It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland home invasion. Homeowner sentenced to 4 years. Criminal invaders sentenced to house arrest.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The question is , that they had a gun, and bats. he had knife.

How can he defend against 3 people with a knife, while they have a gun, and he to not get shot or hit or anything.

There is indeed more to this.

I would assume that they entered , he attacked them with the knife, they run away, he chased then and started butchering them one by one.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly!

Anyone the enters someones home with nefarious intentions should take what they get.

Stands to reason really.

Hope there is some form of legal means that can offer the fellow a chance of an appeal against his sentence.

Wonder what the judge would have done if it was his own home that was turned over?
edit on 21-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Even if he had killed one of them or all, it still would have landed him 4 years in jail. Some years ago there was a case of a guy using "excessive self defense" too against 4 Russian burglars who tried to force their way into the house. He shot one of them dead with a shotgun and got sentenced 4 years for it. The burglars only got 4 month sentences each.

Justice system in Finland and in rest of the Europe is so truly flawed when it comes to self-defense. You better dig holes ready behind your Sauna and kill the home invader so you won't have to pay damages to the attacker as the law isn't on your side.

"I hope when he gets out of jail, he goes to the Judges house, breaks in, forces the Judge to defend himself, and then sues him."

Someone said this in the comments. I fully agree with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I follow the Finish new in Finish and I have not heard of this, can you give the name of the news paper. RT is not a good place to get info about Finland
edit on 21-7-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

s that what this one man did? Subdue three attackers with a gun while armed only with a knife, manage to tie them all up, and then torture them?

They didn't say.. Of course that automatically means he was 'wrong' defending himself. Another ATS lynch mob kicking off. Get the rope, get the axe and pikes out. Tomorrow the lynch mob will get incensed about another beheading in the Middle East.

intrptr out.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't care if I get in trouble for saying this,bottom line...
YOU break into MY house,I WILL put a hole into YOU!

Gin

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I follow the Finish new in Finish and I have not heard of this, can you give the name of the news paper

It's on Helsingin Uutiset.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They deserved whatever treatment he deemed appropriate. Not that I condone torture of any kind...

Yes you just did. Why not torture all home invaders on live TV? During half time on the soccer pitch?

Damn Romans...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

You brake into my house i will beat you but not kill you. If you like to be a murderer, so be it.

I hope only 11 year old kids break into your house.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Natural selection?

Plus if we get them while there young, chances are the wont commit worse crimes later and/or breed?
edit on 21-7-2016 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Found it, the person who was been attacked used what is called hätävarjelun liioiteltuna, excessive force in defending ones self, an example of that would be where a person attackes you, you stab them but keep on stabing them when they are no longer a danger. There is more to this story than is been told ( it seems the people knew each other, but im not sure) and from what i can find its going to a higher cort

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So the moral of the story is make sure you kill them then dispose of the bodies and never report it to stay out of trouble.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not happening here in Texas. Come into my place, I'm sorry.

Imagine being launched into the air with an automotive airbag. Now, imagine that happening at the whim of the owner of a property which you are unwelcome on. Imagine it being recorded. Imagine being a laughing stock on the web for being a thieving douche.

That is the best outcome you could have if you came upon my property.

The worst is being pierced by a high speed projectile which may or may not kill you depending entirely on my mood at the moment.

Screw the governmental mechanics of a country that would condone this type of criminal tolerance.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The moral of the story is that everyone here are bunch of know-it-all.

Try to look in the fact that the ATTACKERS had a GUN but the VICTUM was NOT SHOT. Why would 3 PEOPLE get scared if 1 person with a KNIFE.

The story is presented just 20% here. It looks like more that the attackers and the victum knew each other. And this was not 100% home invasion but a dispute.

What it looks like is that they had a gun but didnt shoot. This says it all.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Or more likely is the fact that the gun wielder was prepared to intimidate but not prepared to take a life?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If the guy with a knife closes and disables the gun wielder he now has multiple advantages over the remaining two people...

getting cut is scarier than being shot for a lot of people, they just saw their trump card go down to a guy with a knife, they cant reach the gun and the guy with the knife is coming after them... morale is toast at that point.

Least thats my WAG,.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This reminds me of a story from Finland, it happened about 10 years ago, a 14 year old muslim girl and her finnish friend also a girl ran away as kids sometimes do, when the girls returned the muslim father grabed the finnish girl and said he would kill her if his daughter was not a virgin ( he said it in english). The socialworker heard this and phoned the police, the case went to cort, the judge said the muslim man had no case to answer to as the finnish girl did not understand english there for she did not know that her life was in danger.
edit on 21-7-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
The moral of the story is that everyone here are bunch of know-it-all.

Try to look in the fact that the ATTACKERS had a GUN but the VICTUM was NOT SHOT. Why would 3 PEOPLE get scared if 1 person with a KNIFE.

The story is presented just 20% here. It looks like more that the attackers and the victum knew each other. And this was not 100% home invasion but a dispute.

What it looks like is that they had a gun but didnt shoot. This says it all.

Doesn't matter the reason they broke in. They went into the guys house uninvited with weapons to attack the guy. If they had a problem of that level call the police and handle properly.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So pathetic to wish that only young children break into my house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join