It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslim woman detained under terror laws after cabin crew report her reading Syrian art book

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sorry, but every time I get on a plane, and an obvious Arab also boards the plane, there are a series of unspoken head nods that go around (especially in first class), that basically translate to "If this guy tries anything, we are all going to jump him like a pack of dogs on a ham bone"....

Is it racist? Yes.

Do we care? No.

It is what it is. And so far, every time, the guy turns out to be fine, just another passenger, and all is well. Nobody does anything to make the guy feel uncomfortable. He's simply going to be constantly observed.

But after 911, it simply doesn't matter. We don't give a damn about profiling. We're simply going to stay vigilant. Whether you like it or not.

This book reading would NOT have triggered any action though. Not on my part. That's a bit overzealous I think. Although, I might be tempted (given the book contents) to say a few words in passing, a gentle recommendation that maybe it isn't appropriate plane reading material, perhaps she'd like to read bomb-making 101 to be less conspicuous?
edit on 19-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Removed Spam

edit on 9/20/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join