It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to try your favorite drink

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Alcohol.

It's funny, I didn't have my first drink until I was about 24. So I am curious to expand my tastes, and try your favorite drinks.

I started off with Heinekens. Started getting into some PBR, and that's still one I often pick. (Anyone remember the allegory from Blue Velvet?)

Lately my favorite beers are Modelo or Sierra Nevada. So far the only beer I have disliked is Blue Moon. Really will not be trying that label again.

When it comes to mixed drinks, I usually go for what drink name has the ingredients right in the name, such as gin and tonic, rum and coke etc. I have tried some fancier mixes, but wasn't all that into it. One bartender made me some mix with Red Bull, vodka, and cranberry. A waste of 8 dollars if you ask me. Keep it simple.

Wines: I go for both red and white. I love a cabernet sauvignon or chardonnay. Pinot grigio is also a favorite. I pretty much like it all except sauvignon blanc.

I would like to try your go-to beverage. Just bear in mind that it can be hard to find certain local brews or craft beers. I am in the western divide of the USA.

Suggestions for tomorrow's wind-down booze-chill?

edit on 24-7-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sam Adams IPA beer, mixed drink mai tai.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Add a nice juicy lime to your favorite beer... 1 good slice and squeeze er out

Ats my drink...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Vincent Van Gogh Coffee flavored Vodka.

Absinthe.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I do not know how to spell it but my spanish friends introduced me to something that is think is called Callamuchio.

Basically it is bad red wine mixed with Coke, sounds odd but is a fantastic marrage, 50/50 split in a large glass with plenty of ice and a slice of lemon but be carefull it can take you by suprise, best on a hot day.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm not too sure if it would fit your taste, but my go-to drink for a relaxing afternoon is:

Blue Curacao
Malibu Coconut Rum
Vodka
Pineapple juice

In a shaker:
1 shot of the blue
1 shot of the vodka
1 shot of the coconutty rum
A little bit of ice
Fill with pineapple juice

Shake-shake-shake! Shake-shake-shake!
Pour into a glass and enjoy.

Or failing that, a couple of shots of Wild Turkey's American Honey in a glass mixed with some Coke.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Nice!

I don't suppose you have a winning Bloody Mary recipe too?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
my go to is bourbon. I like temptation and redemption . same distiller.
beer, favorite was turborg, but cant find it in the states. in the us yuengling.
i like rusty nails as a mixed drink but the coolest ive had was when we made flaming dr peppers.

tastes like dr pepper!

edit on 24-7-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I got one for you it looks terrible but tastes great, if your at a bar or club that makes cocktails order a Nuclear Waste, you can find how to make it with the proper ratios online but it's vodka, and coke, with blue Curaçao then baileys on top it slightly curdles the baileys making it bubble and stick to the ice and it looks really dirty and radioactive but tastes so bloody amazing

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm nursing my second Sam Adams Cream Stout of the evening.

I'm a single malt Scotch guy, but I've been on to the Bourbon of late. Always neat.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I'm hard pressed to name one single beverage as my "favorite", my tastes are somewhat, fluid?

And seasonal.

In SummerI like a good gin (Tanqueray) and tonic.
Unless my intent is to "achieve cruising altitude"
as quickly as possible in which case I switch to a vodka and tonic. On the rocks with lime, not lemon.

In the colder months, I prefer either a single malt scotch or a smooth sipping rum.

Mount Gay Black Label is a current favorite.

For wines I generally go red.

Sangiovese, Syrah, and Malbec are go to's.

But, there was this one home brewed metheglin I sampled late one autumn evening at a Society for Creative Anachronism that I will remember for the rest of my days as the purest essence of true Ambrosia.

edit on 24-7-2016 by Bhadhidar because: Never drink and write!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I don't suppose you have a winning Bloody Mary recipe too?

Nope! Sorry

I'm pretty particular with cocktails and the like; once I find one I -really- like, I stick with it.. I don't believe I've ever even had a Bloody Mary!

There might be one hidden somewhere in Augustus' Cocktails thread though!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Basically a white Russian but toss the vodka and instead use Malibu rum, then a good splash of disaronno or amaretto(depending on availability). The disaronno will give it a cherry cordial(chocolate candy flavor) the amaretto a nutty flavor so either way works. or both if feeling froggy and in a pint glass of course.

Barring the mood for that whatever house red typically a malbec or cabernet is what they offer, or a glenfiddich, my local has a nice bloody mix, which I ask for gin instead of vodka, that was the traditional way to make them before vodka was mass imported and it tastes so so much better... I call it a bloody christ as in bloody christ why did the standard mix ever change(its that good(cost at the time obviously gin was more expensive and hard to get a hold of))... loaded with some olives on mixer straws and sometimes a sprig of pickled asparagus to gnaw on... (instant dragon breath carry a mint)

I'm not really a beer fellow as it makes me really really drunk compared to liquor by volume. One or two cans will set me on my ass vs. 3 to 4 mix drinks or shots that feel like keep them coming. I don't drink for a buzz or to get drunk except on special occasion, but as a regular drink out instead of soda which I try to avoid at all costs.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Tanqueray... I dont see how you do it, tastes like pencil shavings to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I used to munch #2 yellows in grade school!

Besides, with enough lime you don't really notice the taste by the second (or third!) round.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

My #1 beer.

Mixed drink, easy, Jack and coke.

But if you got the dough, don't bother mixing it. Get some Johnnie Walker and drink it straight.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Lime and salt in Corona on a warm summer day brings back so many good memories.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I sampled paste that wasn't my thing smelling the rubber cement and eating play doh however? That was my jam mmm salty.

I found several that I really like and enjoy the taste of I dont force myself to drink stuff that I dont really care for although I was given champagne the other week even the smell of that makes my stomach go bleh fortunately it wasn't brut... by faberge so it was slightly more tolerable I like tannins in reds the acid cuts the sweetness into balance.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
"Georgia Pond Water"

The juice from this...

+ Moonshine

=

...my own creation.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Cold Smirnoff with a warm Budweiser chaser.
Highly trained professional , please do not try this at home (or any other location)
Peace.
edit on 7/24/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join