It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika -- Is the U.S. Behind the 8-Ball?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Point is, it's not a new disease.

Spending money seems to equate to caring.

This disease will be used by political entities to push agendas.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's just that our open-door immigration policies have enabled viruses new opportunities to spread.

This is the stupidest thing i have read for a while, because disease only are carried by immigrants, its impossible to be carried by tourist, and even less Americans that go around the world and bring it back

#

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sadly here in the US that is will end happening, big pharma and their mosquito killing breakthrough has been pushing for spraying Florida, but the cost to the ecosystem is something that no even my Island wanted to deal with when the virus so far has not killed people like it was been talk about.

Then again the scare of having babies been born with brain problems is a powerful stimulant.

Dengue and hemorrhagic dengue does worst in my Island this days and ZIKA and Dengue are from the same mosquito family.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's just that our open-door immigration policies have enabled viruses new opportunities to spread.

This is the stupidest thing i have read for a while, because disease only are carried by immigrants, its impossible to be carried by tourist, and even less Americans that go around the world and bring it back

#

Don't act like an idiot.

Are you saying that it isn't possible for immigrants to bring in diseases?

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Well so far the only two brain problems children been born in the US from ZIKA has been in Hawaii and NY and both mothers came from south America.

Then again, I expect and increase of babies been born with problems in the US when the Olympics are over and people comes back to the US, that is because I feel that is a correlation of ZIKA and yellow fever vaccine side effect and Yellow fever is a required vaccine for travelling to south America.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

People panic.
people get scared.

Panicked, scared people will accept any foolish idea if it makes them "feel" safer.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm saying that the myriad of people that travel around the world is more likely to spread diseases than the buggy man immigrants of yours and that you defaulting to immigrants just shows... god damn it i wont insult you are not worth it

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I agree and that is one of the way the big money pushers exploit when it comes to created pandemics.

Scare people with the side effects of a pandemic and then show them statistics that really are very small but the ifs and don's makes people itchy.

Wait when the people that went to Brazil comes back with ZIKA and women starts having babies with brain problems, they will blame it on ZIKA but not on side effects of vaccinations and ZIKA.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This link also has a video on Florida officials going from door to door, reminding folks to check for standing water.

Florida neighborhood now ground zero for Zika in U.S.

July 30, 2016, 6:35 PM|A South Florida neighborhood is now ground zero for Zika in America. Officials believe four people who tested positive for the virus were infected close to home. There are renewed calls for Congress to return from vacation and pass an emergency funding bill to prevent the virus from spreading. Marlie Hall shows us what officials in Florida are doing to fight Zika.

www.cbsnews.com...

My plan: Stock up on Deep Woods Off.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I was being nice. Was that a mistake?

You are very important to me. The last thing I want is to see a post from an ATSer that goes:

"Well ... I've been infected with Zika. There's no cure. So, I'll be updating the boards periodically as I spiral down and leave a big hole in the people's lives who have come to know my posts."

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes! I'm hoping for a very cold winter in the south. We didn't have one last year, and the mosquitos and fleas and all those little demons are in abundance this summer. Satan's spawn I tell ya!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly.

For a disease that was identified 70 years ago, it does seem overblown.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I live in the south, my husband sprays the back yard all the time, that is because we get in this time of the years the afternoon showers daily, we also get the county sprayer coming around every week.

I think its common sense to check your standing water after rain.

After all the south no only will have to deal with ZIKA but west nile virus, Dengue, Hemorrhagic dengue and Chikungunya all of them are from the same type of mosquito.

You can tell when you have dengue and Chikungunya, but west nile virus and ZIKA can go undetected unless you have some prior health problems.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Honestly, when I saw your post I was surprised. I've read your posts for years and have found you to be more broad-minded than what you wrote. You've made up for it now.

*liw feels warm and fuzzy*

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yes, but back then, the link to brain problems in babies was not in the radar, now is, that is why is making news.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If Obama and anyone in Congress was truly concerned about Zika, they would be calling for the U.S. to withdraw from the Olympics.

There will be a spike in cases after the games are over.

But that's not happening and here's why I think it's not happening: Because Congress can spend oodles more by waiting until after the Olympics when there's more panic to get Zika under control.

That's the kind of President and Congress we have.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Yes, but back then, the link to brain problems in babies was not in the radar, now is, that is why is making news.

I'm not 100 years old, but even in my youth and travels, I never heard of any pandemic that was affecting babies.

Maybe this inoculation is the other factor that is causing it.

Stands to reason that mankind would make it worse.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Have I ever thought about that! Even a group of doctors have shunned our going -- or anybody going. They want to call it off.

But you know it boils down to the same thing every thing comes to -- money.
Oh, poor Brazil, they are so broke, they've spent so much money, they need this. blah blah blah.

It there is one thing our government understands it's money.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I know, but since south America went into the spread bandwagon of mandatory vaccinations for their population in recent years the cases of brain problems born babies has increased after the mothers contract ZIKA.

I posted on another thread the finding by south American doctors about a correlation of ZIKA and yellow fever vaccine, most of the babies born with brain problems after their mothers have zika and the yellow fever vaccination.

I know that yellow fever and malaria are part of the required vaccinations for traveling to south America, but no in the US.

So people will get sick with ZIKA while been in Brazil visiting, many will not get any side effects if they are healthy adults.

But side effects have a potential to show when the child bearing women comes back to the US and start delivery babies with brain problems.

Or young males that has been infected pass the virus to their sexual partners, while rare no impossible.

So that is when the administration will step up and say "we have a pandemic" when it reality is not and will never be.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Sorry, but Obama has been asking for attention to this matter since February, 2016.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join