It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika -- Is the U.S. Behind the 8-Ball?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Never heard of toxoplasmosis?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The only thing I would add is that I would expect to see the US to start with Yellow fever vaccines.

Yes.

I wouldn't put it past them.

link   

You can tell when you have dengue and Chikungunya, but west nile virus and ZIKA can go undetected unless you have some prior health problems.

And women giving birth have another way of finding it ......

edit on 7/31/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

That's because the ones doing the highest bid for advertisements during the Olympics comes from the US business sector.

So, now you know who own Americas politics, they want their Olympics and they kept US in the Olympics.

Big money talks bs walk and Obama bends over.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Exactly, sadly mothers been infected with ZIKA don't even know that they were infected until the doctors notice that something is wrong with the unborn babies.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Never heard of toxoplasmosis?

I've heard of it. And?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Point is, it's not a new disease.

Spending money seems to equate to caring.

This disease will be used by political entities to push agendas.

Both sides are, yes, but it doesn't negate the fact that it has to be done. If nothing else, mosquito repellant needs to be bought and distributed to those who can't afford it in high risk areas. That takes money. In some cases, money does equate to caring.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I will have to say I find interesting we don't have mandatory vaccination on Malaria and yellow fever yet, no even in my Island of PR.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Probably because there is no vaccine for malaria

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Repellants works, people I know, I went to PR to visit family during the high of the Chikungunya and while it was not a person I knew that it didn't have it, including my family members, my husband, my daughter and me sprayed our selves constantly and we didn't got infected.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That's the kind of President and Congress we have.

Sorry, but Obama has been asking for attention to this matter since February, 2016.

Has he called for the U.S. to withdraw from the Olympics?

No.

And yet we will see a large spike in cases in the U.S. after the games with no real funding package in place. It's going to cost billions more to fight Zika after the Olympics. I am sure all the health industry cronies are giddy with delight.

ETA: Oh, and I do imagine that republicans will take all the blame leading into the November election. It's just another clue that the two parties work together to manipulate elections & line pockets with our tax dollars.
edit on 31-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

And?

I'm not 100 years old, but even in my youth and travels, I never heard of any pandemic that was affecting babies.

If you heard of it you would knew it cause brain damage in fetuses

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

OOPs I forgot about that, yes is not vaccine for malaria just prevention.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Sorry, but Obama has been asking for attention to this matter since February, 2016.

No.

And yet we will see a large spike in cases in the U.S. after the games with no real funding package in place. It's going to cost billions more to fight Zika after the Olympics. I am sure all the health industry cronies are giddy with delight.

If they are giddy with delight, then why have they recommended we not go? That nobody go. Not only because of Zika, but because of the filthy water.

As far as why are we still going... it's money. Of course. And politics. I addressed that I believe in my earlier response to you.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Repellants works, people I know, I went to PR to visit family during the high of the Chikungunya and while it was not a person I knew that it didn't have it, including my family members, my husband, my daughter and me sprayed our selves constantly and we didn't got infected.

Yes it does. But living in a mosquito world, I can tell you I have only found Deep Woods Off to really work. I hate it. It stinks. It's oily, but it works. The other things I've tried doesn't seem to bother them.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The US do have a budged set for babies been born with brain problems so I guess they will fall on that one. I know because is the same budget that my Island in PR have, is been enacted when the first cases of ZIKA showed in the Island.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

No.

If they are giddy with delight, then why have they recommended we not go? That nobody go. Not only because of Zika, but because of the filthy water.

As far as why are we still going... it's money. Of course. And politics. I addressed that I believe in my earlier response to you.

Who recommended we not go? Obama? Congress? Even the WHO has stated that the Olympics should go on while they also recommend that pregnant women not travel to Brazil.

And money...yeah, the money we will spend fighting Zika after the games will be in the several billions.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Heard Victoria secret have a perfume that is also a repellant and is more potent that a lot of the over the counter mosquito one.

I wonder how good it is and at least it doesn't stink.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I've heard Avon's Skin So Soft and lemon eucalyptus are really good repellants. I haven't tried them, but I have heard them mentioned a lot lately.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I haven't tried it. I did try one by Avon everybody was talking about, and it did nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join