It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters polls 12% more Democrats than Republicans to come up with a result of Hillary leading by 5%

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
Hacking An Election: Why It's Not As Far-Fetched As You Might Think

It's much more likely that Trump loses the election fair and square.

Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha
a reply to: butcherguy

Well that makes him a honest speaker from the democratic side, which is rare.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Opinion polls are only pseudo extrapolations; always have been always will be.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So if I don't support Hillary I must be on the Right? I am not on the Right.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Gin

Here's a nice article to go along with that.

Pat Caddell Blasts Reuters’ Back-Rigging Polls to Show Clinton Winning

Indeed, polls can not be trusted at all, just like what happened with predicting Brexit. Better wait for November and see how everything will turn out.

From your link:

“On July 25, they originally reported: Trump 40.3 percent and Clinton 37.2 percent, which was a Trump margin of 2.8,” he said. “They have recalculated that now–which I have never heard of–they changed that data, to be: Clinton 40.9 and Trump 38.4, which is a 2.5 margin for Clinton.”
The July 25 Reuters poll now shows a result that reflects a 5.3 percentage point flip from the previously published results, he said. “Now look at July 26,” he said. “On July 26 they had Trump at 41.5 percent and Hillary at 36.3. That was a 5.2 Trump margin.
Then, in the new calculation, they claim that Clinton was 41.1 percent, Trump was 37.5, and the margin was 3.6 for Clinton. Same poll. Two different results. Recalculated, after you’ve announced the other results.”
“What you get is an 8.8 percentage point margin change, almost nine points swinging from one candidate, based on some phony, some bizarre allocation theory that you claim you know where these people are or you are just leaving them out,” he said. “I actually believe they are allocating them because they are claiming they are really Clinton voters and they are using something to move them to Clinton.”
Caddell said he is confused by Reuters’ motivation.

Pat Caddell is a Democrat pollster. A lifelong Democrat.... and he doesn't like what Reuters is doing.

uhh...no...he isn't

His analysis on polls and campaign issues often puts him at odds with the current leadership of the Democratic Party. He has been criticized by Media Matters for America and Salon columnist Steve Kornacki for predicting negative consequences for the Democratic Party.[9][10] He has called environmentalism "a conspiracy 'to basically deconstruct capitalism.'"[1]

Caddell is a regular guest on the Fox News Channel, and he is listed as an official 'Fox News Contributor'. This has earned him the label of a "Fox News Democrat" by critics such as liberal opinion magazine Salon.com.[1] He has also frequently appeared on the conservative website Ricochet.com discussing politics.[11][12][13]

According to Slate,[14] Caddell was involved in identifying people willing to participate in the 2012 anti-Obama documentary The Hope and the Change, produced by Citizens United.

en.wikipedia.org...

And while Caddle claims he is confused...it's not confusing..so he is lying about being confused or frankly knows nothing about Polling.

They eliminated the "Neither" option..forcing a vote amongst registered voters.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So if I don't support Hillary I must be on the Right? I am not on the Right.

I did not say that you were. I said that many on the Right have already begun to push the conspiracy theory that the election will be rigged because they fear Trump is going to lose the election.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Hacking An Election: Why It's Not As Far-Fetched As You Might Think

It's much more likely that Trump loses the election fair and square.

Correct, but put simply...Trump and his followers are already preparing for explaining the loss due to conspiracy.

I mean really...A literal megalomaniac like trump who spent years claiming Pres. Obama was born in Kenya? Of course it's going to be a massive conspiracy and fraud if he loses...cuz his base can't reconcile reality and neither can Trump's ego.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Great!...Now explain how 8 of the last 10 polls show Hillary winning?
www.realclearpolitics.com...

And I suppose Fox News is also rigging polls for Clinton?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

When I click on the link provided at that site, it shows a screenshot of the polling data.

It shows the poll was conducted by Ipsos for Reuters.

Ah, yes...sorry. I was clicking on the hot-linked title at the top of the article. Need more coffee.

Anyhow, enjoy a funny:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

We witnessed the same thing happen as we came closer and closer to the FBI's announcement about Hillary's emails. It became fairly clear that an indictment was not going to be recommended and the Right began to create conspiracies in order to justify their false beliefs.

It's very predictable at this point.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

And I suppose Fox News is also rigging polls for Clinton?

I would not be surprised to find out that this statement was true.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It may fall into the liberal way of doing calculations but a neo-liberal way of doing it would fit the hidden script going by what we have been seeing in politics . The Jesuit way of by hook or by crook, they are going to win .

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

uhh...no...he isn't

Wait, you might be right.
He would be an honest person.
Maybe he isn't a Democrat.
JK....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
When I read things like this I truly pity those who have a modern secondary education. Most of the curriculum (some exceptions) are rudimentary at best. Reading is at a grade school level in many American High Schools. Most high school students can find Pokeman but can't write cursive. That I am trying to get to is that in your typical high school education, social studies do not teach you to think for your self but merely recite what you have been told to think. Polls are part of that. You want to fit it. You want to be liked so you follow and proclaim your interest to follow the polls that your friends follow.

What I am trying to say is that statistics are manipulated, just like you are manipulated. You read things, mostly on socially interactive sites like Twitter and Facebook, and follow the crowd as you have been taught. Anyone who truly has an education above the rudimentary level knows that statistics are manipulated by the statisticians. The way questions are worded affects the outcome. The questions asked affect the outcome. The order in which questions are asked affects the outcome and yes, the people that are asked affect the outcome. How the people are contacted affect the outcome. Most people are phoned. Most working people don't use a personal phone at work. Those who don't work, answer their phone all the time. Old retired people answer their phones. Young dropouts answer their phone. A one click response on a computer is not a poll.

Polls were originally used to find out where people's minds were at, what their concerns were, and who or what they liked. Now, polls have an agenda. Every poll has an agenda. Politicians will hire polls to raise their likeability. They approve the questions and release the results only if they are good. Pollsters have their own agenda which you can only find out by consistently reading their poll numbers. It's not hard to figure out. Watch the same poll. You will see one number rising and another falling. Next week the opposite is true. One side is always a crisis and the other side is always a blessing just to keep the polls relevant. Most people, (even teenagers) rarely change their view as quickly as the poll numbers show. Those who never change their view have no idea what is going on in the world. Watch Watter's World to see just how dumb the public is. They are the ones who just don't know because they are too concerned about Pokeman so they will just follow who screams the loudest.(The Saul Alinsky effect)

Polls are no longer relevant. Google knows more about you than does any poll.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This isn't how you compare the accuracy of statistical results. In fact, what you are doing in the OP is distorting statistical analysis for propaganda reasons and is one of the leading reasons people don't trust statistics.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

As the saying goes:Just because you're paranoid,does not mean they are not out to get you.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: atrollstalker

I would give you more then the one star for that but I cant .I am not educated but tried to participate in polls over the past few years but the questions lead you to a result that is asked point blank you would disagree with .Its so manipulative these days .Probably always was but it sticks out like a sore thumb now .

ps. I like reading the posts over at Real Climate ....those are real number crunchers and at the top of their game imo

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

How can you even make this assumption, after everything we found out about how Bernie lost fair and square?

Its beyond my mind how can you rationalize and justify every single Hillary's action...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

They're doing it because they know that even when discovered at least half the country will be ok with it. Plus, who's going to generate outrage about it? Not them!

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Ah, yes...sorry. I was clicking on the hot-linked title at the top of the article. Need more coffee.

Anyhow, enjoy a funny:

Did you know there were emails leaked recently that showed the Democrat party and the media colluding to rig the election? Do you remember a thing called Journolist? Ah screw it, you're a clear example of what I stated above.
edit on 2-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

uhh...no...he isn't

Wait, you might be right.
He would be an honest person.
Maybe he isn't a Democrat.
JK....

Find humor anywhere you can...It's much needed this election cycle and frankly I know it's not a good time to be a true conservative. Hope you are surviving it well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join