It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine, a Centrist Senator From a Swing State, as Running Mate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hillary has Tweeted that she has selected Senator Tim Kaine as her VP running mate.

All kinds of credentials for Kaine.

This might attract some voters.

He is considered a "centrist" but lets see what he says during the convention next week.

Good or Bad? Pros and Cons..

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine, a Centrist Senator From a Swing State, as Running Mate

Hillary Clinton named Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia to be her running mate Friday, according to a senior campaign official, selecting a battleground state politician with working-class roots and a fluency in Spanish, traits that she believes can bolster her chances to defeat Donald J. Trump in November.

Mrs. Clinton’s choice came after her advisers spent months poring over potential vice-presidential candidates who could lift the Democratic ticket in an unpredictable race against Mr. Trump.

In the end, Mrs. Clinton decided Mr. Kaine, 58, a former governor of Virginia who sits on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and speaks fluent Spanish, had the qualifications and background and the personal chemistry with her to make the ticket a success.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.ontheissues.org...

Some interesting stances.
Not gonna lie, first thing I thought when I saw the name was "Who?"

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The audience ratings difference of the debates between Kaine verses Pence compared to Trump verses Clinton will be massive. At least with Sarah Palin and Biden we had some level of entertainment, this VP debate will be snooze fest.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well thank God.

I was 'scared' it was going to be Warren so they could play the sex card for 4 years.

Trump/Pence versus CLinton/Kaine.

For the next celebrity death match.

Now people the polling comes in to play.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Huh.
I wonder how Bernie folks feel about Hillary choosing this old, fat, establishment, white guy.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He is considered a "centrist" but lets see what he says during the convention next week.

A centrist is a poor choice if Hillary wants to bring Bernie voters into the fold. That's just my first reaction.
edit on 22-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

this VP debate will be snooze fest.

I know! It doesn't have much of a choice, does it?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Huh.
I wonder how Bernie folks feel about Hillary choosing this old, fat, establishment, white guy.

Looks like an advantage for Trump in the eyes of many Democrats !!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
WHAT A NEOCON!

Dem Sen. Kaine: "It Is Time" For Congress To Authorize War Against ISIS

I see a 'dark' future for America people.

DARK!

I tell ya!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

A centrist is a poor choice if Hillary wants to bring Bernie voters into the fold. That's just my first reaction.

Yeah, the Bernie supporters are already mad enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now it's really confusing for "fenced" Democrats.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sen. Kaine: The problem isn't the drones. It's the U.S. mission

WASHINGTON — The deaths of two hostages in a drone strike in Pakistan shouldn't raise questions about the use of drones, says Sen. Tim Kaine, a leading voice on foreign policy on Capitol Hill — but he says they should raise questions about the mission the United States is pursuing in the region nearly 14 years after the 9/11 attacks.

This guy is absolute TRASH.

Afghan Hospital Airstrike: US Has Long History Of Mistakenly Killing Civilians

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My first thought was Who? My second thought, he seems too soft, kinda weak. After listening to what he has to say, he comes off as a good guy with thoughtful ideas. He's said he doesn't believe in assault rifle bans. He's personally pro-life but doesn't believe government should be making those moral choices for women. He's not bad. I just question if he'll be too boring to attract a following.
edit on 22-7-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Its no surprise to me that the two narcissists running for Potus chose unremarkable running mates.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

After Trump's speech last night I don't think that Hillary is worried about Bernie's people any more. She is worried about losing Centrists, Moderates, and independents. She could get the vast amount of Bernie supporters, but If she loses the aforementioned groups she's toast. She is scared.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Meh, just like a lot of the people who voted against Trump are now going to vote for Trump, the same goes for Bernie voters.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yeah, the Bernie supporters are already mad enough.

Speaking of, i was going back through the 2008 after-convention coverage this afternoon on the Way Back Machine, and I noticed this:

In a CNN/ORC survey conducted in early June, entirely before the New York senator officially ended her White House bid, 22 percent of Clinton supporters said they would not vote at all if Obama was the party's nominee. Now close to a third say they will stay home. In all, only 54 percent of Clinton backers say they plan on voting for Obama.

I've always recalled Hillary supporters as being a lot more pissed off than Bernie supporters are now. But that's been disputed a lot on ATS. 54% of Hillary voters supported Obama while 85% of Bernie voters support Hillary.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bernie supporters have it in them to make a difference, in November.

I would very much like for them to prove me wrong though. I want something about this election to be the catalyst for positive change in the Democratic Party.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

One correction in the OP to the sequence of events is the Rothschild's select Kaine and tell Hillary to Tweet away.

The illuminati way of running the world...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Huh.

Looks like an advantage for Trump in the eyes of many Democrats !!

I don't think so. Way to many regular voters vote for their party, candidates be damned. Bernie and Trump both enticed non-regular voters to get out and vote but at the end of the day the #nevertrump crowd is not going to vote for Hillary ( not unless they want to watch their party burn) and the Bernie crowd is not going to vote Trump ( not unless they want to watch the world burn).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join