It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: MotherMayEye

This is interesting, can someone help me out here (I'm learning) what does this mean for Bernie v Hillary.

Obviously leaking it at the start of the convention is a clear tactic from the opposition, but whatever we all knew it was happening so I'm glad it's out.

The Rules & Bylaws committee is meeting right now. They heard a proposed change to eliminate the superdelegates and several amendments that would reduce the number of superdelegates and/or the weight of their votes.

They've all been struck down by the committee, but if the proposal gets 25% of the vote, then it qualifies to go to the convention floor for a vote.

As one proponent said, the committee may be against it by 60% to 30%, BUT everyone else is for it by 52% to 48% (or something like that).

So it should be an interesting floor vote when the convention begins.

ETA: in general the proposals are getting 30%+ support so they have the votes to take it to the floor.

edit on 23-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Gotcha, so is there any real chance of this happening? Or is it just wishful thinking?

They very well could be able to force a floor vote, but I don't think it will make much of a difference. Despite the idea that Hillary does not have much support, she has a lot of support within the party and I wouldn't expect anything dramatic to occur.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

GUN control fan,he's her type.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Obviously I don't know him, and most politicians are weirdos and lairs , but he seemed like one of my cousins or something, just a working family man. I had a cousin work on a christian charity / missionary also in central America, reminded me of him

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

He has taken on the gun people by the way of winning his seats I heard this morning? Won his seats when they lobbied hard against him. To me that isn't surprising to hear he has that stance.
edit on 23-7-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: xuenchen
Can't wait for the red herrings, deflections away from the proven Hillary lies, and the mania on the floor.

No doubt.

I wonder if she will even address Benghazi,emails, and the current investigation for perjury, and her foundation.

And spin Comeys congressional hearing comments.

That is very unlikely. There is no reason to bring up something that has already been put to rest.

There is an active on going investigation in to CLintons PERJURY.

NOTHING has been settled.
edit on 23-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Very interesting! thank you for taking the time to help out. So Bernie would need 30% or more to take it to the floor?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The least anyone can do is hear the platform, if not for informative or patriotic purposes, maybe for a lesson in Orwellian politics. At the worst it will be good show or good fodder for the wolves to drool over. Let's hope everyone can be civil. Good luck to the dems.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Can't wait for the red herrings, deflections away from the proven Hillary lies, and the mania on the floor.

No doubt.

I wonder if she will even address Benghazi,emails, and the current investigation for perjury, and her foundation.

That is very unlikely. There is no reason to bring up something that has already been put to rest.

Good luck with that investigation. So far, the Republicans have a horrible record of failing at finding wrongdoing and wasting millions in the process.

It's gone from being reasonable, to being desperate. They are desperate to get Hillary and make themselves look like fools in the process.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Obviously I don't know him, and most politicians are weirdos and lairs , but he seemed like one of my cousins or something, just a working family man. I had a cousin work on a christian charity / missionary also in central America, reminded me of him

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He was absolutely right.

We need to think about what we are doing in the middle east.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

No doubt.

Good luck with that investigation. So far, the Republicans have a horrible record of failing at finding wrongdoing and wasting millions in the process.

It's gone from being reasonable, to being desperate. They are desperate to get Hillary and make themselves look like fools in the process.

Interesting comment to make considering how much overtime Republicans critics put in to that convention thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Sure.

Killing INNOCENT people isn't a problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sure. At least no taxpayer money was wasted in the process.

Unlike your investigations.

On topic: No, it will not be a topic of discussion, unless Hillary uses it to rally her supporters against GOP desperation.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm looking forward to this convention, I am learning plenty about the US political way. It has been a richly interesting experience so far as a new American.

What a wild ride you got for your first election :-)

I'd seriously like some comparisons - what you like - and what you hate. Especially as compared to what you came from

link   

link   

Sure.

Killing INNOCENT people isn't a problem.

Yes it is. You are taking what he said out of context. Drones are not necessarily the problem. The problem is where and why we are using them. We have to rethink our reasons for being the ME.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join