Facebook.
Hey I had a cookie recipe that got a ton of likes on Facebook. Maybe I'll get a show on the food network.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ha ha ha. And the crowd was Photoshop in too. Love that there are people who fall for this. I just love it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Hillary's ads and campaign are not working. crowd turnout at her events is abysmal.

She had it made while Bernie was running, he generated the excitement.
Now the spotlight is on her, nothing exciting going on at all.

Trump just brought in 80million.

According to emails, she sent out a "he can win please send money"
email just a few days ago. They are worried.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join