It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Town Warns of THC in the Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yep sure does there are many interests at work wanting to keep the plant away from public consumption....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
thank you reldra for terrible op. they must be paying you decent for you to de-thread logical posts, to post this, to just be yourself.. sad attempt everyone and their mother knows thc cannot be in the water.. get a grip........

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
THC in the water? LOL. Wow... Just wow.... There is some serious BS going on there.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

don't worry it's coming from the msm themselves it seems.. the ones, ya know, that think it's a bad thing.. lol.. the corporate heads of the pharma corps #ting in their pnsts because a natural soooo banned drug does more for you then everything they can prescribe and make money from.. evil, straight evil.. don't worry though people will some day wake up.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I heard this story and wondered if they meant THM. Trihalomethanes are a known, and monitored, contaminate in chlorinated water. I think this may be a very unfortunate typo by the water purveyor.
edit on 7/22/16 by Ksihkehe because: Punctuation

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

here take this drug for depression, lemme list the side affects... nausea, diahrea, thoughts of suicide, heart problems/ faster heart rate, slower blood flow, lung disfunction.. lol list goes on and on.. weed = raiding my cabinets, a little bit of tar, maybe i have to actually look that up.. but what do you think I'm gonna treat cancer pain with? hmmmmmm snip this pc country I been done since 1978, wait that's when I was born.. yes don't worry you haters this tax payer is done.. lol

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lighter78
thank you reldra for terrible op. they must be paying you decent for you to de-thread logical posts, to post this, to just be yourself.. sad attempt everyone and their mother knows thc cannot be in the water.. get a grip........

She's just posting what has been reported. I heard it on the radio too. It's bizarre and I think they made an error, but why blame her?

I don't understand why she gets so much # here all the time when she doesn't deserve it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Too bad.

Nobody in Denver cares. We're all "there's THC in the drinking water?"

"Duh."

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
sorry to spam your thread realyy i am, i'll shut my american hole. in 1986 i told my friend that when i am old and grey i will smoke joints on my front porch, kinda funny coming from a guy who hasn't smoked in a few years due to his job.. i'll stand by this comment till the day i die.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lighter78

It is a news story. I agreed it didn't make a huge amount of sense. Blame CNN. Maybe you should get a grip.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I don't find this funny in the slightest. I have serious health problems and react badly to marijuana. Exposure to THC could cause problems for me.

Good job you cant be exposed through water.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I didn't realize that Michigan gets their water from Colorado.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
All they need to do is filter it through a low micron filter and it will remove the THC the same way that hash makers make their goods, they work with 50 - 200 ish microns, anything lower provides very little THC, under 20 catches all of it
Once they've done filtering they will be left with a nice smokeable treat

edit on 22-7-2016 by TigStar82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Assuming this is true, could it be from growing, watering and runoff? I can't think how it could be confined to one well. I assume they share the same source of water.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
THC is fat and alcohol soluble. Not water soluble. I doubt this story very much. That's why people that cook with it have to use butter or some other kind of fat or alcohol. You could dump pounds of weed into water and drink that water and nothing will happen. Thc is an oil. What happens when you put water and oil together? Do they mix? Does the oil dissolve into the water? No. Also, thc must be decarboxylated before it becomes effective through ingestion. Everything about this story sounds like nonsense.
edit on 22/7/2016 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I heard this story and wondered if they meant THM. Trihalomethanes are a known, and monitored, contaminate in chlorinated water. I think this may be a very unfortunate typo by the water purveyor.

This would make much more sense. When you treat water that is high in algae, the process of dying releases THM's in the water.

My town regularly has water alerts for THM's. For a few years our tap water was filter mud sucked from the bottom of what we have always called our "reservoirs".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Right, I understand about the metabolites and the half lives (which is why it stays in the system and detectable in drug tests for such a long time for regular users), but the article specifically says THC, not its metabolites. Regardless, even if metabolites are detectable at a significantly traceable level in a ground water deposit, it still makes little sense how it got there, hence my original post.

That's a very strange claim in the article, and I still can't make sense of it, metabolites or straight THC. :/

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If that is the case it would make more sense.

And if it is indeed an unfortunate typo, has any correction been published? If not, then why?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I've read the full article rather than just the headline. I'm still scratching my head. THC is fat soluable, how did it get somehow distributed in the water supply? Did somebody inject hash oil into the well then make an emulsion with the biggest immersion blender in the world?

They claim there was evidence of tampering at the water plant, but I'm still baffled.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

I've read the full article rather than just the headline. I'm still scratching my head. THC is fat soluable, how did it get somehow distributed in the water supply? Did somebody inject hash oil into the well then make an emulsion with the biggest immersion blender in the world?

They claim there was evidence of tampering at the water plant, but I'm still baffled.

Its thc trichomes, the head of the thc gland, they get washed off very easy, they can get washed off just by foliar feeding or even just knocking against a plant and as most people use run to waste systems the water goes straight into the drains and back into the water system as thc sinks in water but what I don't get is isn't your water treated in America? Here in the uk the water would be run through filters at the treatment station which would catch ALL of the thc before its sent back out to the mains system. If you've got thc in your water then they aren't filtering it properly which means you guys have more to worry about then just thc in your water!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join