It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland home invasion. Homeowner sentenced to 4 years. Criminal invaders sentenced to house arrest.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There was a case like this in Indiana.

Youths had broken into a house multiple times. The homeowner parked his vehicle out of sight, but went into his basement (where the thieves had come in on prior occasions).

He spread a shower curtain on the floor and I think he hung maybe plastic sheets over the drapes.

He killed one teen and then held a wounded one, taunting her for some time before killing her as well. Then he arranged the scene.

They threw the book at him, claiming that the murders were pre-meditated, precisely planned, and then covered up after.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Someone else had a great response to this story:

"One man armed only with a knife fought off three armed robbers with a gun.

Rather than get a medal and a parade held in his honor, he’s getting a jail sentence."

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: redempsh
There was a case like this in Indiana.

Youths had broken into a house multiple times. The homeowner parked his vehicle out of sight, but went into his basement (where the thieves had come in on prior occasions).

He spread a shower curtain on the floor and I think he hung maybe plastic sheets over the drapes.

He killed one teen and then held a wounded one, taunting her for some time before killing her as well. Then he arranged the scene.

They threw the book at him, claiming that the murders were pre-meditated, precisely planned, and then covered up after.

Well, the trying to hide the blood thing might've counted against him.

In this case however such comparisons are baseless. This is just a man defending his property and his life, the most sacred of rights.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't know, never had a problem with self defence myself personally, even against the opposite sex. I've had various different encounters and been arressted several times, never been charged with a crime!

For an example, I was moving out of a room I had rented in someones house, I asked for my deposit and they said no, so I told them I will keep the keys until I have it. He started to get angry, my friend and I got in the car. The landlord was shouting and my friend (who was driving) told him to @$%# off. That was it, the landlord came out and my friend existed the car. The landlord started to push my friend and he wasn't defending himself. So I got out came round the car and smacked the landlord once.

The landlord called the police (but he was the one that started laying hands!)... In this scenario I wasn't even the person that was being attacked! Yet I still received no punishment. In fact the copper told me he hated people like this landlord. XD

Now, if I had smacked this guy till he was on the floor and then stamped all over his head putting him in a coma or maybe killing him, would it be the same? No... I used enough force to end the situation and to defend my friend from harm.

That being said, 3 people break into your house I would be hard pressed to think of something unreasonable.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

One man against three people? You're evidently a pacifist... What would you do in said situation? Nothing suggests he tortured them. Do you just post BS to get a rise out of people?

Edit to add; I know you've been here a while but you just come across as a troll. I've Noticed it a lot recently.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Nothing suggests he tortured them.

So you know why he got four years for 'defending' himself?

If you say anything other than "I don't know" then your'e full of s***, too.

edit on 22-7-2016 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The worlds governments are trying their best to destabilize our way of life and are doing a bloody good job of it.

This man should have been awarded a medal not a jail sentence.

The plan is going ahead at full steam and it will only get worse, a lot worse.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
"excessive self defense"

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard in my life.

It kind of blew my mind when I read that. Self-Defense does not imply capture and torture, nor offensive revenge.

It's so absurd.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's likely that the jury, judge, or whoever, consisted of people who have no concept of what a real fight is like. They might of thought that house-owner could have restrained himself more.

Maybe they didn't realize that when a survival fight takes over, and you're not trained, you can't simply act on logic and society's morals.

The guy probably went nuts and just started slashing the robbers. It probably took him awhile to realize that he won the fight and it was over.

You'd have to imagine it in his shoes. You're not in your normal conssciousness. You're are in battle, in extreme adrenaline and struggle.

I'm totally guessing here, but I'm thinking that he stabbed the robbers ALOT. His intention wasn't torture, but to make sure his enemies were down and out.

I mean, if he held off three people, he wasn't holding anything back. I'm suprised they are alive. I'd just have killed them. The robbers could have ran off, instead they stayed and fought. They should have died. If anything, the guy had mercy for not killing all of them.
edit on 22-7-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm surprised by this. Finns are normally level headed when it comes to things like this.

This is a tragical trend. I believe in true sovereignty, not in being coddled wardens of the state.

I agree with TrueBrit, we should be able to carry swords if we so wanted to. This is a travesty.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The guy probably went nuts and just started slashing the robbers. It probably took him awhile to realize that he won the fight and it was over.

You'd have to imagine it in his shoes.

This is your imagination.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is the kind of case that, in America, Jury nullification should be applied to. A criminal's rights should end at my threshold. It should be automatic, choose crime ...chose consequences.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
The worlds governments are trying their best to destabilize our way of life and are doing a bloody good job of it.

*The silent majority are waking up*

# The UK voted out of the controlling EU. Who would have believed it?

# Other EU member states are now wobbling as to weather to remain in or not

# If France's Marine Le Pen wins the French election
who knows?

# Who would have thought Donald Trump would have got this far? He could

yet be President.

Yup... *the silent majority are waking up*

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Law can be law all it wants, it could still be unjust law.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Are Finns now in NATO

Did they lose sovereignty

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KyleRubi

Nope, neither Finland or Sweden are NATO members. They've been nervously shuffling that way though.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's pretty clear that the Finnish prosecutor in this case is mentally ill. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah. This is how they treat the people in here.
I don't know if this was about 'debt', but sure stinks like that. The collectors received plenty.

But for real. This place is 1 x "terrorist situation" away from a full-on police state. They keep charging people for hate speech, if they happen to think differently from the all lauded multiculture bs. Goverment is doing some heavy duty shady bs on our dime, but we can't do anything about it. Pretty much robbing us dry.

TPTB have pretty much locked Finnish people in, between Putin & Nato. All due respect, but both parties should just # off. We ain't the fight you want.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

He used a knife, ban all kitchen knives, and completely ban self defense /sarcasm off...

But hey, Europe is supposed to be the best place on Earth for people to live, right?...

The worst part is that this is coming to the U.S. thanks to "progress" and a lot of progressives, if not all, will believe eventually this will make everyone safe.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm from Finland and as surprised as everyone here. The comments on the newspaper articles are all condemning this judgement. Some guessing that the three suspects were immigrants.

Some are speculating that the knife wounds were only on back side of the suspects, or done outside of the home. Some are trying to explain it, that the home owner was in debt to the suspects and they came just to worn with gun and then when the owner lost his temper... they tried to calm him down, but he just hit them with knife, but after all they didn't want to hurt him...just speculations, who knows what. And alcohol is always one factor in Finland almost in any case.

There is hope the case will turn around on the higher court, if it is taken there, probably is. This is not the only similar case surely in Finland. But I think commonly one can rely on Finnish court somewhat.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join