It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Town Warns of THC in the Water

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Too funny - they should sell it with a label stating:

"Warning, consuming this water may cause severe hunger urges and laughter, if symptoms cease, drink more water"

link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Unless one adds a fat to it.... Oh, like coconut oil? Or full fat coconut milk. I hear that works for a nice tea

link   
I don't know.. it kinda makes sense if we consider how most on the Colorado eastern plains feel about legalization (or the rest of Colorado in general, really)!

Silly plains folk

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't find this funny in the slightest. I have serious health problems and react badly to marijuana. Exposure to THC could cause problems for me.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I don't find this funny in the slightest. I have serious health problems and react badly to marijuana. Exposure to THC could cause problems for me.

So you're allergic to thc?
That's sad 😕

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

THC metabolizes pretty fully in part to the long half life and the amount of time it takes to push it through. Im not aware of studies done on THC itself, but I suspect you will not find any in urine unless you have spirits or oil in your urine (which i would believe is akin to "acute health risk")

THC metabolites might be in the ground water. But if that is happening, i'd think there is a bigger issue relating to urine in the water supply.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Lucky then that the story is bunk, the active ingredient in dope is not water soluble unless it was turned into a powder form and dumped in the well ....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Someone please tell me that the onion pulled a fast one on cnn.

I don't buy into this because my understanding is THC is a non-polar compound, in other words, will not dissolve in water but will disolve in oil.

Saturation in a city's water supply in my opinion is highly(no pun intended) unlikely.
edit on 21-7-2016 by jrod because: ,

edit on 21-7-2016 by jrod because: cellphones suck

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

So you're allergic to thc?
That's sad 😕
No I have schizophrenia and it makes me extremely paranoid.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

It's really hard to imagine thc levels in a water supply, being enough to make anyone high. It's just not water soluble.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thankfully, the threat has been contained, and the well has been put on lockdown:

Book 'em, Dano!

------------------------

Police are now saying only one well was involved. Initial reports that multiple wells were contaminated were due to "erroneous eyewitness reports. Fog of War, and all that. The other wells are being tested, but are only considered to be wells-of-interest, not actual suspect wells" according to a police spokesperson.
edit on 21-7-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

It's really hard to imagine thc levels in a water supply, being enough to make anyone high. It's just not water soluble.
I use to smoke pot and I avoid it like the plague. I avoid the stuff at all cost and I don't like the idea of coming into contact with trace amounts if it were in the water. I've worked hard for my recovery from this illness. Long term exposure to even trace amounts could cause problems for someone like me. If it were trace amounts of lead I would be saying the same thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This was released prior to the results as updates are saying the well tested positive from the tampering:

"Processed THC- would take more product than any of us could afford to contaminate a city water supply to the extent that people would suffer any affects."
From LincolnComHospital.
Who could have afforded it for one and why the intent? If not from someone tampering maybe it has to do with absorption into the well water from local marijuana growers. Then why all of the sudden.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm thinking any THC in the water will be so diluted it'll be nothing more than a healthy supplement.

Lets talk about fluoride.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Raw marijuana has no effect !! that is rubbish...who comes up with this crap ?

maybe it has to do with absorption into the well water from local marijuana growers.

That is not possible either, any leeching would be chemicals or fertilizers used on the plants, the plants themselves do not leech

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Dont drink that water with tiny amounts of thc but here have some fluoride! Makes sense.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The amount of thc crystal or hash that would be needed to do this would be staggering and a total waste.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
All natural bottled water. A new company has been formed, everyone is now working bottling water for sale at two bucks a bottle. A boom for the local economy. Who cares if the test results can't verify it contains THC, people will buy it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

If you are concerned about something like this in your own area, I think its important to realize the facts about it all. Especially because the worrying may be worse than ingesting trace amounts of inactive cannibinoids.

The PSA above ^^^ is a good, if brief read.

The actual compounds that would precipitate a reaction need to be both at a certain dosage, as well as "activated" in order for the body to metabolize it (which makes the body feel its effects).

What it comes down to is that achieving a "meaningful" response in you, specifically, through a common water supply is nearly impossible logistically (and that is being generous). I say that while taking serious consideration of an immensely extreme sensitivity to any and all cannibinoids.

My personal concern, for you specifically, would be inciting paranoia or anxiety about consuming cannibinoids without having ingested any. While the risk of such a thing in the OP is minimal, at the absolute most, to even those with extreme sensitivity.. there is a very real danger of instigating anxiety without any cannibinoids ingested whatsoever.

There is significantly more risk in that to those such as yourself than in a community water supply. I'm not saying this to minimize anything, quite the opposite. While something like a cannibinoid contaminated water supply may seem like the primary source of concern, it may actually be the response to it.

In other words, if you were to drink the water from this well without being told anything, you wouldn't know it as anything but water. But, if you drank water you were told "contaminated," (but was clean) you could create the negative response all on your own. The latter scenario is far more likely to happen than having a negative response from highly diluted, inactive cannibinoids, and that actually goes for all of us, really. I expect you are more than capable and strong enough to keep it from happening though, which means there isn't much concern from either scenario.
edit on 21-7-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: dreamingawake

Raw marijuana has no effect !! that is rubbish...who comes up with this crap ?

maybe it has to do with absorption into the well water from local marijuana growers.

That is not possible either, any leeching would be chemicals or fertilizers used on the plants, the plants themselves do not leech

Yeah I didn't think it'd work that way but imagining that would be a claim since there's said evidence now in the first place. Sounds like a planned out anti marijuana job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join