It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive New Leak From Edward Snowden Expected Soon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: efabian

Yes i understand that. So how do you plan to decode it? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I think that whatever is in that encrypted file, may set off the famed "false flag" events.

So, due diligence from here forth.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Yes i understand that. So how do you plan to decode it? Just curious.

The "insurance file" is an encrypted archive using AES-256 encryption. To decode it all that is needed is a program capable of opening compressed and encrypted archives and the encryption key. The one I have can decode AES-128 and 256.

EDIT: Due to the uncommon file type, I may need to acquire an additional program.
edit on 8/6/2016 by efabian because: additional comment

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Interesting, thanks for that
I can't imagine how long that would take, a while i'm guessing?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: efabian

I think that whatever is in that encrypted file, may set off the famed "false flag" events.

Pardon my ignorance but what would a file do to set off a FF event?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
actually efabian, would the cia already have a trace on something like this?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: efabian

Pardon my ignorance but what would a file do to set off a FF event?

I would assume they mean more along the lines of it will send TPTB scrambling to find something drastic to divert attention away from the files, while they attempt to take care of said files.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ah yes, that would make sense. Tanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I'll be able to tell after downloading the file which itself is going to take 8+ hours.

One of two cases is possible:

1. The file needs to be decrypted Completely before accessing the info. (may take many hours)

2. The file can be accessed inside the archive manager which will decrypt the internal files individually as you access them. (instant access)

Obviously, case 2 what I hope for. But note that there are going to be thousands upon thousands of documents in there, let's hope they are organized in folders once decrypted.

**All this is only viable if the key published by Snowden is the REAL Key.**

Long weekend ahead, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Wonderful send me the file when you're done.

I hope it is the real file, the suspense is growing with each heart pounding moment.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Possibly, the issue is that the way torrent files work is impossible (from a compute power standpoint) for them to trace every single entity that is downloading and broadcasting the file, which in fact is called leechers and seeders respectively. Add to that the fact that they can't open a case for every computer accessing the file, not enough manpower.

Additionally, since the CIA has jurisdiction only outside the US, here the case would fall upon the FBI.

edit on 8/6/2016 by efabian because: additional comment

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This is going to sound crazy but I dont think anything he released, no matter what it consisted of, would really amount to any substantial ..well anything. Honestly I think he could reveal that Clinton, Bush and Obama were in cahoots with aliens harvesting our organs, or soylent green (mcdonalds burgers) are people, or Cern was created to alter the past and change history.

What would the reaponse be? Nothing. Most people, enough people would pretend it away, some would find a way to paint the rest as racists and dirty truthers.

The crazy part is that i do actually think we are past that thresshold.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

In any case, I hope your using internet prophylactics!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

hmm well, i'd be careful, i wouldn't want it to be like a .. hidden key that unleashes Pandoras Box. yikes!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

In any case, I hope your using internet prophylactics!

Of course, I'm running it from a proxy in a non-west country.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Are you certain that you want to do this? Being in possession of those files would be illegal.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If the World suddenly ends, we'll know why.. ahead of time.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: dr1234

These two are thorns in the side of the "cabal".

Having accomplished what, exactly?

Releasing the information that they were spying on millions of people and the DNC leaks... Do you know this stuff or are you just being difficult? The head of the DNC was forced to resign, sure Clinton picked her right up, but if you think they did this right before an election to appear they have opposition, you are crazy and not paying attention.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I Hope you guys memorized the Constitution, they're all sold out. via Snowdens Twitter Acc.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Not to piss on your chips; a few investigative journalists, bloggers and research students will have already done this. With there being no whispers (yet), I suspect the key is for something else and a small audience.

There'd be a rush on to be the first to break the news. Everyone would want to be "the one who broke the Snowden file" for the fame and the ability to dictate the narrative.

I could be wrong. In that scenario, we could expect a media rush of articles and hullabaloo.

Instead, the key seems specifically aimed at one or more persons who will know what it means. It could be file access only to those handful of journalists he's on record as trusting.

Good luck in having a go at it though. If you don't try, you'll never know and it'd be quite a moment to have eyes on access to explosive documents.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join