It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake the Heck UP, America!! GET ANGRY

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Yes, I remember all those good things around the early 1980's . Inflation at 5% or less, savings interest rates at 10%, credit card interest at 15%, private pension plans with employers you stayed with for life. Homes and mortgages that just required one wage earner. A second wage earner allowed the family to buy little luxuries.

Before then, there were green stamp savings schemes. You bought stamps, put them in a book, and then redeem those stamps for a cheque. A safe way to save money. Banks would have little information leaflets showing you much money you could save using compound interest. It was a curve that looked like a rocket launch.

TV used to be good as well - watching any programme would be like a reflection into your own home. They would always have the studios decorated for Christmas and New Year with tinsel and decorations and Easter with eggs and bunnies.

Then all the banks started being public traded, and then the "investors" just kept taking more and more. Savings interest rates kept being cut, credit card interest rates started rising. There was the great crash around 1990, when the economy went into meltdown as everyone panicked about getting onto the housing market, and prices just rocketed. Private pension schemes were raided when the stock traders want to "skim off pension fund surpluses". Then the government wanted their dip as well by removing tax credits for employee and employer contributions. Companies could no longer afford to pay into these schemes and they have been shut down.

Now we have all our traditionally local banks under foreign ownership. It's worthwhile checking for the "major shareholders in XXXX bank". Invariably, you'll find they are Credit Suisse, Santander, Goldman Sachs, Lloyds, and they cross-invest into each other, but the outcome is the same - money gets sucked out away from the customers.

I was in Edinburgh for years before RBoS got into trouble, and I saw what was happening. RBoS directors wangled their way with the council to get permission to build their new corporate campus over a golf course in the Green Belt. This allowed them to move staff out of office blocks dotted across the city and get everyone on one site. The directors actually wanted to buy a second golf course to play on.

Then all the banks started concentrated on "selling services" like loans, mortgages, credit cards rather than saving money. Pension fund management schemes started imposing 40% penalty clauses if anyone tried withdrawing their money before 30 years.

I spent six years battling Clydesdale Bank to get around £12000 in PPI payments refunded. PPI was an insurance scam where they took 10% of the outstanding amount on your account as a form of payment in case you were ever off ill. But since the credit card limit was £1500, the most that would ever have paid was £150, but they took in around £12000.
There's a service called the Financial Ombudsman service, as well as a website called Consumer Action Group:

Great history lesson StormCell!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

if this is your best, then you fit nicely with the crowd whose intelligence is being insulted.

your op will make as much a difference as a Bernie supporter.

try, coherence, sources, ideas, solutions, and what you're doing to help edify those foolish 'masses', besides firmly gripping your keyboard.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My man, dont you see? Those are thr choices 'they' have given us, after convincing 'us' quite thoroughly thay They are in charge, and we Must Voye for a candidaye thats been groomed by them...
Dont get sad, man! Get Angry! This is righteos anger! We have our own option, the most basic right outlined in our constitution: the right yo peaceably tevolt against a tyrranical govt, and to hold the forve necessary to defend thay right. And peple think the 2nd is about guns...
My man, we dont have yo dp what they tell us! America, rome2.0, has convinced her people yhat we need to listen to our govt, instead of them listening to us!!
Since #ing when do we have to try and suck up and coerce govt to do as we wish? How #ing long are we gonna just sit back and say, when they invatiably screw us in the arse, 'oh gee! Welp, nothing *I* can do about govt'
*I* cant change america! WE can!! We have to stand togethet, united, and say'# You, I wont do what you tell me! WE Are The Boss!!

Last time i checked theres a saying about corruption' you cant be sheriif, judge, jury, And executionet' thus is exactly what America has made herself, because she has coerced her peoplw tp accept jusf about anything!!

Be #ing Angry!!a reply to: EchoesInTime

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
*sarcasm senses tingling* ~shrugs~

#n A, dude! 'Next election, you crapping me? This is #ing it... The tipping point. If America elexts a gpon into office, instead of ABOLISHING the political machine, there wont BE a nezt election...a reply to: Swills

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
they've told us with this election race to bend over and take it! They want to see who will bend over like a good sheep,

Hey, hey ,hey...now just hold on a goldarn minute.... that's the expression of the heights of gay love act you're disparaging there...geez! Can't you think of a less offensive metaphor to describe pain and humiliation?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
Donald trump has more or less stated his intentions of making a White America.

Sorry.

I take nothing from someone who hasn't a clue what they're talking about.

Take your racism, ----------> that way.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: SpecialSauce

What is it that makes people angry?

When their Internet, Iphone, and Xbox stop working.

This is so true people don't get mad until it effects them.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Capitalism has arrived in its terminal stage. In a "free market economy", everything can be bought, and the government has become a commodity that can be bought or sold like any other commodity. Private banks control money, weapons manufacturers control foreign policy, big pharma and monsanto-like companies control what you can or can't eat, or drink, or smoke, or the food that you can grow yourself, and the seeds. Car and oil companies control the transportation policy within the country, etc. Like a cancer it eats up its host and then kills it, but it also kills itself in the process, and only through this death will we be able to witness a rebirth. But it will become much worse before it gets better.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Not my racism your smelling, thats your own ignorance. ALL things are created equal. No man is higher than the tiniest speck of #.
That clear enough for ya? Now, take your ignorance ------> thataway. Thank'ee kindleh.a reply to: MysticPearl

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Trump hasn't stated "his intentions of making a White America". Your response doesn't even make sense.

As for your claim, it's about as ignorant and foolish as you can get.

Take your racism ----------> back that away.
edit on 28-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Just what do you think a white, middle aged, businessman who is openly bigoted means when he says 'make america great again? The 'heyday' of america, the post independence america that thrived and boomed off slavery.
I never said he declared it directly.

As for my response, i thought i made it quite clear... You called me a racist... I declated my belief of the inhereny equality of all things, not just men.

I dont do meaningless back and forth. If you just spew out the same 'argument' a third time i will ignore it.
a reply to: MysticPearl

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Most people take for granted that piece of paper we call the Constitution, and the power it grants THE PEOPLE.

Most are never taught that the "damn piece of paper" gives them POWER.

Most people don't realize it's INTENTION was to give us RECOURSE to a GOVERNMENT gone ROGUE.

Most people are to comfortable with there meager belongings, in front of their flat screen tv being entertained with FANTASY on a SCREEN so they can ESCAPE from the abysmal existence.

Most people don't realize that in order to CHANGE the dynamics, we have to FORCE our will upon the government, because the government is not listening anymore.

Peaceful protests fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. Their machinations and delusions of grandeur have sealed them from hearing our voices.

It will only get worse, as time goes on, until the people put a stop to it.

and voting isn't the way to do that, as it is us playing their game, by their rules. Time to take the game, and the rules, and change them to our benefit..

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Re peaceful protest falling on deaf ears and bkind eyes.

You mistakr me. I propose, not a peace protest organized to try to get govt to kisten to use, but a display of solidarity amongst the citizens of America that we eill no lonher endure tyranny, no longet shall we abide Injustice...

Nit a protest for anyone to listen to, for this protest eould end the establishment. No mire interference between the Will of the People and the carrying out of it...

So, govt doesnt listen to us? We abolish govt. Govt eants to turn force upon a peacably hathered crowd? Perfect, espwcially if its televised.
We must send the message: you can shive it where the aun dont #ing shine, you better knick me out tie me up or kill me because we wont bend over a nd take it, anymire!
y reply to: Cygnis

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's time to stand up, it IS time to get angry, IT IS TIME TO SAY MY LIFE HAS VALUE.
This election truly is an insult to the entire American population and you're taking it lying down with no resistance.

I expected the mass killings/incarcerations of politicians - get to it!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
When has Trump said anything at all about a white America?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Yeah but that's the problem, your constitution is just a piece a paper with words on it written centuries ago. Paper can be burnt, words can be twisted or totally ignored, and people from centuries ago can be portrayed as medieval retards and ridiculed, considered as merely folklore.

You shouldn't count on a piece of paper to protect you, you shouldn't wait to see if the words on that piece of paper give you the "right" to do something about the situation or not.

I don't know if you see the absurdity of the situation.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
A white America? I suppose the implication here is that that would be intrinsically bad?

A white America doesn't sound like such a bad idea. In fact during the height of US prosperity the country was way whiter than it is now. Any type of racial harmony a multicultural society can muster a homogeneous society can pull off effortlessly.

Blacks seems to want to segregate themselves as of lately, maybe they should be allowed to.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
A white America? I suppose the implication here is that that would be intrinsically bad?

A white America doesn't sound like such a bad idea. In fact during the height of US prosperity the country was way whiter than it is now. Any type of racial harmony a multicultural society can muster a homogeneous society can pull off effortlessly.

Blacks seems to want to segregate themselves as of lately, maybe they should be allowed to.

At least you are not a closet racist i will give you that.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join