It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Town Warns of THC in the Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
(Or Colorado Town's water usage increases 750,000% overnight LOL)

CNN

Hugo, CO:

The approximately 730 people who live in a small town in eastern Colorado have been told not to drink the water because there is evidence a well is contaminated with THC, the principal psychoactive chemical in cannabis.

Testing began after complaints, but it doesn't say what complaints. No level of concentration has been found. Another well is being tested. Bottled water is being brought to the town.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Unfortunately, the THC couldn't overcome the damages that the fluoride already caused...

Kinda like locking the barn door after all the pigs got out of the mud...

namaste

Proud Member of LEAP-Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'd drink the water if that's all it is lol. I wonder how that happened. Did somebody flush their stash?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
They can take the clean bottled water to the town, and while their at it, bottle up some of that well water and send it my way.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Unfortunately, the THC couldn't overcome the damages that the fluoride already caused...

Would be nice if it could.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I'd drink the water if that's all it is lol. I wonder how that happened. Did somebody flush their stash?

Possible, the story is oddly vague. Maybe the town workers had already ingested quite a bit of the water.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I am going to pipe that water to me, lol!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
kind of confusing,

there is evidence a well is contaminated with THC,
no level of concentration
no symptoms to anyone

i wonder what evidence they have.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
kind of confusing,

there is evidence a well is contaminated with THC,
no symptoms to anyone

i wonder what evidence they have.

I know it is. I read it a few times to try to figure out what to type.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It would be very diluted, and it's water. You need a oil/fat to bring out the thc.
That's why no one makes pot tea....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I got thirsty all of a sudden.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What a joke. Is that even possible? Last i knew decarbing on h2o needs high temps... I'm not a pro but have been around THc my whole life and this sounds like disinfo at best and a party at worst.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I've never heard of water being contaminated by it though. I'd imagine people would flush their stuff when they thought cops were coming so you'd think it would have happened somewhere but then it goes through a treatment plant so I don't know. It's just odd.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm guessing it is actually a "Bong Water Recycling Plant" and they are just waiting for the hand-painted sign to dry...

What would be interesting is if "They" clean up the water leading to/water flowing from this place years before they even think about fixing the water problem in Flint...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am almost certain it is not water soluble.
It is soluble in alcohol, so be careful you don't accidentally contaminate a bottle of liquor.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thc is oil first off so the only way is to dump pure oil in it

Thc won't do much untell it decarbed to thca

Something about this entire story sounds bunk

And from county's that opose the legalization call me sceptic but I don't buy it

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What we have here is a fine example of propaganda and disinformation. THC is not water soluble. This is completely bogus and absurd.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
THC isn't water soluble. Its soluble in fat, and in solvents (spirits like alcohol).

This is a mix of ignorance and active imaginations. Science sure doesn't support it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This makes very little sense, and is highly suspect.

As others have suggested, THC is highly lipid soluble. What makes even less sense is this: even if it was highly water soluble, how did it get in the ground water to a detectable level? Did 700+ people smoke so much pot and piss so much that it contaminated the groundwater well reserve????? That seems hardly plausible. Is there a marijuana farm nearby, where,even if it was highly water soluble, runoff could have seeped/leached in at such a high rate to contaminate? Um, no.

Add

no symptoms to anyone
and:

Makes no sense. Sounds like a bunch of BS propaganda.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If you could taint a water supply with weed, I'm sure it would have already occurred............those pale face's would still be wondering around out west.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join