It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the ones that you've let slip through your finger tips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Being the romantic and sentimental one that I am...I like recalling the ones we think, ''what might have been, if only.''
I joined the military wishing none other than to travel, make friends and secure my future in the work force.
Easily mislead into believing that I would make it the good industry,
My MOS (?) calculations gave two choices, chemical war fare or patriot missile launching, lord knows I do not believe in harming at random...
So before, leaving on my big journey I found some green frog cards from the Hello kitty store for to trade info with.
Made so many friends and to this very day...I love my friend...that could of been...a marriage in the mists, Mr. Sid..the dark kid... bright and calm white as night in the beautiful moons ray,
I bless him and his marriage with all of my heart and soul...

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Your posts never dissapoint, Peppy.

That video, "If this is heaven, I need something more." I think are the words. People seemed so disconnected. There, but no way to connect.

Sort of like people online?

edit on 30-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
There, but no way to connect. Sort of like people online?

You've connected with many more on this site than you may give yourself credit for. Not in a bad way ... just what it is.

Star for your post.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra Well, my friendship with sid is through e-mail and his life is sorta hectic... so all one can do is wish for a happy outcome.
The song reminded me of when he and I met, young and innocent... then life happens... so I like to stay connected to innocence and disconnect from harsh realities.
David Bowie sang with the group in the background, little tid bit... hope all is well, take care thank you for your nice reply.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I can identify with many of your thoughts and feelings peppycat. Sometimes it is just important to release those feelings, share them, then the burden or the happiness is shared.

I like it.

Peace and Love

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
Being the romantic and sentimental one that I am...I like recalling the ones we think, ''what might have been, if only.''
I joined the military wishing none other than to travel, make friends and secure my future in the work force.

There have been several for me. I had a part-time job when I was 18 and in my first year as a university student. A few women that I met at that job asked me out. I went on a grand total of one date as a result of that. After the one date (this was about two years after I had quit the job), the woman I went on the date with gave me her phone number and told me to call her. I never did. I was scared of women until my mid-twenties.

Looking back, the women who asked me out there seemed quite great. I have some regrets. But, if I would have gone in another direction back then, it may have ended up for the worse in the big picture.

originally posted by: reldra

Your posts never dissapoint, Peppy.

That's a massive understatement! All praise Peppy!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think I didn't understand all the OP - I don't know what MOS means and am a little lost on the references to chemical warfare and patriot missiles, and "green frog cards"....but if it is on the topic of "ones that got away" in terms of past love relationships, I do have one.

I had a boyfriend who was in the Marines. He was goodlooking, and was such a sweetheart- good man, and could make me laugh. We never argued or anything, it seemed we just flowed when together.
Then he had to go to Japan, for nine months. He wrote me almost everyday, sent pics and gifts, and I missed him.
About three months into his tour a guy stepped into my life who was a master of manipulation- a misogynistic narcissist who seduced me.

Very quickly he had me housing him at my place, and I wrote to my boyfriend to tell him. I broke his heart. By the time he returned, I was pregnant with this guys child. By my eighth month of pregnancy I got up the courage to leave him and live alone. I knew I could not be a good mother if I am being abused and humiliated all the time by this man.

My ex marine showed up, after I had my baby, being as sweet as usual. He visited often. One day we sat in the garden on a swing bench, and he asked me to marry him. He said he would love my child as his own, he was a police officer with a good salary, and would always love me. I don't know why I said no. I felt a lot of guilt about what I'd done to him, and going back to him just seemed like - I didn't deserve happiness after what I had done!

I think I felt I needed to learn to be independent anyway, and not take the easy route, and didn't deserve such a good man.

I often think of him though, wondering.... if I hadn't fallen for the other jerk, made a mess of my life, stayed with that sweet man....where would we be? what would we have been? It kinda hurts still.

This is all strange because I later met another man who has been my soulmate for 24 years and I am happy with. I just.....can't stop wondering about the roads not chosen, and feeling guilty about what I did to that man.
edit on 31-7-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion Thank you for the reply...I don't believe in going to the past and changing things...
In sixth grade a boy asked me to go with him and I was so embarrassed ... it was too much to handle, luckily I moved away... his sister wrote me and I regret loosing contact with her... she was a real friend and I liked her brother a lot...he was real too.
Their mom let me make beeswax candles with them and I asked my mom to buy them so she bought them, maybe twice and they smelled good... my life was a mess... the candles were nice to gaze into and mess around with the wax, during long hours of being alone.
There are other things I recall, but that's the past and you can return in memory...I was just happy that he picked me instead of the super girly ''friends'' if I could write to him I would and see if his life is good and he is happy in love and I would be happy for him.
There are a lot of childhood folks I miss... but I had to move to a different area... it wasn't within my control... besides not many people liked me, nor did I understand anyone anyway... except my good brothers... and a very few female friends.
Blah blah blah...
Thanks for sharing... hope you are well.🎏🎑🌈

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has slipped through my fingers, but a couple let me slip through their fingers - glass half full

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not only lovers have I parted ways, it is friends I had lost any sense of keeping the heart open too... it was like, no one compares to you and, I want you all to myself...I thought only she could understand me... it has taken me so many years to trust that there are other people that are open to comprehending my grasp of language, unspoken gesture on face, hands, arms and legs... feet movements too... we preferred being quiet or so I thought... until, she or myself would have, what we called, ''I'm having a break down..'' crying and yelling about the world and what we absorbed from unkind or mean or rude behaviors...not a nervous break down, just the ability to cry and be unashamed of crying...
Thus, my experience in boot camp and letting love slip through my fingers...
My bunk mate a very intelligent and pretty woman, took me into her good grace... because she was drawn to my crying in front of people, (new experience for me in twenty three years of living) and there were other friends I kept in contact with...I wish we never drifted apart... my life went down hill with issues beyond my control...
A wicked guy wouldn't leave me alone in my work environment and it was all I could do... if you can't best them join them... not sure why I gave up defending my self... he wanted into my space of living instead of sleeping outside or he thought I should live outside as if I'm the other half...rich? No, a workaholic maybe...poor yes...I love living in a home and people on the street throwing curses my way, I'm done feeling sorry for...I had chosen work and will continue to battle the rat race... had a chance at schooling...that is another story of my curse on me for a rant or short story...
So, my thread here brings me to IF ONLY....a song from the movie also a book if I recall,
Holes

edit on 31-7-2016 by peppycat because: t

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I had the best offer I have had in three years on Sunday morning. I had arrived at a taxicab office, to request transport home at about half past two in the morning, to find three individuals, two females, and one male, sitting on a broken wall next to the portacabin construction that was the office itself.

The individuals who sat there, piped up whilst I requested a cab that their destination and mine were like, and it might be wise to share a cab, so that none would be left waiting. I shall describe these individuals to you. Ladies first. One brunette, about five nine, around the forteen stone mark, late twenties, early to mid thirties. One blonde, approximately five four, five five, about eleven or twelve stone, late twenties at the very most, and one lad of approximately six foot tall, fifteen stone, and aged about twenty five.

All of them were drunk as hell, barely capable of speaking without performing a feat of mental gymnastics first, and all of the typical Essex type. They were drinking a bottle of white wine between them when I arrived. Upon discovering our destinations were similar, the trio announced that my name was now Meatloaf, and the blonde proceeded to have the brunette take many pictures of the blonde, and myself, in various, totally unrelated poses.

The blonde wasted no time at all in informing me that she believed my manhood must be huge. I informed her as to the enormous folly upon which she was embarking, dispelling the notion entirely with an anecdote from my past. Our cab arrived, and all four of us piled in, the Brunette lady in the front, the blonde, the tall lad, and myself taking up the right, middle and rear passenger positions respectively. The whole way home, the blonde was pressing me about my manhood, at once believing it to be forty foot thick and possessed of a sentience of its own, then questioning its very existence, and asking whether I would be engaging in autostimulatory behaviour when I got home...twenty yards from my door, she said "Do you have to go home? I REALLY want you to take me to bed".

Of course, being the gentleman that I am, I replied "Madam, we hardly know eachother well enough to exchange phone numbers yet!", and as I exited the cab, leaving the others to the remainder of their journey, "Besides, dinner and a show first mi'lady, dinner and a show".

I actually hate the fact that on the one occasion I have recieved female attention so clear cut in the last three years, it has been from a woman who was so drunk, that she could not decide whether to use me for humour or sex.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hit home on my end - There's only been a handful that slipped through the cracks, but two of them to me stand out.

The first was a cafe worker that was in the same building as me - She was cute, and almost every day we'd be talking. I suspected several times that the head chef was trying to coax me into asking her out even though she had a boyfriend (in his words, the boyfriend was very needy; the chef also told me the girl never had a boyfriend before except this guy, and he felt that I was 3x better than the current guy). Found out she was going to move to Texas because her boyfriend got a job and "would die if she did not follow". They didn't even have an apartment. I should have asked her then...but morals got in the way.

The other is someone I might be waiting for - A long, long time ago, she was one of my closest friends. I suspected she had a crush on me, and Prom kind of confirmed it. She asked me to dance, and due to me stupidly chasing after another girl, turned her down (the girl I was after was only using me to get back at my best friend, who was her "date"). To this day (7 years later), I still regret it. She's going to be going into some branch of the armed services - and if she came back the same, then I may ask her out unless fate finds me a match made to be

-fossilera

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have one story that stands out in my mind, of one I allowed to slip through my fingers... about 8 years ago now, young twenties.

I had a small group of friends, a few of which lived together, which was great because there was always someone at home in their home, always someone to speak to, to hang out with. There was one of these friends in particular... we would spend hours together, just doing whatever. Usually watching anime or funny youtubes, watching each other play games, walking the household dog, going out for sushi (which I dislike, but I was happy to just have a few drinks while he had some lunch.)

He had a drawing tablet and an art program on his computer and I'd leave him little drawings and such if he wasn't home when I visited, sometimes just a pencil/paper drawing left on his desk. Usually just a cute little cartoon animal waving and saying hello.

I remember one night, we were watching back to back episodes of Zatch Bell! and I was falling asleep on his shoulder, I felt magical, haha.

But then, another girl came onto the scene... she was friends with another of the household and completely fixated on, well, my crush, for lack of better word. She was prettier than I, more outgoing than I, more "obvious" than I, and so I just mentally stepped aside and let her zone on in. He didn't seem that interested in her, but she kept pressing him and pressing him, and finally I think they ended up together just because she was so incessant. And thus began the downward spiral. He wasn't allowed to speak to me, even look at me. If he came over to me to see what I was doing, she would go into meltdown mode, go into their bedroom, throw things, bang her head against the wall, screaming, crying.

I felt so bad for him... just thinking about it now hurts a smidgen, haha... they ended up moving to the city, and she broke up with him a month later. Leaving this quiet country boy alone in the city. He made the most of it though and last I heard he was working in graphics and animation, just as he always wanted.

But, I often wonder "what could have been".
And this was quite the ramble. I'm sorry.

Thank you for the thread, Peppy!

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit your better class than that mess... its good to feel attrachtable/attractive though she was drunk but that just let he guards down to feel safe enough to express whatever she thought...I think she likes you... at the same vein... its good to know your attractive from a sober person too...
Ever time I see you drinking, your avatar reminds me of a brotherly friend I know from Scotland and he reminds me of my best friends ex...also a bro...a good looking bunch... but looks aren't the most important in dating...its our smell, and mental health... actions and speech..
Its good to start the scenes with appropriate and polite manners... evident in your writing...i'll look into my crystal ball and tell you love is closer to you than ever before... you just need to be sober and do does she...any tea shops where you live?
May you find a perfect match that compliments your grace and loving nature...a woman likes flowers..potted, these days...everybody is so green and planet conscious... your a good guy and deserve a good friend, confidant and a true lady..I myself am not a lady... more of an urchin...hoping for work in a home, preferably a kitchen or restroom... cleaning this or that... old school stuff.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera everyone will have a correct match..it take faith the size of a forget met knot seed... good stuff awaits.
Thanks for sharing!😇

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci pretty and possessive... scary combination...glad your sweet friend made it out alive!
Every pretty face might be hiding a little monster...I grew up and into a crony/crone, threw away my looks and gender identity... in hope of finding a person that accepts me for me... calm, cool and willing to best/defeat up any man in my path... just kidding..
I love your writing, fiction or non fiction... it made my day...i'm glad to see you and that life is happy and healthy... good and kind..just like you
Thank you! For sharing memories...😍

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That song by Arcade Fire is strange... They met in a movie? How the # would that work. Wonder if hes the last one left in the movie besides the asshole reptilians or whatever they are. If I was in a movie I would consider any love I had left in me after the life full of sabotage still good. Good song though and hopefully your friend didn't get knocked in the head with amnesia. LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
These lyrics I found are a bit weird... Would kind of void toes in the sand over fire with smores on the beach under the night sky.. LOL

"I'm sorry for the times that I made you scream
for the times that I killed your dreams
for the times that I made your whole world rumble

for the times that I made you cry
for the times that I told you lies
for the times that I watched and let you stumble

It's too bad, but that's me
what goes around comes around, you'll see
that I can carry the burden of pain
'cause it ain't the first time that a man goes insane
and when I spread my wings to embrace him for life
I'm suckin' out his love, 'cause I, I'll never be nobody's wife

I'm sorry for the times that I didn't come home
left you lyin' in that bed alone
was flyin' high in the sky when you needed my shoulder

you're like a stone hangin' round my neck, see
cut it loose before it breaks my back, see
I've gotta say what I feel before I grow older

I'm sorry but I ain't gonna change my ways
you know I've tried but I'm still the same
I've got to do it my own way

It's too bad, but hey, that's me
I'm suckin' out his love, I, I'll never be nobody's wife

It's too bad, but hey, that's me
I'm suckin' out his love, I, I'll never be nobody's wife"

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You gotta avoid this thread uh? I have my own ball sack you know... You dumb fcks always trying to avoid me and play games. You know I'm too smart to talk directly with.. I can see this sht from 2 miles away.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Clay888Que? no habla problema? you alright there mr.Clay888 sorry my tablet was destroyed by a ghost and now it is difficult to use a computer.., I shall read your posts...I did not intend to ignore you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join