It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters polls 12% more Democrats than Republicans to come up with a result of Hillary leading by 5%

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Amazing how things are manipulated to reach a desired goal.. I have just about given up on anything I hear about politics and many other things that can have some government driven agenda behind it,

Reuters had a total of 1522 poll participants.

They had 650 Democrats, 496 Republicans and 196 Independents..

So, in their survey 650 out of 1522 is 42.7%. We round it to 43%, that is the percentage of the people polled who are Democrats.

Further, 496 out of 1522 is 31%-are Republicans.

So Reuters has 12% more Democrats than Republicans in their survey, when they know that there are only 3% more Democrats in the population.

So, Reuters over-polled the Democrats by at least 9% and they are claiming that Clinton is leading by 5%. This means that in reality Trump is leading by about 4%.

This corresponds with the latest USC/LA Times daily poll, which shows Trump currently leading by 5%.

LINK
www.orlytaitzesq.com...
edit on Tue Aug 2 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: link added at request of OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Amazing how things are manipulated to reach a desired goal.. I have just about given up on anything I hear about politics and many other things that can have some government driven agenda behind it,

Reuters had a total of 1522 poll participants.

They had 650 Democrats, 496 Republicans and 196 Independents..

So, in their survey 650 out of 1522 is 42.7%. We round it to 43%, that is the percentage of the people polled who are Democrats.

Further, 496 out of 1522 is 31%-are Republicans.

So Reuters has 12% more Democrats than Republicans in their survey, when they know that there are only 3% more Democrats in the population.

So, Reuters over-polled the Democrats by at least 9% and they are claiming that Clinton is leading by 5%. This means that in reality Trump is leading by about 4%.

This corresponds with the latest USC/LA Times daily poll, which shows Trump currently leading by 5%.

Yep, they are throwing everything they can at him.

No shame at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm surprised they even polled republicans!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hey , wait.Those numbers belong to Reuters. They can adjust them any way they want. They can adjust them up or down at will. Being "intellectual property" and all and not subject to scrutiny or fact checking.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
Yup. They even got a globalist shill to say bullsh!t on live tv... It must be serious!

Pulling out all the stops on this one people. Gonna be Trumpy ride.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

If I am not mistaken, those percentages are in line with the number of registered voters compared to party breakdown.

If there is any group that has been under-represented in this poll, it is the independents.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Lol Hillary or Trump... How did you guys let this come so far.

edit on 2-8-2016 by WombRaider69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Where I come from, that's called Stacking the deck in your favour, it is a cheating tactic, usually exercised when all other overt attempts to do things fairly have not yielded the desired outcome for the cheater(s).

Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Here's a nice article to go along with that.

Pat Caddell Blasts Reuters’ Back-Rigging Polls to Show Clinton Winning

Indeed, polls can not be trusted at all, just like what happened with predicting Brexit. Better wait for November and see how everything will turn out.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Where I come from, that's called Stacking the deck in your favour, it is a cheating tactic, usually exercised when all other overt attempts to do things fairly have not yielded the desired outcome for the cheater(s).

How is it a cheating tactic? Polls do not elect presidents. It's just a poll. They can be inaccurate and the results vary widely from poll to poll.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I guess to some naive people, they look at the polls and conclude that they do not have to vote because their candidate is going to lose anyways. Dumb .. but there are a bunch of lazy dumb people in the general population.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Do you have a source??? So we can examine the poll?
edit on 8/2/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Do you have a source???

I believe their source was Orly Taitz.

www.orlytaitzesq.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I believe i found the "source": www.orlytaitzesq.com...

It's from that nutcase, Orly Taitz.

The article claims it is from Reuters, but when you click on the link, it simply reloads the page.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

When I click on the link provided at that site, it shows a screenshot of the polling data.

It shows the poll was conducted by Ipsos for Reuters.
edit on 2-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

From the article:

“On July 25, they originally reported: Trump 40.3 percent and Clinton 37.2 percent, which was a Trump margin of 2.8,” he said. “They have recalculated that now–which I have never heard of–they changed that data, to be: Clinton 40.9 and Trump 38.4, which is a 2.5 margin for Clinton.”

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

Here's a nice article to go along with that.

Pat Caddell Blasts Reuters’ Back-Rigging Polls to Show Clinton Winning

Indeed, polls can not be trusted at all, just like what happened with predicting Brexit. Better wait for November and see how everything will turn out.

From your link:

“On July 25, they originally reported: Trump 40.3 percent and Clinton 37.2 percent, which was a Trump margin of 2.8,” he said. “They have recalculated that now–which I have never heard of–they changed that data, to be: Clinton 40.9 and Trump 38.4, which is a 2.5 margin for Clinton.”
The July 25 Reuters poll now shows a result that reflects a 5.3 percentage point flip from the previously published results, he said. “Now look at July 26,” he said. “On July 26 they had Trump at 41.5 percent and Hillary at 36.3. That was a 5.2 Trump margin.
Then, in the new calculation, they claim that Clinton was 41.1 percent, Trump was 37.5, and the margin was 3.6 for Clinton. Same poll. Two different results. Recalculated, after you’ve announced the other results.”
“What you get is an 8.8 percentage point margin change, almost nine points swinging from one candidate, based on some phony, some bizarre allocation theory that you claim you know where these people are or you are just leaving them out,” he said. “I actually believe they are allocating them because they are claiming they are really Clinton voters and they are using something to move them to Clinton.”
Caddell said he is confused by Reuters’ motivation.

Pat Caddell is a Democrat pollster. A lifelong Democrat.... and he doesn't like what Reuters is doing.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
But dont worry folks, I'm sure they're planning on rigging the election too. So nothing to see here, just move along...
edit on 2-8-2016 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
But dont worry folks, I'm sure they're planning on rigging the election too. So nothing to see here, just move along...

Yes, that conspiracy has already begun to surface. Many on the Right are concerned that Trump is not going to win the election, so they have begun to fall back on the default excuse that the election is going to be rigged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join