It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama paid Iran $400 million ransom for American hostages: report

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Somewhat related...apparently the video Trump mentioned about the ransom payment IS real.

FoxNews

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
you republicans will believe anything....how gullible can you get.....I guess that is what trump is counting on

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

A 13-minute Iranian documentary video report on the January 2016 prisoner exchange between Iran and the United States and the payment of $400 million in cash to Iran as part of the settlement of a claim that was before the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal.

I can't verify the description, because it is not English. But it looks legit.
Does anyone speak Arabic?
At about 7:55 and again at 11:03 it shows a plane, and what appears to be a huge pile of money. Could this be the ransom?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Oddly, one of those detainees we American taxpayers "paid" Iran to release is staying in Iran!!!!!! He went back to his apartment and opted to continue living there!!!!!

Very little is known about him. His name is Nosratollah Khosravi-Roodsari.

Three of the others are: Jason Rezaian, Marine veteran Amir Hekmati and Christian pastor Saeed Abedini.

Also, note that Iran, after receiving our money for the "prisoner exchange" detained two more Americans. I will assume that when the next installment comes due, Iran will use these other two as leverage.

Also note that Obama made a settlement with Iran. This case had been in the courts for 20 years. Suddenly Obama decides to settle it?? Saving American taxpayers money??? Really??

Who is Obama?

it was THEIR MONEY!!...can you read English, or can you take 5 minutes to do some research on it.....geez....I feel like I'm in a bizarro world of stupid people.........

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Nobody disputes that. Can't you read? But, releasing these frozen funds has been in dispute.

There is almost 2 billion of Iranian financial assets frozen in the United States.

The argument has been that they should be held as compensation for the victims of Iranian state sponsored acts of terrorism. This dispute has been going on for two decades. Our own Supreme Court agreed that these frozen funds held by us should be used to compensate the victims of the 1983 bombing in Beirut.

The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday ruled that almost $2 billion in frozen Iranian assets must be turned over to American families of people killed in the 1983 bombing of a U.S. Marine Corps barracks in Beirut and other attacks blamed on Iran.

The court's 6-2 ruling dealt a setback to Iran's central bank, finding that the U.S. Congress did not usurp the authority of American courts by passing a 2012 law stating that the frozen funds should go toward satisfying a $2.65 billion judgment won by the families against Iran in U.S. federal court in 2007.
www.reuters.com...

Why release $400,000,000 in cash when the SC ruled these funds should go toward satisfying a 2.65 billion dollar judgment against Iran on behalf of the families, especially when we know Iran continues to support terrorists.

Get it!?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What can we expect from someone who traded 5 high value terrorists for a traitor.

Who releases them from jail without a trial. (gitmo)

Who sat by and did nothing during the Green Revolution yet had a hand in over throwing friendly leaders or at least non confrontational ones.

Obama acted stupidly for the last 8yrs.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Great additions to the thread thank you everyone.

I found this today, one hostage witness tells that
they waited to release them till the cash arrived.

Abedini said, “I just remember the night that we’d been in a[n] airport, just take hours and hours there. And I asked one of the…police that was with us, that, why are you not letting us to go to the…plane? And he told me we are waiting for another plane, and if that plane take off, then we’re going to let you go.”

He added, “[T]hey told us you’re going to be there for 20 minutes. But it took like hours and hours. We slept at the airport, and when I asked them why you don’t let us go, because the plane was there, pilot was there, everyone was ready that we leave the country, they said we are waiting for another plane, and until that plane doesn’t come, we never let you go.”

Abedini was then asked, “Were they effectively waiting for the money to come in before they then let you take off?” He answered, “Yeah. They didn’t talk about money. They just told us about the — they told me about the plane. … So, the reason that they said you’re here in the airport is — was just because we are waiting for another plane.”

www.breitbart.com...

Quid Quo Pro!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

You're so right! If this was occurring under the BUSH administration, it would dominate CNN, MSNBC, etc.. and there would be calls for Congressional hearings to consider impeachment and jail time for Bush, his wife and dog!

Speaking of Congressional Hearings, has the GOP House majority grown a spine yet? They wimped out on their Clinton perjury Indictment last month. What powers does Obama and Clinton hold over the GOP? They insult and assault their own Candidate (Trump), but are gutless when coming up against Democrats. I call that being a TRAITOR.

edit on 8/5/2016 by carewemust because: see aboe

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Great additions to the thread thank you everyone.

I found this today, one hostage witness tells that
they waited to release them till the cash arrived.

Abedini said, “I just remember the night that we’d been in a[n] airport, just take hours and hours there. And I asked one of the…police that was with us, that, why are you not letting us to go to the…plane? And he told me we are waiting for another plane, and if that plane take off, then we’re going to let you go.”

He added, “[T]hey told us you’re going to be there for 20 minutes. But it took like hours and hours. We slept at the airport, and when I asked them why you don’t let us go, because the plane was there, pilot was there, everyone was ready that we leave the country, they said we are waiting for another plane, and until that plane doesn’t come, we never let you go.”

Abedini was then asked, “Were they effectively waiting for the money to come in before they then let you take off?” He answered, “Yeah. They didn’t talk about money. They just told us about the — they told me about the plane. … So, the reason that they said you’re here in the airport is — was just because we are waiting for another plane.”

www.breitbart.com...

Quid Quo Pro!

This is important information and does suggest this was a payment to terrorists to release the hostages.
To be honest, why anyone thinks an unmarked plane carrying $400m in foreign bills stuffed into crates the day the hostages are released is anything other than negotiating with and paying terrorists is beyond reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I found this today, one hostage witness tells that they waited to release them till the cash arrived.

Um, he never said such a thing, the FOX news anchor asked him that question, but he didn't answer it.

www.foxbusiness.com...

I highly doubt he is privy to such knowledge anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

This is important information and does suggest this was a payment to terrorists to release the hostages.
To be honest, why anyone thinks an unmarked plane carrying $400m in foreign bills stuffed into crates the day the hostages are released is anything other than negotiating with and paying terrorists is beyond reason.

What was the prisoner exchange then?

What about the case that's been at The Hague since the 80's?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: UKTruth

What was the prisoner exchange then?

What about the case that's been at The Hague since the 80's?

So you think that an unmarked plane carrying cash on the same day the hostages were released is coincidence then? Dream on.
$400m in foreign cash given to Iran (kept secret for as long as possible), a country supporting terrorism. You can try and gloss over it like the bumbling President all you like but it's not going to go away.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Really? This is so news worthy and devastating how and different from any other day? We have been giving the Taliban, Al Qaeda, ISIS, Blah,Blah,Blah, this ME group and that ME group trillions over 15 years. At least this isn't our money.

But we caint do no inferstructure hear. We gotta build up alls thems other places, over there. Some place me and mine will never see.
edit on 6-8-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Kept secret? Nope it was well covered when it happened, I've already posted an article about it in this thread. Not my fault if you choose to ignore it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Let me repeat myself. Iran does not fund ISIS. Why would they? ISIS's core ideology is anti-Iran. Don't people realise this, or are they merely shouting 'MUSLIMS!' loudly and hysterically?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Kept secret? Nope it was well covered when it happened, I've already posted an article about it in this thread. Not my fault if you choose to ignore it.

Yeah no need for secrecy, that's why the plane and the bills were unmarked. How gullible are you

Nice deflection attempt from The US paying a terrorist state though. I wonder how much of the ransom payment has been used to kill Americans?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Let me repeat myself. Iran does not fund ISIS. Why would they? ISIS's core ideology is anti-Iran. Don't people realise this, or are they merely shouting 'MUSLIMS!' loudly and hysterically?

Carry on repeating yourself - you may even one day convince yourself.
Your mistake is separating ISIS from other radical Islamic terrorists.

www.thetower.org...
edit on 6/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Bills were unmarked? This isn't Hollywood junior.

And speaking of deflection, why are you deflecting from the fact that the media covered it when it happened?

The plane being unmarked is conpletely irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Bills were unmarked? This isn't Hollywood junior.

And speaking of deflection, why are you deflecting from the fact that the media covered it when it happened?

The plane being unmarked is conpletely irrelevant.

Junior? I see you resorted to nonsense, which means you have no argument. Thanks

Now let's get back to the news that Obama's administration funded a terrorist state with a ransom payment to free hostages. I knew the guy was weak, but he's also stupid.
edit on 6/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

You're ignoring my arguments, much like a child.

Stop acting like one and I won't treat you like one.

Simple.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join