It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: Involutionist

And the parents of those children will work their way over here and to other first world countries, keeping in mind that event.

Why dont they stay in there own country and rebuild it, thats what most men women and children did after WW2.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I'm sure that nobody wants this war, i don't want this war neither.
But obviously a group of extremist muslims want it and they fight / kill for their caliphate.
If it is anti-war, i would expect no singling out one particular party and certainly not talks of only 85 civilians while hundreds of thousands have been killed.
Many were saved, but that is not important apparently.
This is religious war, i've said that years ago, in my opinion the gulf states have a lot to gain with less influence and power from shia muslims in the middle east.
Libya and Syria were both shiite regime's, the forceful reaction from both, Gaddafi and Assad against protesters, they were condemned and qaradawi (an islamic leader residing in the gulf states) spoke a fatwa against both Gaddafi and Assad.
However, there has been a deafening silence about the killing of protesters within the gulf states.
Just as beheadings such as the 10 year old who was beheaded today or yesterday, this absurd and violent atrocity seems to go unnoticed.
All the cruel atrocities commited against the Syrian and Iraqi people by IS, the many deadly attacks in Europe and Turkey, nobody want's war, but this extreme branch of islam has got to be stopped.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
These comments are disgusting and show the ignorance of Americans,.and lack of.empathy regarding anything but their own.

A COUPLE police officers get shot, everyone is sympathetic and in sorrow... bad feels and sending prayers, media is blitzing.

CHILDREN AND WOMAN die by the force of your own establishment (the same establishment that enforces said shot officers) in handfuls.

And it becomes a politician bull# exchange on ATS, or half jokes. No one seems to give af.

Absolutely shameful and pathetic.

RIP to the innocent Souls that did not need to go, but were forced by America's military might. Another day in the middle east.

You people need a reality check, get outside, away from your computers. Get in touch with your humanity.
edit on 20-7-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Imagine a Syrian bomber dropping bombs on Charlotte, NC and killing 85. Would there be any outrage? I daresay for a country where "All men are created equal" we sure don't count lives from other countries for much.

I agree with your sentiment. I choose to believe that many people around the world, including Americans, do care about the lives of others outside of their own country mates.

Alicia Keys, an American pop icon and humanitarian, is one of the executive producers and actors of a short film titled, "LET ME IN". It depicts what it would be like for Americans if the shoe were on the other foot. I view this short film as an exercise in empathy inspired by the love for humanity. Perhaps it will help those who possess an unconscious bias to pause and have a moment of reflection that might allow them to open their hearts and minds.

What would you do? Where would you go? Watch LET ME IN starring Alicia Keys.

There are more refugees in the world today than at any point in history. And half of them are children. LET ME IN is a cinematic experience which reimagines the refugee crisis as if it was happening on America’s shores. Written and directed by Jonathan Olinger, this tale of survival and the remarkable power of the human spirit is inspired by the stories of real refugees. Starring Alicia Keys, the film follows her and her family's quest to survive after they experience unimaginable violence and embark on a journey that will forever change them. Along with thousands of Americans fleeing the conflict in Los Angeles, they must seek safety by attempting to cross the border into Mexico. Guided by their resolute love for each other and utter determination, the refugee family must navigate oceans and desserts in their unrelenting pursuit to find refuge and reunite.

We Are Here and HUMAN present LET ME IN, a Jonathan Olinger film, produced by Mike Peay alongside Chelsea Franklin and Hannah Roodman. The film introduces Naliyah Vega alongside Ricardo Martin. The film’s executive producers are Leigh Blake, Alicia Keys and Erika Rose Santoro. The film’s soundtrack is a new song, “Hallelujah,” off Alicia Keys' upcoming album to be released later this summer.

About We Are Here Movement We Are Here Movement was founded in 2014 to empower people around a host of issues Alicia Keys cares about. They take the guesswork out of where and how to give through a curated coalition of organizations, causes and campaigns to provide the public with one-stop shopping to change the world.

Sign the petition: weareheremovement.com...

About We Are Here Movement: weareheremovement.com...

About HUMAN: thehumanstory.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

These comments are disgusting and show the ignorance of Americans,.and lack of.empathy regarding anything but their own.

I agree, some of the comments are indeed a disgusting display of ignorance. The good news is: most are not.

You can observe here in this link below many Americans and people from all around the world displaying empathy and anger towards the civilian bombing in Syria that took place on Tuesday. Let's not lump all Americans (or any other nation) into one box. To do so would be what the ignorant ones who lack empathy that you speak about do.

twitter.com...

You people need a reality check, get outside, away from your computers. Get in touch with your humanity.

I agree with your suggestion. However, one must keep in mind that some of these ignorant ones in this world you speak about, who project bias, ignorance, bigotry, and hate, usually do so because they lead unfulfilled lives. Their computers (social media) is all they have. They actually are using social media to project (escape) their feelings of non- fulfillment by addressing social issues in the way they do. It is simply misplaced anger for more deeper and personal issues. To be aware of this might foster empathy for them despite them lacking it for others. One might just respond to their ignorant thoughts with love and understanding and not take it personal.

Sometimes I forget to entertain this thought as well and get caught up denying in their ignorance passionately, like you did in your comment.

And it becomes a politician bull# exchange on ATS, or half jokes. No one seems to give af.

Love, compassion and empathy caused you to type that comment out. Much respect!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Was? You mean they stopped coming for us? Whew...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Never said I was, but thats the feeling here in Europe, I dont like it but thats the way it is. Please read what I write not what you think I write, as a MOD you should know better than do ing that

I know that English is not my natural language, and that you never said you were, but you didn't say "I could not care less", you said "Europe could not care less".

And now you say "thats the feeling here in Europe", and to me that sounds like you are, again, speaking as if you knew everybody in Europe or as if you think you know how everybody in Europe feels. To me, that's acting as if you are speaking for all Europe.

Again, that may be the way some people in Europe feel, but no, it's not the way all people in Europe feel. In fact, of all the people I know, not one person that has spoken about this topic to me feels that way.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Never said I was, but thats the feeling here in Europe, I dont like it but thats the way it is. Please read what I write not what you think I write, as a MOD you should know better than do ing that

I know that English is not my natural language, and that you never said you were, but you didn't say "I could not care less", you said "Europe could not care less".

And now you say "thats the feeling here in Europe", and to me that sounds like you are, again, speaking as if you knew everybody in Europe or as if you think you know how everybody in Europe feels. To me, that's acting as if you are speaking for all Europe.

Again, that may be the way some people in Europe feel, but no, it's not the way all people in Europe feel. In fact, of all the people I know, not one person that has spoken about this topic to me feels that way.

The problum is that the "some" is getting bigger and bigger. I have seen how they behave in several countrys in Europe, its no surprise to me they are not wanted.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't believe Obama and the UK make mistakes. This is by design, and they are creating massive destabilization for their world agenda's.

Absolutely pathetic. Everyone has the right to live in peace and also, not be under forced beliefs of others, but free and sovereign.

When are we going to form councils of citizens in every town, and unite and start to get rid of those corrupt ones in power, not follow bad orders or obey bad laws, but support one another and start to overturn things, and solve some of the problems?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Propoganda

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

In my opinion yout are dancing around actually agreeing with those that would say they have no issue with the 85 dying...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The reality is this was most likely not an accidental incident...
It's not like people are not moved by the mass killings taking place of civilians by Muslim radicals...
It's not like messages have not been sent and received by numerous leaders all sides...
This act was a message in itself... It's tit for tat... Stop killing civilians or we will follow suit...
Atleast that's how I see it...

edit on 20-7-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Are you trolling or are you actually serious...?

I don't usually find the need to quote if the comment is right above, however, I have made an exception:

The reality is this was most likely not an accidental incident... It's not like people are not moved by the mass killings taking place of civilians by Muslim radicals...

Perhaps you are correct in speculating that it was an intentional act. After all, America holds the world record of killings of innocent civilians:

www.globalresearch.ca...

However, if true, an army such as US and France with sophisticated weaponry targeting civilian populations *intentionally* would be in violation of international law and therefore guilty of committing a war crime.

Also, killing innocent children, women, and men in response to what radical terrorist Muslims have done makes US and France no better than the radicals they oppose...

This act was a message in itself... It's tit for tat... Stop killing civilians or we will follow suit...

...and what a hell of a message it was to send!

Here's a link to a tweet showing some of the children, no more than four years of age, laying dead from Tuesday's US bombing:

twitter.com...

Here is a video of the children who survived being treated at hospital:

twitter.com...

"If the syrian children were to bleed oil, the World would rush to their rescue."

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Sad but I dont think there will be very much sorrow in Europe becouse of this. People just see it as 85 less rape u gees and killers. Sad sad world.

And they are right. With everything Muslims have been doing to the west lately, I feel no sympathy. Call me an islamophobe or whatever but I don't care.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
THAT is a prime example of leading from the rear.
If you don't have eyes on a target then this happens,I guess MAYBE the traitor in office should start going to his meetings instead of golf.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

And this is an example of blaming obama for anything and everything...
Guess you want to shift the blame to him rather than those who actually did it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

The irony here is that the people that you all love to hate cause they say they don't care when americans die think the same way because of our wars over there and the deaths caused by them.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,yes I can.
He doesn't rely on the military or intelligence for that matter.
YOU'D have to show up to meetings for something like that ,which he has not done ,not once
VALLERIE handles that business.
HIS cabinet his choice.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So it isn't the people who ordered the strikes fault? Tell me, who was the person who had the final say.

And what meetings has he never shown up for.
edit on stThu, 21 Jul 2016 01:36:31 -0500America/Chicago720163180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

the president authorizes strikes, obviously,based on the intelligence he has.
The meeting statement was not correct.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join