It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Risky New Nuclear Build Approved By Money Obsessed Idiots

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It was a bit of a surprise.

. . . there was much excitement that construction could begin at last.

The grand signing ceremonies were all set for today until the new secretary of state for business, energy and industrial strategy, Greg Clark, said that he hadn’t actually agreed to the project yet.
www.theconstructionindex.co.uk...

Excited builders. They must be giddy with the smell of cash.
edit on 29 7 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

It flooded 50 feet deep in 1607.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

I'm afraid deep geothermal is a scam here. They drill one hole. Run into problems. Cost goes up. Then you have to drill the second hole. Frack the join. Deal with the radioactivity released if drilling in granite. Then the water runs out of the bottom and it doesn't work.

I was shocked when I discovered deep geothermal is a scam here. The best brains make predictions, it fails, then the best brains make excuses. They get paid then waltz away into the sunset.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You obviously haven't read all my rants about fake renewables.

What do you know about your local active waste vaults?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

yea, well.......of course, you either build a new Nuke facility in a Tsunami prone area, on an earthquake fault or in a Hurricane Alley and of course.........on the coast.

makes perfect sense to me!

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm maybe just looking at it from a Cumbrian perspective.

It gets very cloudy up here for most of the year, which drastically reduces the output of solar panels.

The wind turbine thing, well, I'm sure you know what the lake district looks like, and having those things pop up all over the place really does, to me, spoil the view.

Having grew up in the shadow of Sellafield (and worked there), I know how dangerous those places can be if not run correctly. Sellafield has one of the worst safety records in the world! That plus we are leaving future generations with tons of waste crap.

I just think tidal power has the most benefits.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Bout time the UK started funding additional nuclear power plants. Hope they don't give in to the childish and baseless scaremongering of the green lobby, who are ironically playing right into the fossil fuels industry's hands.
edit on -050011pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Whenever I hear about childish and baseless scaremongering I have to ask what do you know about your local active waste vaults? Do you know enough to be able to actually picture the interior of the vaults in your mind? That would indicate familiarity with the concerns.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join