It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Booed After Failing to Endorse Trump: ‘Vote Your Conscience’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Ted said he was a man of his word in this reply and said he would support Donald Trump if he is the nominee. So did all the other men in the primary. Watch and hear them, then tell me they are not liars in either not going to the convention or going and not endorsing Trump.

People shouldn't make promises they don't intend to keep

People shouldn't blindly keep their promises once they realize they've made a mistake
edit on 7/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

This shows a lot about Trump. He lacks a sense of proportion and is given to "going nuclear" when lobbing a firecracker (more like a spitball) back would even the score and be the appropriate response.
edit on 21-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

All this talk about the character of Cruz - by people that support this man

This man?

To some extent they all deserve each other

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
Ted said he was a man of his word in this reply and said he would support Donald Trump if he is the nominee. So did all the other men in the primary. Watch and hear them, then tell me they are not liars in either not going to the convention or going and not endorsing Trump.

Watch the video i linked a few posts up. He said he ended that pledge when his father and wife were insulted. I support that position.

So I guess he is not a man of his word like he so often claims........

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

cherry picking ethics is pretty common in politics. but then we know this on the internet, right?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

This shows a lot about Trump. He lacks a sense of proportion and is given to "going nuclear" when lobbing a firecracker (more like a spitball) back would even the score and be the appropriate response.

A general rule of politics is always hit back harder than you were hit. Problem for Cruz is he stopped punching and played the victim when he started all of it first.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

LOL!

God kosmic - I'm surprised anyone can even talk about ethics and keep a straight face anymore

This has been one hell of a show though

Me and mine? We have been practicing living under a president Trump

Maybe we need a new and different kind of survivalist forum?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't think he'll actually get elected either with the electoral college and all.

The electors are commonly going on the record stating they will do what's best for the country.

Can't wait for the Trump supporters to go into revolt mode like they seem to threaten to do, like the babies and ignorant...whateverthehelltheyare...seem to mumble.

I think the best thing that could come out of this is some kind of election reform, considering the entire election has become little more than a sham....Thanks to this Trump character, who lacks any character at all.

This ain't no reality show like so many seem to think it is, it is reality.

Sort of....
edit on 21-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: I proof like #

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

LOL!

God kosmic - I'm surprised anyone can even talk about ethics and keep a straight face anymore

This has been one hell of a show though

Me and mine? We have been practicing living under a president Trump

Maybe we need a new and different kind of survivalist forum?

I'm practicing living under Clinton.

Trump had a shot at appealing to moderates but he blew it. Pense, hates gays, non christians, minorities and women just like Trump.

Trump will try like hell tonite to patch up this cluster **** of a convention but the damage is done. If the GOP can't even put together a simple thing like a political convention to unite the party; what kind of leader will that be on the national stage.

Trump just destroyed any relevancy the Republicans might have once had. And they did it all to themselves....delicious irony!!!
edit on 21-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You just made me feel a whole lot better compadre

Even if it's not a perfect world...some imperfections are less perfect than others

Seriously - needed a shot of optimism

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: ipsedixit

All this talk about the character of Cruz - by people that support this man

This man?

To some extent they all deserve each other

As if Clinton had any.

After she rolls out the 'Mothers movement'.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why give the speech at all?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Why give the speech at all?

Good point.
I think he missed the spotlight...and desperately wanted to remain relevant.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Cruz has set himself up (or was set up) to be the perfect foil. If Trump loses, Cruz will be blamed for creating a lack of unity. If Trump wins, they'll say Cruz's divisive comments motivated support for Trump. Perfect!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Why is Cruz so disliked in the senate?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm glad not all Republicans are against Ted for standing by principle. It's crazy how cannibalistic the republican crowd has become. Too much hatred and division fed to them over the years... too many years of "if you're not with us, you're against us". Now they hate and divide amongst themselves, casting out those who don't bow in submission... They are proceeding down a path that few people of principle can allow themselves to follow.

edit on 21-7-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Why is Cruz so disliked in the senate?

Why Everyone (in Congress) Hates Ted Cruz

He puts what’s good for him ahead of what’s good for the GOP. In 2013, at Cruz’s urging, House tea-partiers inserted a provision repealing the Affordable Care Act in the next year’s spending bill. This effort to kill Obamacare was doomed from the start — the majority-Democrat Senate, not to mention President Obama, wouldn’t approve it — but that didn’t stop Cruz from insisting the plan could work. While the resulting 16-day government shutdown was an image disaster for the GOP in general, it made Cruz look like a hero to tea-party voters. Lindsey Graham has said of Cruz: “He plays into the frustrations and passions of good people and creates narratives that don’t exist at the expense of others.”

nymag.com...

This is only a snippet. The article goes into a few other reasons he's disliked.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

He could have done that without standing up to speak at the convention.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

He could have done that without standing up to speak at the convention.

So what a surprise - right?

:-)

He owes Trump nothing - and this convention less

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Well, if you indirectly say at the Republican Convention to support that criminal Hillary, then it's pretty obvious that you are against the Republican party.

Cannibalistic crowd? Hatred?
Cannibalistic because they booed him, for not endorsing the candidate the people voted for?

You are definitely writing BS, only to provoke some members of this site, and it's not working, because you are discrediting yourself with this type of writing. It saddens me to see what's all allowed to say, as long as you are against the Republican Party and Donald Trump

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join