It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to tell if your phone is tapped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its very easy, well first your phone gets all phucked up, static and works intermitently, so you call the phone company, they say your phones perfect, so you ask for a supervisor, she puts you on hold for a long time, and transfers you to another department, then your call gets disconnected. so you call back, but the phone company has no record of any of your previous calls to customer support.

after a few days, you get served a court supeona to appear in fed court for hacking that company you hacked a few months ago,.

thats how they do it, they lie to you - go with your gut feeling. it always knows whats going on.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have heard that there are numbers that you can call and if your phone really is tapped then the number will be busy and if your phone really isn't tapped it will not be busy. Do you know any information on this ?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
your dealing with the feds, man they got all the power, the money, if they want to get you - they do it, you cant detect #, they got all the toys, ALL THE GOOD TOYS, plus your telcom company or isp will give up all the info on you if they get served, trust me dude, trust me on this on.

everyone thinks they are bullet proof, i did, until i got that knock on the door around 10:00 pm and wella a guy hands you a stack of papers that sez you gosta be in some other staes fed distric court or else big daddy will come and get you - trust me - it sucks

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the phone company controls the game, get it? its their system, their lines, they control the vertical they control the horizontal, get it, -

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Tapping is so easy ...and so easy to prevent.

Info for those interested

www.tscm.com...

www.phoneguard.com...

www.thespystore.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I have heard that there are numbers that you can call and if your phone really is tapped then the number will be busy and if your phone really isn't tapped it will not be busy. Do you know any information on this ?

I have hear that one as well, but then again don't know if it's true,
I had a cop tell me once that you can't really tell if your phone is
being intercepted or not.
I imagine with the technology today, you would have no idea

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I believe there is a variety of equipment that can determine if your phone is tapped either by hooking the two up or scanning it or monitoring a conversation.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by javadude
they control the vertical they control the horizontal, get it, -

thats from those videos made wit the sims called The Strangerhood made from the same people who make Red VS Blue

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

thats from those videos made wit the sims called The Strangerhood made from the same people who make Red VS Blue

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Any taps done by the government are undetectable, unless you have a friend at the phone company. The "Feds" will go to the local phone company, and have your line "split". They then route the split end to where ever the government/local police want it to go. The actual wire tap devices that used to be popular with the mib before everything went digital will only be used by the little perverted phone phreak, or a sleazy private eye. These will usually be found on the junction boxes beside your house, or in the local trunk can ( green telco box). This is the best place to monitor from. If you use an induction coupling, there will not be any static/line degradation.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

your dealing with the feds, man they got all the power, the money, if they want to get you - they do it, you cant detect #, they got all the toys, ALL THE GOOD TOYS, plus your telcom company or isp will give up all the info on you if they get served, trust me dude, trust me on this on.

everyone thinks they are bullet proof, i did, until i got that knock on the door around 10:00 pm and wella a guy hands you a stack of papers that sez you gosta be in some other staes fed distric court or else big daddy will come and get you - trust me - it sucks

Probably shouldnt of been breaking the law then.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crispy

Actually it is ripped off from Rod Sterling's "The Twilight Zone".

[edit on 1-27-2005 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Nope. It's from "The Outer Limits"*

And I agree with Karaya. If you are breaking the law, vanalizing private property, then you shouldn't expectations of privacy.

*"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits."

[edit on 27-1-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In Holland last week, some police-detective really goofed up in the news, he had put digital taps on his harddisk on his SHARED KAZAA DIRECTORY!!!
, so that he could access them / work from home as well, not considering the rest of the world might see them...

The taps were about a huge investigation regarding a professional human smuggling network and also the taps revealed names of his fellow agents working on this case, i guess it's early christmass for our Mr. Kazaa...

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

Xon

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here is the truth. You cant tell if it is well done. Like this toy trapping you can find out but what the gov do you cant tell, you never know if it is trapped or not. I have equitment to listen to other peopels whireless phones, baby monitors and mobile phone whit out they know or can find out. All you need is a good scanner and some info how its done.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by groingrinder

Nope. It's from "The Outer Limits"*

Really? I could have sworn that it was form the x-files!

Oh wells. Back on track....

I thought back in the day you could hear clicking, and that's how you knew you were tapped. Of course I got that idea from the movie The Net, but they could still just listen on a handset, sitting on your telephone poll, and you would NEVER know

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xon
Here is the truth. You cant tell if it is well done. Like this toy trapping you can find out but what the gov do you cant tell, you never know if it is trapped or not. I have equitment to listen to other peopels whireless phones, baby monitors and mobile phone whit out they know or can find out. All you need is a good scanner and some info how its done.

So true. Gone are the days of the twisted pair analog click and bang system.

How many have cordless phones?

How many have cell phones?

How many use Wi-Fi?

Anything wireless, digital or analog modulated can easily be monitored. No connection needed.

Remember that the next time your on your cell or cordless!!

Cheers!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i was in the process of getting a divorce and hubby had to move out. well hubby knew everything i was doing. i spotted his car at the location i scheduled just that morning to meet later on in the day. i began to wonder.

then my cat got missing. i could hear my cat inside the house but outside the house nothing. i again went around the house and noticed the door that led under the house. it was locked from outside. when i opened the door my cat appeared which prompted further investigation. there underneath cardboard boxes was a simply radio shack voice activated recording device. simple.

i called the telephone company they put me through security; security in turn ran a scan of the house. they can tell if you have 1,2,3 lines, recording devices, etc.

in summary, he was listening to our conversation and removed the device before "whomever" arrived.

i'm sure today's technology is much improved for the average joe but the PTB it get complicated.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There is another way to listen in, no wireless receiver required.

Using an infrared laser, all you need is to point that puppy at a window or door and let the vibrations from the sound in the room to be monitored be picked up by the laser. Wala...no receiver required.

Cheers!!!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by RFBurns]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by RFBurns]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join