It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslim woman detained under terror laws after cabin crew report her reading Syrian art book

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

What if you saw something suspicious, would you not say anything in fear of being called a racist? That is scarier to me.

Afraid to not appear racist? Thats the scary world.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am an Irish man and 20 years ago if i left Ireland i was treated as a "terrorist" in every airport i landed at.
The English airports all had 2 detectives standing waiting for "terrorists" going and getting off the plane.
Even before i spoke they had me pulled out of the line and went through my baggage simply because i was Irish and it was humiliating and bloody annoying and this was because i am Northern Irish so i was presumed a "terrorist" ......

I even had idiots feeling the seams in my clothing, the seams!!!!!! What did they think i was carrying and they never, never found anything.
I was not or never was a "terrorist", never but because i was from Ireland i was automatically a threat.

I feel for this woman and all the rest of the peaceful people that are treated like animals because of the way they look, their religion or color.
This world has lost the plot

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Confession: I was on an international flight with my two small children returning to the US and I was sitting next to a person that looked Middle Eastern, and didn't speak English, but French. Not uncommon for a flight like this. I didn't even care until he pulled out his laptop. I have a MS in Homeland Security and Global Criminology from an Aeronautical University, and have prior AF experience that includes cartography and software to track flights / air spaces/ MOAs etc... I truly became scared when he pulled out his laptop and started plotting OUR flight on some seriously professional (read: expensive) mapping software on a fairly #ty rig. I was a little surprise that he even knew what he was doing, this was not some Google Earth BS. The part that bothered me was that OUR destination was Atlanta NOT DC. He had it change course on his chart as I sat there a little wide-eyed. I became physically sick, could also have been motion sickness, the heat, and the smell...(B.O. in Europe in general is uh...strong) Did I discretely tell the stewardess who offered to move us to different seats? Yes. Did she tell the Air Marshal? Probably. Did anything happen? No. They probably ran his creds and he was clear. OR worst case, he changed his mind. MOST likely he was a student or ATC guy goofing around wishing he'd paid a little extra for a direct flight instead of getting stuck next to two small kids!

You never know. Some people are fairly ignorant about these things but even the "pros" like me get spooked. I would have liked to talked to the lady in the story, as I LOVE art from all over the world. Art created in crisis situations is especially unique. Assuming, she spoke English or French and was in the mood for a chat with ME!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OMG that's crazy!!!!!!!!!! I need to study your country again when I get the time. I have been to Limerick for a week and traveled all around. I do know tat a lot of drugs are shipped to Ireland from Canada via the post. Sorry that happened to you!

a reply to: Redback

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I see it the same way you do, Majic.

There is some, well disturbing isn't too strong a term, art in that book...

I think it was something of an over reaction, but wrong conclusions are easy enough to jump to. I hope she got a heart felt apology, at least...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I applaud their vigilance - always better to be safe than sorry - but really it's a waste of time.

They can hit us anywhere, anytime. Because they are hiding in plain sight.

Thanks to the globalists' fantastic plan of mass immigration from the Middle East and Africa since the end of WW2.

"Oh wait...aren't their societies marred by bloodshed and violence? Oh well, too late now that we've immigrated 7.6 gazillion into our country. Onwards and upwards, what. Tickety boo."

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
OMG that's crazy!!!!!!!!!! I need to study your country again when I get the time. I have been to Limerick for a week and traveled all around. I do know tat a lot of drugs are shipped to Ireland from Canada via the post. Sorry that happened to you!

a reply to: Redback

I hope you enjoyed Limerick and didnt start drinking like the locals??????

Back in the 80s was a hard time to travel for me and like i said it was embarrassing being pulled out of a line, just one person, ME.lol and i mean every time i flew alone.

After reading your post above i can understand how you must have felt on that flight and i think you had a right to be concerned over the laptop but a woman reading a book is beyond a joke in my eyes.

I hope you get back to lovely Ireland at some point, it is nice now since all the fighting has stopped

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
I am an Irish man and 20 years ago if i left Ireland i was treated as a "terrorist" in every airport i landed at.
The English airports all had 2 detectives standing waiting for "terrorists" going and getting off the plane.
Even before i spoke they had me pulled out of the line and went through my baggage simply because i was Irish and it was humiliating and bloody annoying and this was because i am Northern Irish so i was presumed a "terrorist" ......

I even had idiots feeling the seams in my clothing, the seams!!!!!! What did they think i was carrying and they never, never found anything.
I was not or never was a "terrorist", never but because i was from Ireland i was automatically a threat.

I feel for this woman and all the rest of the peaceful people that are treated like animals because of the way they look, their religion or color.
This world has lost the plot

20 years ago that was the standard procedure, and let's be honest, there were also procedure's pre embarkment in Northern Ireland at both seaports and airports..for everybody. Even now, ferries from Dublin and Belfast and elsewhere have pre embarkment security checks on a Ad Hoc basis, and I'm sure the Engish and Welsh and Scottish ports will have their security..that has never gone away, never likely to.
However that is not the issue here, somebody/staff on the flight was making observations, however the flight landed safely without incident, which meant another criteria had taken over, that of a 'potential' terrorist in the country according to? The police just can't ignore that.
Is there anyone at fault in this case? that's could be something for the airline to address, and perhaps the lady herself, there are no easy answers other than people doing their own parts correctly, according to what should be correct.
There was the other recent case of an incompetent airline dumping a passenger off a plane because he had a beard, and that scared somebody, how rational is that? and that's the airline itself not security.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We've had terrorist attacks because people who could have said something, didn't for fear of ridicule.

Now we have people say something. . . . and they get ridiculed.

I'd say more, but I like this place and don't desire getting banned.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
We are living in one of the safest periods in history. Yet because of media which always focus on the negatives. People have been brainwashed to think the contrary. I think this news report is a prime example of that. The clear majority of muslims are peaceful 99.9% of them. There are 1,500,000,000,000 muslims in the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GirlHolidays

Lol 1500 billion?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
a reply to: GirlHolidays

Lol 1500 billion?
Obviously a conservative estimate, some say it's closer to 2,000 million billion.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes we had separate security checks 20 years ago but my point was, it was always and i mean always me that was pulled form the line, maybe i just looked like a terrorist or maybe it was because i was traveling alone but whatever the reason it was wrong in my eyes.
It literally felt like they knew i was getting off the plane and were waiting for me.
You can say they were doing their jobs but they got it WRONG every time so they werent that good at their jobs, i often wondered how many shady characters passed through without the checks as they were dealing with me!

There is 2 ways of looking at this, was the cabin crew correct about calling this woman a potential terrorist after this woman passed through all the security checks, had her bags go through the x-rays and even herself go through them which she obviously cleared??????? but this cabin crew thought they knew better, our governments wants all of us sticking our noses into other peoples business were it does not belong.
Is the cabin crews now trained how to spot a terrorist or is it that they fear "muslims" just because they look "muslim" and in my eyes that is wrong, as you said yourself the other case of the guy who had a beard was kicked off his flight because the cabin crew were afraid of said beard.

The other way of looking at it is, that cabin crew might have been correct and the lady is a terrorist and it is in their rights to make judgements on thier paying customers but then that leads us to, were does that end, will we all be a potential terrorist because of how we look, what we are reading or how we dress!

Cabin crews are getting out of hand in my eyes, those 2 people passed all the security checks, they paid for their tickets and they should be treated as paying customers, not treated like a terrorist because of what they look like.

Our governments have everybody running around believing the person next to us is a terrorist while it is our governments who are causing the worlds problems. Ironic, i dont know!

Our governments plans are coming together nicely.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GirlHolidays
Yet because of media which always focus on the negatives. People have been brainwashed to think the contrary. I think this news report is a prime example of that. The clear majority of muslims are peaceful 99.9% of them.

I am glad someone else can see the bigger picture

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is exactly what these radical Islamic terrorist want. They want spread fear in the minds of everyone so that innocent muslims are targeted and they can use their outrage as an excuse to brainwash them into terrorism.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Another story of more people being bullied because of their color and as Sakina says herself, why where the people that accused them of being terrorists not questioned themselves for wasting police time but hey that is ok in these times:
www.buzzfeed.com...

It will soon be that everybody is a terrorist until proven otherwise, the world has gone nuts

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Just check the facts - she was questioned for 15 minutes. 15 minutes! - that's less time than I, as a white Brit, get questioned every single time I make a routine flight from the UK to the US. Sticking the words "detained" and "terror laws" into the headline is just clickbait. Nothing to see here - no story.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Not to sound like I'm trying to pin all this on you, but a collective voice lately sounds like this:

Muslim treated unfairly by media! When are people going to wake up? Not all Muslims are terrorists!

Muslim treated too leniently by the media! When are people going to wake up? Islam is a Religion of War!

Putting a label on anything, or anyone, accomplishes one goal; to increase the aggregate perception of division among those in discussion.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Removed Spam

edit on 8/30/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join