It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama paid Iran $400 million ransom for American hostages: report

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: UKTruth

You originally asked about the $400 million, I supplied that.

I said the unmarked plane was irrelevant.

You said unmarked bills, now you're saying foreign currency.

Dunno what else I can say really....

I've shown that the media reported on the transfer when it happened, I don't see the importance in what currency or the type of plane used, but apparently that's really, really, really important to you...exactly how does an unmarked plane change things?

This thread is about the new information that has come to light.
Namely, and once again.

Foreign currency
Cash
Unmarked plane

The method of the payment and the timing is what has created this story and your deflection of the January story is irrelevant. We all know a payment was agreed.

Now, maybe we can discuss the latest revelations instead of deflecting as you clearly can't provide any link that discussed these things in January...
edit on 6/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Now post me the details referenced in the OP on this thread that you say were reported in January.
Specifically:
1) payment in cash
2) payment in foreign currency
3) payment flown on an unmarked cargo plane

and 4) payment at the same time that the prisoners were released, making it obvious to everyone that it was ransom

Senior Justice Department officials raised objections to the U.S. flying the equivalent of $400 million in cash to Iran around the time four detained Americans were released this past January, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
"People knew what it was going to look like, and there was concern the Iranians probably did consider it a ransom payment," a person familiar with the discussions told the Journal.

source

edit on 8/6/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It is now confirmed by Obama's press secretary that Obama knew full well that some of this money could be used for terrorism. This means Obama is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of people by funnelling cash in support of terrorists.

It is also now confirmed that Obama lied through his teeth yesterday when he said Israel now support the Iran deal. he was trying to glorify his horrible mistakes and/or criminal activity. Netanyahu has come out with a public statement today to refute that claim and say they do NOT support the deal.

So as well as Hillary being responsible for the deaths of innocent citizens and being a bare faced liar, Obama has revealed himself as the same. The Democrats of today must be the most treasonous party ever to gain power.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Public Service Announcement

Bickering, name-calling, snark and other off topic remarks end.
NOW!!!!

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You might want to read this.

Sunni Social Media Fumes Over Report US Paid Iran $400 Million In Cash

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
You might want to read this.

Sunni Social Media Fumes Over Report US Paid Iran $400 Million In Cash

www.breitbart.com...

Yep - Obama is seen the world over as either weak or a traitor to his country.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well of course the Sunni aren't going to be pleased with it. We just got done funding Shi'a terror and military efforts in the region.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...but...Obama paid Iran in "cash". Actual, physical money on palettes and bundled up, in the middle of the night, on an unmarked plane, etc., etc.

But Iran's money that we "froze" wasn't physical but electronic. What are you implying Obama did? How did he get physical money from electronic funds? The only way I know of is that we took OUR cash and gave it to Iran and we will keep or transfer the "frozen" funds back to ourselves.

Point being...if we gave them cash as we did...that was OUR money.

That's exactly what he did, he had to change currency from the dollar, or it would have been illegal, link is posted somewhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well of course the Sunni aren't going to be pleased with it. We just got done funding Shi'a terror and military efforts in the region.

The Islamic world knows what Obama is up to, did you read the tweets?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...but...Obama paid Iran in "cash". Actual, physical money on palettes and bundled up, in the middle of the night, on an unmarked plane, etc., etc.

But Iran's money that we "froze" wasn't physical but electronic. What are you implying Obama did? How did he get physical money from electronic funds? The only way I know of is that we took OUR cash and gave it to Iran and we will keep or transfer the "frozen" funds back to ourselves.

That's exactly what he did, he had to change currency from the dollar, or it would have been illegal, link is posted somewhere.

At least it is now fully out in the open that Obama is funding terrorists. No more guessing or theories.

edit on 6/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What is this? Who's brother in law?

“His brother-in-law is Iranian originally,” Abu Omar replied.

Obama has an Iranian Brother in law?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

At least it is now fully out in the open that Obama is funding terrorists. No more guessing or theories.

Absolutely, terrifying

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good summary here:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

ALL the politicians are acting UNUSUALLY irratinonal this year... every last one of them!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

ALL the politicians are acting UNUSUALLY irratinonal this year... every last one of them!

you are right, they are terrified of something and desperate

edit on 6-8-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

A 13-minute Iranian documentary video report on the January 2016 prisoner exchange between Iran and the United States and the payment of $400 million in cash to Iran as part of the settlement of a claim that was before the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal.

I can't verify the description, because it is not English. But it looks legit.
Does anyone speak Arabic?
At about 7:55 and again at 11:03 it shows a plane, and what appears to be a huge pile of money. Could this be the ransom?

Naughty Iranians. That footage of the pallet/pile of money was lifted from a 1991 video. There is a reason why there is a blurred out portion on the top of the pallet.

Original video from 1991 and filmed inside the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington D.C.

See at 6:08 and note the un-blurred part 'THIS SKID ONLY $ 2.560,000'

'Published on 4 Jan 2013 Inside the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington D.C., 1991. The video features the assembly line of printing, cutting, and sorting machines, and the process of producing paper currency with a Koebau-Giori-De La Rue Intaglio Color 8 Printing Press. The machinery operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.'

edit on 6/8/2016 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Bills were unmarked? This isn't Hollywood junior.

And speaking of deflection, why are you deflecting from the fact that the media covered it when it happened?

The plane being unmarked is conpletely irrelevant.

They should have put some exploding dye packs in there too.

Laced with anthrax.

lol!

The media was duped, ya think?

It was not a govt marked plane. It IS relevant. It means it was trying to be hushed up.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What is this? Who's brother in law?

“His brother-in-law is Iranian originally,” Abu Omar replied.

Obama has an Iranian Brother in law?

Gee, he's married to Jarrett too?

Wow. lol!

He always liked iranians best and it shows.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
August 6, 2016

Today IRAN suddenly bans "Pokémon Go".

ref: www.bbc.com...

I've never played the game, but I've read that it can help uncover intentionally hidden truths.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join