It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump drops out, Clinton indicted, elections suspended. Could it happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm seeing on my Google News page a raft of articles about the possibility of Donald Trump dropping out of the race. I take this as propaganda designed to plant seeds of doubt in people's minds regarding Trump.

Then there's Assange and Wikileaks claiming that they have dirt on Clinton that'll get her arrested and maybe even indicted. We all hope that happens but acknowledge that it's likely a pipe dream.

But, what if both candidates are removed from the race before November? What happens, then? Could we see the elections postponed/cancelled and our current Commander-in-Chief hang on to the throne for as long as he can? That would fit into the opinion that lot of people hold that Obama won't give up the throne very easily.

If it happens, just remember you read it first here.
edit on 2016 8 03 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

So, what if both candidates are removed from the race before November? What happens, then?

Then Gary Johnson and Jill Stein stand better chances of winning.

I doubt there is a law stating that the Democrats and Republicans need to deliver a candidate for the election to proceed.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
I doubt there is a law stating that the Democrats and Republicans need to deliver a candidate for the election to proceed.

No, there is no such law. But what has the absence of relevant law meant to this administration up to this point?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: DupontDeux

No, there is no such law. But what has the absence of relevant law meant to this administration up to this point?

Well, then there is the presence of laws then. The constitution and its interpretation.
Congress could postpone a federal election, but the president cannot.

A 2004 Congressional Research Service report concluded that "Congress could pass a law to reschedule elections in times of emergency or other extenuating circumstances."

So I suppose it could happen, but it would have to come from Congress, and it would have to be pretty much unanimous, because if one side alone tried to suspend the election they would be slaughtered by the voters come (the eventual) election day.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv Certainly Trump dropping out could have happened at any time during the season so far and remains a possibility when he finds another squirrel to chase. And Clinton will only go kicking and screaming "NO, No, No, Not me, I am the first woman blah blah blah.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Trump could drop out but Clinton will never get indicted so...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Both parties would just have rules committee meetings and nominate two new candidates.
edit on 3-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

And then Rand Paul can be appointed POTUS.

Yay!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, with WW3 brewing you guys honestly need a better leader than the two leading options at the moment.

You and the rest of the world needs someone who can RE- friend Russia, keep China in line, crush North Korea all while readjusting our capitalist system to focus on local economies instead of profit for profits sake.
edit on 3-8-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
You be the rest of the world needs someone who can RE- friend Russia, keep China on line, crush North Korea all while readjusting our capitalist system to focus on local economies instead of profit for profits sake.

Well, Macho Man Randy Savage is dead so I guess it is going to be one of these two ding dongs.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Well, with WW3 brewing you guys honestly need a better leader than the two leading options at the moment.

You and the rest of the world needs someone who can RE- friend Russia, keep China in line, crush North Korea all while readjusting our capitalist system to focus on local economies instead of profit for profits sake.

Sounds like Ron Paul's platform from four and eight years ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then we're all doomed.

DOOMED I tells ya

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well as I have said before the old conspiracy theory (can we talk aboiit those on this site???) that Obama would somehow suspend next elections and stay in charge is only now beginning to feel like a real possibility .

I won't even go as far as saying obammer planned this or not just seems like we are lucky If we make it to Jan/feb whenever inaugural date is without a full civil war.. Which would also keep him on power....
I see them all as puppets so I don know why election would postpone becaus they will follow the script but you are right it seems more likely This year than it ever has before .

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I'm failing to see how it feels like a real possibility.

If Obama attempted it just because the two parties didn't have candidates, the Joint Chiefs of staff would remove him from office.

As Mr Masonicus said, the republicans and democrats would just choose two new candidates to represent their parties, and as was already mentioned Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are still running.

There is no law that says a republican or democrat must be on the ballot. In fact it is in America's best interest that neither party is represented in the election, however unlikely it may be. I can hope and dream though.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is all happening because you guys didn't pray enough! I hope you're happy!

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The man is a baby, because he is messing his campaign up royally, and making an ass out of himself(whether your a democrat or republican you have to see this or your blind). Now suddenly the race is rigged, and blah blah blah. No Trump you are just a Narcissistic, self absorbed idiot and you sir are losing the race yourself.

If he does drop out this will just prove even more how unfit he is for presidency, quitter, and no follow through. Take all that money from the people who still back you and quit. Nice Job Trump!!!!

Also, if the man has to ask why we cant use nukes.....think about it people.

edit on 3-8-2016 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 3-8-2016 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
No Trump you are just a Narcissistic, self absorbed idiot and you sir are losing the race yourself.

Narcissistic, self-absorbed idiot.

My, sounds like you could be talking about Hillary Clinton, as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
We are 3 months from the election. No matter what some one leaks on the internet, it would take months just to begin an investigation. Zero chance of indicted in that little time. And in both cases the Parties would replace them. Of the other two Johnson is at least in the ballots of all 50 states, Stein is only in about half the states. And Obama is ready to go, you can see it in the way he talks about it. He is off to make millions giving speeches and writing a book.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Trump drops out, Clinton indicted, elections suspended. Could it happen?

Yes and no. The current President HAS to leave office. Including the Vice President . The Speaker of the House would then take over , until a President could be duly elected.
Unless dumba** declare Martial Law before he has to leave.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh please do not say things like that . . . it could actually make things worse than the current dismal situation. While Obama COULD try to enact some emergency action to remain in power (welcome chancellor I mean emperor Palpatine um I mean Obama) he would much like Palpatine also need Congressional approval and does not currently have the support. But for that to even happen there would have to be no candidates on the ballots at all. Currently there are to major candidates (primary parties) and two major independent candidates (Johnson and Stein) and several minority parties I can't even think of right now. However, what this (Clinton and Trump leaving race) would really accomplish would be to allow the Democratic and Republican parties to appoint whomever they truly wanted. At which point the Dems would probably appoint either Biden (who would "take one for the team") or Warren (gods help us all), and the Reps would likely appoint Ryan or demons forbid the third Bush.

So as I stated . . . please don't say such things. Saying them could in some reality make them happen, and then in that reality they would be pissed at us and come nuke us out of spite.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join