It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul Mates do they exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I just want to say that thank you for this thread. I'm sure many members like myself feel identified with your post and many of the replies.

Generally, I just tend to keep that romantic side in the shadows, since life has not been too kind when it comes to Soul-Mates. But I firmly believe that in one form or another, a soul-mate exists for everybody. Maybe some will have more luck than others, but the important thing is to always be willing to give it a shot, give a shot for happiness, love.

I have lived it, hope I do again.
And to every member reading this thread... don't give up, you'll find what you are looking for, and it'll be worth the wait.

Again, thanks for making me aware.(pun-intended)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I'm thinking... actually hoping to be honest it's just because you've been inspired to write poetry.

awareness10 thanks for this thread actually. I can't really speak for anyone else nor won't...

But from myself moved by love as a creative expression it does kinda give that creative urge that is not of the lust sort that ends in responsibility. I suppose that's one of the nicest things about loving creative forces in and of itself... no one else has to appreciate the final work because it's the labor that actually goes into it that matters.

My son when he was born... oldest wisest freshest looking little dude in the entire world of experience. My job of creating was done at that point... after that it was the attempt at making sure he didn't die and an attempt to encourage the beauty that he already was in responsibility to him... yet in that moment of looking into his eyes time and space transcended. Unconditional love was born... he could come to me at any point open and honest and say anything from dad I'm gay to dad I killed a man... and in my responsibility try and console or council based on how the world will treat or judge him for such things, but no matter what?

That unconditional love could never be shaken or die.

I've moved that into world view and lets just say that's not as easy as it seems... the earth already has a belt called the equator and it's big enough to whoop all of our asses collectively at once so we better respect momma.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I suppose it's best to move on. You mentioned loosing years of good memories, in your specific situation. I might be very bitter as well. And not sure if i would hang onto the memories. But i guess its ok to cherish the good ones.

Having had a son with her(jjust now learning this). You chose what i figured you would do, and manned up. I dont want to fill your head with possibilities. But at least you remain good friends.

Dont ever get discouraged when it slaps you in the face. Perhaps you'll meet the next love of your life at a school function. Granted you feel it may be time to get wet again.😊

Im having a hard time conveying my thoughts at the moment. But i hope you understand that I mean what I say, and hope "She" comes into your life someday. 😊

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
BigBrotherDarkness

Currently I am writing a poem.. about roadkill...lol

Hard to make that beautiful..as the word does not bring beauty to the mind..

We'll see what happens...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes. I married mine 30 years ago.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Go on say "she left me 2 years later"

You know you want to

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You know you want to

Happily married for 5 years, married for 30.

(just kidding bride, *she reads my posts*)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You know you want to

Happily married for 5 years, married for 30.

(just kidding bride, *she reads my posts*)

Sorry buddy could not resisit and it seemed like your kind of humour!

Is she a member or just peeks over your shoulder?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

She just peeks.

"What the hell is so important today?" Usually precludes her look.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A few years ago I got so sick of Mrsnonspefic saying "say I said this" or "I think that" that I gave up and made her make her own account, thats how she ended up with the name

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Mine would be happy with just her Facebook app on her iPad.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I married mine years ago and he's roaming around here with an account of his own now.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Yes they are a pain in the arse. They come back our mentors, lovers or the come back as rivals and always comparable in base potential and strength. Often they are the last person to see you alive (hopefully at a bed side and not on a battle field).

Reborn and come back again not knowing if your life is going to be like the Notebook or the last Samurai.

At first I thought that they just matched the same frequency but nope usually it's the same people again and again tripping through /over life paths. This suggests that there is a shortage of souls. Long term relationships can be grueling specially the immortal ones.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: riley

Have you noticed that the same face will appear in others? Some features a chimera or aspect of many faces yet not one in particular... it is a curious phenomenon. It becomes a see them everywhere in some aspect shape or form.

Where no matter what form they cannot hide who they truly are as the original face shines like a mirror and never changes all throughout time, it only seems to vary by the self others have tried to place on you or that you have accepted as you instead of your original face before your father was born as the old Zen saying goes...

It seems this phenomenon only arises after seeing ones past lives or there is an awareness of such occurring. Yet a new life in an attempt to shake off all faces not truly ones own so it shines bright and pure despite all the many masks and faces life tries to place on it it can never be covered once uncovered. Nor stained by those wishing to do it for you.

I think thats how the soul mate starts revealing themselves out of the shadows to help liberate each other out of a senseless singularity of being into one of union.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: efabian

I just want to say that thank you for this thread. I'm sure many members like myself feel identified with your post and many of the replies.

Generally, I just tend to keep that romantic side in the shadows, since life has not been too kind when it comes to Soul-Mates. But I firmly believe that in one form or another, a soul-mate exists for everybody. Maybe some will have more luck than others, but the important thing is to always be willing to give it a shot, give a shot for happiness, love.

I have lived it, hope I do again.
And to every member reading this thread... don't give up, you'll find what you are looking for, and it'll be worth the wait.

Again, thanks for making me aware.(pun-intended)

And Thank You for your reply. Since realizing i am free now no more worries. Soul mates, i must've been tipsy when i said i believed who i thought was mine was, would come back. Oh well sh't happens i suppose, there's always another chance at it. Some people never forgive. Living life that way is far too emotionally painful so i think i'll give it a break. Living life in the moment is what matters, the past is the past.

I hope you find yours we all need a little love now and then.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: riley

Yes they are a pain in the arse. They come back our mentors, lovers or the come back as rivals and always comparable in base potential and strength. Often they are the last person to see you alive (hopefully at a bed side and not on a battle field).

Reborn and come back again not knowing if your life is going to be like the Notebook or the last Samurai.

At first I thought that they just matched the same frequency but nope usually it's the same people again and again tripping through /over life paths. This suggests that there is a shortage of souls. Long term relationships can be grueling specially the immortal ones.

Hell you've got that right, a Pain in the Arse indeed! Sometimes it's more like a Freddie Krueger movie. He just keeps on coming back at ya, knife in hand ready to nail you. 'chuckles'.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the Collective record isn't actually supposed to toss us the same people over and over again, i think it's stuck in 'repeat' mode, or perhaps has a damaged frequency that just won't stop skipping, thus, Deja Vu'. Know what i mean? Relationships can be wonderful i've experienced it.

However, broken records and way too much Drama, i really hate drama. If i wanted drama i'd watch one of those gawd awful soap operas on telly. If i've got another 7 yrs to live on this rock as i was recently told, then having some kind of soul mate by my bedside would be nice, falling of a cliff wouldn't be one of them however.

Thanks for the reply

edit on 7/28/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Oh can't wait to take a look at your Poem sounds great!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

There's many different things it could be yes, minus the unnecessary drama is always good!

Then perhaps there's those of us who've lost our Soulmates to sudden death and are simply just here to wait it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

But the trade off? Wisdom and the ability to create meaningful poetry...

That's why I've always told one of my very very picky friends look man you're not as golden as you think... go out in the fray get some wounds and battle scars.

That's how soul actually starts entering ones life and work... the rest before that is just empty imitations of a life or actually living.

I'm so consumed by my own work, a mate would need a fire proof suit to withstand such heat... yeah she'd add some re-direction on some of my passion and hey thats welcomed as all life is art and beautiful and I try to apply it everywhere so where I apply it matters not... all she'd have to do is point this needs to be artistically handled and it's flame on challenge accepted without further pointing.

For myself however? Despite being able to cook on par with world renowned chefs... too much of a production for just me, so it's rarity that I treat myself so well it becomes meaningless without a fine accompaniment.

Without such I'm like a haughty pauper that doesn't take care of myself properly, despite any assumptions that would say otherwise.

Indeed, that alone is worth it. (the trade off). Passion in writing and creativity allows the mind to still itself, the calm is healing.

Thanks for that BBD

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Highly unlikely. I think that there are probably many people out there whose personality would meld almost perfectly with mine, but I don't believe that there are "soul mates".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join