It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul Mates do they exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

You know now about soul mates,🐓.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I truly hope they do. I have been so lonely for so many years. Or at least feels like so many years. I hope to one day be find someone who truly loves me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneLane1991

aww Ive been alone for a lot of years I just became my own best friend... and when it seems like no one is around? You always have your shadow your silent partner through life that during the day is rarely even noticed sometimes months or years with paying any attention to it and at night in the darkness? All of the shadows on whatever side of the world are one all people could achieve the same thing... its rare but some do

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

yes I do, I found mine right here. 🐓

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

🐓

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think they do exist, and I believe I found mine. You know how to check? Just break apart. If you think about this person years after, if you see something during each day you wnt to share with THIS person, if you see life the say you see like THIS person does.. if you can catch each other thoughts and finish the sentence THIS person started. there are million little things that make you just know.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The only thing separating soul mates is attachment to what is seen as not soul... become a vehicle for all souls and what a day that would be.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Interesting.

I had always thought a soul mate was someone you enjoyed being around for long periods of time and had very similar views/outlooks on life and were almost connected in a spiritual way, stronger than a 'normal' way to the rest of the folks in your life. One of my very best friends, that I have known for over half of my life, is what I would consider a soul mate (my definition which is likely not the generally accepted one). Our connection ebbs and flows but remains strong throughout the years. We are quite opposite in some respects so that makes our friendship/deep love unique, to me.

I think some folks believe that they have met their soulmate and, for them, that is wonderful.

Some of the examples of a soulmates 'duties' listed above are not things I would want in a relationship romantic or otherwise.

I wouldn't know if it is fantasy or real because I don't think I know the 'proper' definition well enough.

Well said.. I too didn't have any great idea about soul mates and true love until I read this www.bespokematchmaking.com... Until I read that, I was thinking that love is something special between a girl and a boy. But these stories changed my perspective towards love. Love is something which is very pure and if two hearts love truly, then they'll be the best soul mates.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I believe so but I don't believe you should end up with them.

A soul mate or the ideal person is kind of like the idea of a god an ideal.

You should never meet your ideal as you will only be disappointed by what you find. I believe a person's expectations of what could be and what the reality is. Is often very diffetent.

So I believe you have a soul mate but she or he will always be the person your not with

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Expectation and assumptions for who you think you want or need are more pressing of the entire issue.

Some still need mommy and daddy, so they look for a mommy or daddy as a partner... so they can depend on each other right? Allow them to be the child and have more time to grow up... well, when children enter the picture? How many children were there already?

Nothing wrong with being a responsible adult that has a childlike nature unless it comes with the lies and deceit because they fear someone is going to punish them for being them as an adult. That's utter silliness... as they punish themselves by not doing what they need to as an adult.

Of course some adults that grew up with children as parents had to fight long and hard and many still do to gain the skills necessary without any real support to do so...

So looking at all of the above? Is it any wonder such things become so complex.

Acceptance is love give it unconditionally to another, they give it unconditionally back and then it is conditional for everyone else... except the two of you and there you are... both encouraging the other; to grow both: teacher, parent, and child to each other all rolled into one... not playing any role; just being.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
If one can have more than a single soul mate, I have most certainly met at least one. Without having met her, I would be an entirely different - and in my vie, lesser - person than I am today. We are not in a romantic relationship, never have been, and never will be, but she is unbelievably important to me all the same.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

but your souls are... that is the topic let her soul water your life. Yes we've been trained to want physicality the brick a mortar and since when has any free spirit dwelled in such a place?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MariaConsuelo

I found myself casting back to long lost love from twenty years ago.. daydreaming about what once was.
...then I chucked a bucket of cold water over myself.

hey at least trauma lets you keep the good memories.

edit on 10-11-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I am still waiting for the right person to float into my life. I really think if you are meant to be with someone you will. I used to believe in the soul mate thing, but over time, and many heartaches later, I have a sneaking suspicion that soul mates is just a dream on thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: riley

Tha sort of longing for what once was; is the disease of all yet to come... how can you light anothers candle if you left yours lit with someone else?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneLane1991

Hello SoulMate

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A soulmate is someone who opens your mind and heart.

OP is right. Could be anyone.
edit on 3-1-2017 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oh wow! Talk about bizarreness, this thread from years ago, has one guy bring it back up to the top, posts one comment which gets removed. All just so that the 10 to 15 people who read this thread since 2016 wont get offended.

But ya, soulmates. Kind of hard to say that soulmates exist when a soul does not exist. I mean there has yet and never been any proof that such a thing exists it seems. Just another thing people will be arguing about for the next few hundred years.

And I say hundred years, only because who knows if or not the zombie apocalypse wont be happening by then. But if wont be happening not any time this century or the next few thousands of years. Then that just means they will be arguing and still trying to prove souls exist for the next few thousands of years to come.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought they did and I honestly thought I’d found mine. Trauma over recent years didn’t help.
She,sorry “It” is reverting to type from twenty years ago. It’s not a pleasant sight.
Sadly, being that caring Person I am, I am left with the following conundrum....

1) Do I keep in touch and offer support?
2) Do I just walk away and let It’s Life plummet into a downward spiral?
3) Do I keep distance and provide support when it all goes south?

It pains me to see this person going through things when we used to be so close but at what point do I just let it go and think of Me?

edit on 11-10-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join