It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama paid Iran $400 million ransom for American hostages: report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Of course he gave the green light, he's either a p u s s, or incompetent. There's more where that came from, it will just keep leaking out, issue after issue. We already know he sympathizes with every country you should not have dealings with. The most spineless pres. Ever.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Should we be surprised by this?What a chump of a president.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Nobody seems to understand that Israel, unlike Iran, did not sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty, meaning they have no restrictions on nuclear programs. Not that they've needed the MAD option to lay a beating on the Arab states every time they pick a fight.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
To be fair to Iran, they have to do something to get back some of the money still "seized / frozen" by the US government and held by US banks!

It's my understanding that the dispute over the money was never settled because of the takeover in Iran at that time by an illegitimate government. This dispute has been in the courts for many many years. Obama decided to settle because there was a possibility we might lose the case in court. I have big doubts about that assumption.

On top of that, American hostages had been taken back then and held captive for 444 days in Iran. Also, under Islamic theocratic rule, Iran has been a major supporter of terrorism throughout the world. In addition, these last detainees were held for 544 days.

IMO, any monies we held should have been held as compensation for Iran's criminality. Let them pay. But...NO....Obama and his Iranian connected White House advisor, Valerie Jarrett, decided to settle the court case without telling the American people what they were going to do.

Who is Valerie Jarrett?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Notice something about this Washington Post article beside the obvious observation?

This is why Americans are sick of big media. Not only is this unfairly assumptive, but it's downright bad journalism.

In any event, the new revelation brought predictable reaction. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), a staunch critic of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, released a statement: “With the news that the Department of Justice raised alarms about a $400 million cash ransom, the only way this gets worse is if Air Force One made the drop-off. It’s not hard to figure out why the DOJ sounded the alarm because President Obama said it himself: paying ransoms puts American lives at risk and bankrolls terrorism.”

The good news is that when the new president takes office she will have a critical segment of the executive branch (Justice and Treasury) primed to take a tougher stand with Iran. As a former secretary of state, she’ll need to insist — if she really does want to beef up our stance toward Iran — her pick for secretary and other appointed officials get in line with any White House-Justice-Treasury initiatives. It is hardly news that the State Depart

CRAPPY JOURNALISM

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

LOL

They automatically assume Hillary.

They're trying to convince readers the election is already over.

99% of MSM is bought off by the Democrat Party.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

They have all but got it wrapped up, sure they
are figuring out a way to beat DHS at the polls.

I notice, cant be the only one to notice?

No one....NO one cheers when a candidate for POTUS
says raise taxes on the middle class. This, in my mind
equates to paid attendees who are told to cheer for
what ever she says.

She has no real followers!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
dont negotiate with terrorists my butt. this was a ransom plain as day. obama probably sent them a hand written letter of thanks also. what a joke, i would have sent seal team 6 in.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

They automatically assume Hillary.

They're trying to convince readers the election is already over.

99% of MSM is bought off by the Democrat Party.

It's amazing how clueless most of the Mainstream Media is. The past two national elections changed the balance of power from Democrats to Republicans in a big way, all across America. The MSM was totally caught off-guard at how "angry" most of America was, at how Barack Obama is running & ruining this nation.

As working Americans learn more about Hillary's agenda, the rebellion will kick into high-gear again for November 8th. The MSM knows this. They'll try their best to spin the negatives of Hillary's insanely expensive agenda into positives. But thank-goodness most people with a decent I.Q. are capable of getting "the real story" from ATS, FoxNews, and other sources that aren't "in the tank" for Hillary Clinton.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: carewemust

**Assuming he REALLY wants to be President, which many of us are starting to doubt.

what total horse crap..

what on earth gives you the impression Trump doesn't want to be President?

Would you intentionally offend huge cross-sections of American voters if you wanted to be President? Trump isn't stupid, by any means. He sees his support wane, and poll numbers fall, every time he offends someone, but continues to intentionally and publically offend. What group will be next? You think he's done? Donald Trumps pattern thus far says "NO", he isn't.

Donald Trump hammered the U.S.-IRAN nuclear deal hard in every debate and press conference. Now that Democrats have given Iran a $400 million dollar ransom-for-hostages, and increased the danger to millions of Americans working overseas, has Donald Trump condemned this violation of U.S. policy by the Administration, and tied it to the party of Hillary Clinton??? If he has, FoxNews hasn't reported it. (You wouldn't expect CNN, ABC, NBC, USA Today to report it)
-cwm

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Any idea of where the 400 million dollar mark came from?

Well no, but that's what they are admitting to.

I believe they said it was an "out of court settlement" (my words)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: buster2010

I find it quite strange how it is acceptable for Israel to have nuclear weapons, and thus the ability to destroy everyone in the region, yet no one else in the area is permitted that luxury.

Pakistan has nukes.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Good Post!

Somethings definitely off with this

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Notice something about this Washington Post article beside the obvious observation?

This is why Americans are sick of big media. Not only is this unfairly assumptive, but it's downright bad journalism.

In any event, the new revelation brought predictable reaction. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), a staunch critic of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, released a statement: “With the news that the Department of Justice raised alarms about a $400 million cash ransom, the only way this gets worse is if Air Force One made the drop-off. It’s not hard to figure out why the DOJ sounded the alarm because President Obama said it himself: paying ransoms puts American lives at risk and bankrolls terrorism.”

The good news is that when the new president takes office she will have a critical segment of the executive branch (Justice and Treasury) primed to take a tougher stand with Iran. As a former secretary of state, she’ll need to insist — if she really does want to beef up our stance toward Iran — her pick for secretary and other appointed officials get in line with any White House-Justice-Treasury initiatives. It is hardly news that the State Depart

CRAPPY JOURNALISM

Lol!! Hillary!

Too funny in a sick sort of way.

"Insist" that's another funny one.

Hillary insists she wasn't secstate at the time of the money for hostages drop. lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

They have all but got it wrapped up, sure they
are figuring out a way to beat DHS at the polls.

I notice, cant be the only one to notice?

No one....NO one cheers when a candidate for POTUS
says raise taxes on the middle class. This, in my mind
equates to paid attendees who are told to cheer for
what ever she says.

She has no real followers!

It was pointed out after Hillary and Bill finished their 7 state post-convention luxury bus tour, that less than 1,000 people showed up at her stops to hear regurgitations of that "Stronger Together" fairy tale... less than 1,000 people at all stops COMBINED.

You're so right, BurnTheShips... there are very few TRUE Hillary fans. She was jealous as hell over Bernie Sander's appeal, and directed the DNC to break rules of morality and decency to stop Bernie.. at any cost. It worked!

If Hillary becomes _______________ (can't bring myself to say it!), she'll renege on her so-called agreement and give Bernie the "bird", because she's still jealous of his charisma. Even Bill Clinton can't stay awake at Hillary's events, LOL.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

No, it was a prisoner transfer.

The money paid to Iran was from 1979, it's been at tribunal at The Hague since 1981...

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Britguy
To be fair to Iran, they have to do something to get back some of the money still "seized / frozen" by the US government and held by US banks!

It's my understanding that the dispute over the money was never settled because of the takeover in Iran at that time by an illegitimate government. This dispute has been in the courts for many many years. Obama decided to settle because there was a possibility we might lose the case in court. I have big doubts about that assumption.

On top of that, American hostages had been taken back then and held captive for 444 days in Iran. Also, under Islamic theocratic rule, Iran has been a major supporter of terrorism throughout the world. In addition, these last detainees were held for 544 days.

IMO, any monies we held should have been held as compensation for Iran's criminality. Let them pay. But...NO....Obama and his Iranian connected White House advisor, Valerie Jarrett, decided to settle the court case without telling the American people what they were going to do.

Who is Valerie Jarrett?

Wrong in fact the supreme court said it was legal when Iran took the case to them. The court case was settled and Iran got no money in fact the money was used to compensate amaricans from lawsuits they filed against Iran for Beirut bombing. So the money was gone the payment was made by treasury using taxpayer money. So I guess when our taxes go up thank Iran for receiving g what 1.4 bIllinion total I believe.
edit on 8/5/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Iran: $400 Million in Cash Was Part of ‘Expensive Price’ to Free U.S. Hostages
New Iranian television footage shows stacks of cash

freebeacon.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Obama has not only allowed nuclear weapons development by Iran, he's funding it.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Could Trump have been right? Propaganda film suggests Iran DID videotape cash-drop plane and photograph shipment of cash during January prisoner swap
February documentary that aired on Iranian state-run TV shows nighttime flight, pallet of cash matching prisoner-swap scenario reported this week
Donald Trump claimed three times this week that he had seen similar footage and that Iran had filmed the cash transfer to embarrass America

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -January-prisoner-swap.html#ixzz4GUApJlZ4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join