It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kilig's Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
hey. i've been a lurker for close to 10 years, and as the times we live in become increasingly interesting, i've decided to take the plunge and join. i am from baltimore maryland but moved a little further north into the amish lands of pennsylvania. i go to college in delaware and spend a lot of my time on the small farm that i presently live on.

while growing up in baltimore, i couldn't wait to get out. when i finally moved . . . i felt homesick and missed all the people i spent my entire childhood with. now? now i am just glad i don't live there. it seems like that place as gone completely nuts. i feel like i am on the outside, looking in on some #ed up mess inside a snowglobe.

i know some people probably feel that way on a more broader scale.

anyway hi o/

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kilig

Welcome to the show! Looking forward to your interesting and unique perspective.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. I hope to hear you expand on what's changed since you grew up.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

well baltimore managed to double the entire murder rate of 2015 in only a matter of months in 2016. ever since the freddie grey incident, there seems to be an all out war on police and heightened violence just all around. the people are preaching that they dont want violence with police officers and then there are a lot of people ruining it for everyone by instigating violence with the law enforcement. ive also been noticing that the attention (in baltimore) has sort of went from the judicial system, to police offers, to just white people in general.

the media just has the people so wound up that i am actually going to pass on visiting.

/rant

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

thanks o/ i will try not to disappoint.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yeah, this situation sucks. This nation's been through racial tensions and violence before, and we've mostly gotten past it with social improvements. I expect and hope that happens again. Here's hoping Reverend Martin Luther King's dream prevails in the long run.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

I hope you enjoy joining in on the conversation ~

Things sure have been interesting lately.

top topics

join